Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-01-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
opossum

Drives: 2013
ZL1 2013 Magnetic Ride changing shock absorbers

Hallo,
a friend of mine owns a ZL1 2013 US-model. Now he has to change the shock absorbers of the magnetic ride. Now he wants to know, with which torques he must tighten the connections again.
Please, can anyone give me the torques or a link, where i can get this torques.
Thank you so much and

Best regards from Germany
Opossum
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:12 AM   #2
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Can you be specific which connections?
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #3
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum View Post
Hallo,
a friend of mine owns a ZL1 2013 US-model. Now he has to change the shock absorbers of the magnetic ride. Now he wants to know, with which torques he must tighten the connections again.
Please, can anyone give me the torques or a link, where i can get this torques.
Thank you so much and

Opossum

The rear struts FE5 top nut is 33lbs, the four bolts that hold the strut to body are 43lbs, the lower strut nut to lower arm is 59lbs first pass, second is 120 degrees. Stabilizer Shaft Link is 19lbs. Lower control arm bolt to knuckle is 30lbs first pass , second pass 120 degrees.

Front struts top bolt 52lbs, lower strut two bolts 59lbs first pass, second pass 180 degrees.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:03 AM   #4
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hello,

thank You so much, my friend now can change the shock absorbers.

Egbert Gertz
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:29 AM   #5
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
The rear struts FE5 top nut is 33lbs, the four bolts that hold the strut to body are 43lbs, the lower strut nut to lower arm is 59lbs first pass, second is 120 degrees. Stabilizer Shaft Link is 19lbs. Lower control arm bolt to knuckle is 30lbs first pass , second pass 120 degrees.

Front struts top bolt 52lbs, lower strut two bolts 59lbs first pass, second pass 180 degrees.

Kudos sir!
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum View Post
Hello,

thank You so much, my friend now can change the shock absorbers.

Egbert Gertz

Also when D pinning the wired connectors from the strut, I found that removing the purple locking tab for the connect pins is best done by using a pair of very skinny needle nose pliers (the head on mine are about 2 inches long and about a 16th of inch when closed) and inserting them into the tab holes and squeezing then pulling the tab out of the connector. Be careful the purple tab will shoot off your pliers and easily lost. Also make sure your put the new wires from the strut in the correct mating holes and the lock tabs in the correct orientation.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote