Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-18-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
christgoms

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Check engine light on HELP PLEASE

Hello, I own a 2010 Camaro RS,

While driving it, the check engine comes on, reading here, a common error is fuel cap, but not my case.

My camaro is ALL stock, no modifications, no exhaust or air intake.

Any solution? Thanks
christgoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
What is the code? Bring it to auto zone or buy a 13 dollar plug in bluetooth adapter for your OBD port. There are tons of free code reader apps as long as you buy the adapter module off amazon.

Unless there is a forum member selling them look for
Panlong Bluetooth OBD2 OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner Check Engine Light for Android - Compatible with Torque Pro

In amazon if you have an android phone..
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
christgoms

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
What is the code? Bring it to auto zone or buy a 13 dollar plug in bluetooth adapter for your OBD port. There are tons of free code reader apps as long as you buy the adapter module off amazon.
I really have no idea, i am not from the USA, and where i live, there are just like 5 camaros. Im not a crack on engines, and I really have no idea what to do on this case.

Any tip that I can do instead? If not I will take it to Chevrolet
christgoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #4
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by christgoms View Post
I really have no idea, i am not from the USA, and where i live, there are just like 5 camaros. Im not a crack on engines, and I really have no idea what to do on this case.

Any tip that I can do instead? If not I will take it to Chevrolet

Well if you want to be more informed you need to find someone with a code reader and plug it in to the diag port by your feet. Cars in today's world will tell you whats wrong with it.

Once you get the code it should either tell you whats wrong with it or you can look up the number.

If you can't get the code read you need to take it in.

Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion but mine is pretty spot on.

I just had a code of P0449. That means faulty gas cap or a bad part under the rear of the car.

First step is always read the code. There are thousands of parts in your car. If you want to goto the trunk and undo the negitive battery cable for 60 seconds that should clear the code. Maybe it will come back or maybe it will not. I would want to know whats wrong though before i cleared the code.

Good luck.
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #5
keith.wilkinson.10

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Just go to parts store they'll check the codes for free. Check sparkplug wires are plugged in just for shits and giggles, it's the only time I've ever gotten a CEL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
keith.wilkinson.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #6
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith.wilkinson.10 View Post
Just go to parts store they'll check the codes for free. Check sparkplug wires are plugged in just for shits and giggles, it's the only time I've ever gotten a CEL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
The OP lives in PANAMA.. I doubt they have an Autozone or O'Reilly's handy.

OP, if you can't find a shop with a code reader, you can buy a basic one off Amazon for around $14 USD. Your problem could be anything without knowing what the code is.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:26 PM   #7
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
If the car is running good, disconnect the battery for 5 minutes then reconnect. This will clear the code. If it comes back you should get an OBD2 reader. They are cheap. If you do disconnect the battery you may have to recycle the windows to get them to work correctly. Easy to do just put them up and down a few times.