Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #1
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Calling all musicians!

This guitar is the first one made by ESP for the lead guitar player and singer of the band Lord. It's a prototype and it is #1 of only 2 ever made.

Specs: ESP E-II LT-27

Body: Alder
Neck : 3-piece Maple bound reversed headstock
Fretboard: Bound Ebony with large dot inlay
Inlays: Block inlays ESP at 24th fret and LT-27 at 12th fret
Side Markers: Luminous Dot
Construction: Neck-thru-body
Scale: 25.5"
Tuners: Gotoh
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose
Hardware Color: Black
Frets: 27 XJ Scalloped 12 - 27
Pickups: Seymour Duncan TB-14 (b) and SHR-1n (n)
Controls: 1 Volume w/ push-push coil split switch, 1 mini toggle switch - switch phase on rear humbucker, 3-way slide switch
Color: Metallic Splatter Dark Blue
Tuning/Strings: D Standard with Cleartone 10-52

This guitar plays like a dream with the action being as smooth as glass and as low as possible without any fret buzz. The pups are surprisingly well suited and you would be hard pressed not to find great tone from this Horizon. All the frequencies are blended nicely and whether you are using the bridge pup for chunky metal riffing or the neck single coil for solo's all chords and notes are lively and full. Not even the scalloped fretboard will throw you off. They don't take any getting used to. You would have to be strangling the neck with your left hand to push the notes out of tune. The paint job is also incredibly wicked when in person. The body can go from dark blue to purple to almost a complete empty void in black depending on the lighting but what I like the most is it may seem like this guitar was built for the dog and pony show however it is a player's guitar. The overall feel actually encourages you to play with a soft touch but musicians with a heavy hand would appreciate how well the LT-27 holds tune. You can throw all the speed metal and thrash you want to at this fiddle and it responds like a champion. I'm of course on my honeymoon with it so in a few weeks I'll be able to write a more detailed review. Until then I am extremely happy with the E-II.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics! I attached a video of Lord at the bottom of this thread. Enjoy!

Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
ESP makes excellent guitars.

Can't afford a nice ESP with my other hobbies competing for my cash, but were my wallet bottomless it would definitely be a contender.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #3
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Nice
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Thanks fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
ESP makes excellent guitars.

Can't afford a nice ESP with my other hobbies competing for my cash, but were my wallet bottomless it would definitely be a contender.
For the music I play I think ESP is right up there at the top of some of the best top tier guitars in the world. That prototype was $2600 and it ranks with my 7 banger and Jackson custom V's.

If you guys have some pics post 'em!

ESP E-II NT-7B and M-1

Jackson KV2 custom shop

Jackson USA RR1 Lightning

Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #5
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
AND a Jackson. You play metal?

My current utilitarian ax:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-L...38-i2969426.gc
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote