Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Oil Catch Can on an SLP TVS2300

Hello,

Am thinking about pulling the trigger on a supercharger (most likely SLP as their price seems most competitive and it's suitable for my goals). I noticed the following note on SLP's website about their TVS2300:

PLEASE NOTE 1LE: You will NOT be able to use factory oil "catch can". This hardware is NOT a factory-installed option. It came in the trunk and can be installed post-title by the dealer or owner, although it was designed to reduce oil consumption in high-rpm track usage.

I assume this is just an issue in mounting the 1LE catch can? I don't have a 1LE, but would like to add a catch can, and am just curious if others have added one to an SLP s/c successfully.

Wondering if anyone can confirm whether they've added a catch can to their SLP TVS2300, and at the same time, any recommendations on most suitable catch can to get with the s/c?

Thanks!
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I have an RX and although you will find mixed reviews it works great. Elite is another good one as are many others. I would recommend drilling out the valve cover ports (stock are very small) or replacing the rocker covers with Holley's as I did since they breath better. If you look at the pics in my garage you can see it better than my sig pic.

Air cleaner intake tube to pass rocker cover, driver rocker cover to center of catch can then outer catch can to sc port front lower drivers side. Cap the valley cover port.

If you opt for a 3 port cc, someone else can describe the setup.

I also have a checked breather on the oil filler to relieve pressure in the crankcase from blowby if there is any when in boost.

Last edited by Iam Broke; 05-05-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Iam Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The best set-up for your Camaro non-OEM top mount supercharger would be a Single Exit Catch Can and Clean-Air Separator.

If you plan to run it hard, (auto-cross, drag racing, road racing, etc.) then the dual outlet will give an additional 15-20% evacuation ability when at WOT. So it is an application decision.

If it was me, with any supercharged engine, I would recommend going with the E2 Catch Can with (2x) Exit Ports.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
HAMBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
The best set-up for your Camaro non-OEM top mount supercharger would be a Single Exit Catch Can and Clean-Air Separator.

If you plan to run it hard, (auto-cross, drag racing, road racing, etc.) then the dual outlet will give an additional 15-20% evacuation ability when at WOT. So it is an application decision.

If it was me, with any supercharged engine, I would recommend going with the E2 Catch Can with (2x) Exit Ports.
Thanks for the info. If going with the single exit cc, what you described as best set-up above, with an SLP TVS2300, which bracket type would you recommend? Hockey stick?

Thanks
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Hotwheels426

Drives: 2013 2ss hot wheels camaro vert
i have the elite on mine..works great..
Old 05-07-2014, 01:50 AM   #6
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
The GM factory catch can design looks and mounts differently than a typical aftermarket catch can. I was considering adding it until I saw the pieces and determined that they would not fit with my supercharger.

I have the RX can and it does work but the gurgling sounds it makes bother me so it may come off. Tried different fittings but the issue comes back after some time. I would try a
different brand next time.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #7
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post

I have a question regarding a centrifigual supercharger LS3 setup and your Catch cans, but I can't seem to get a hold of you. I can't send you PMs on Camaro5, and I emailed you guys and you didn't reply.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
I have a question regarding a centrifigual supercharger LS3 setup and your Catch cans, but I can't seem to get a hold of you. I can't send you PMs on Camaro5, and I emailed you guys and you didn't reply.
If you have any questions just give us a call at the shop. We will get you taken care of. Are you coming up next weekend for the Open House?
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #9
acvc
ACVC

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
Hello,

Am thinking about pulling the trigger on a supercharger (most likely SLP as their price seems most competitive and it's suitable for my goals). I noticed the following note on SLP's website about their TVS2300:

PLEASE NOTE 1LE: You will NOT be able to use factory oil "catch can". This hardware is NOT a factory-installed option. It came in the trunk and can be installed post-title by the dealer or owner, although it was designed to reduce oil consumption in high-rpm track usage.

I assume this is just an issue in mounting the 1LE catch can? I don't have a 1LE, but would like to add a catch can, and am just curious if others have added one to an SLP s/c successfully.

Wondering if anyone can confirm whether they've added a catch can to their SLP TVS2300, and at the same time, any recommendations on most suitable catch can to get with the s/c?

Thanks!
Post pics when dome please!
acvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #10
HAMBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by acvc View Post
Post pics when dome please!
Here are pictures of where I ended up mounting it (driver's side, behind the airbox):

Ended up covering it with chopped up engine cover though:

Old 12-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #11
silverz28

Drives: 1996 Camaro Z28, 2012 2SS/RS
How did you and where did you attach the engine cover?
2012 2SS/RS IOM, LS3, Aftermarket Hurst shifter, IOM interior, Borla "S", 1 7/8 Big Flow headers, ADM Race cold air, BMR 1" lowering springs, SLP Supercharger, Custom Comp Cam, Fore Innovations twin pumps, Flex Fuel Sensor
silverz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #12
pdiddy

Drives: 2011 2SS
I also have a Maggie and a rx can but I will be getting rid of it for a might mouse solution can as it will also vent crank case pressure it's a very very nice piece he offers a few differnt types I believe the middle option is the one best for out application and the price is right trust me the cam is sweet a few others on here I think can speak to it
Old 12-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #13
pdiddy

Drives: 2011 2SS
Mighty Mouse solutions is the company name
Old 12-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #14
z3R0fo01

Drives: 2014 1SS RS 1LE tvs2300
I have been looking for a catch can for the new SLP TVS 2300 i will install in the coming weeks. I think I need to call up mighty mouse and see which one is the best for my setup. I was also thinking that a good place to install is on the drivers side on the one of the studs for the stock air box as others have done.
z3R0fo01 is offline   Reply With Quote