Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #15
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyGraphics View Post
Yikes that sure is a lot of money ! I can make ya some Transformer Decals to stick over the lens if ya want LOL
Definitely not the same...
Old 09-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #16
KrazyGraphics
Account Suspended

Drives: camaro
I know , I was just trying to offer a cheaper route
KrazyGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I want these lights, but not for that price.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan coilovers, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
KrazyGraphics
Account Suspended

Drives: camaro
lol I agree , way too much money for something you will hardly see ! ( as a driver )
KrazyGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #19
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Well that makes a lot of sense since likely most of your Graphics you wouldn't see from the driver seat????
I spent alot of money on a blower I can't see that from the driver seat but I know it's there and that's all that matters!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyGraphics View Post
lol I agree , way too much money for something you will hardly see ! ( as a driver )

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #20
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I think he just meant that it's a lot of money to be spent simply on cosmetic taillights. Unlike suspension or in your case, a blower, that you can "feel" every time you go out for a spin.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan coilovers, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #21
rchrdp305

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
i installed it on mine, looks nice.

check it out. short clip of nighttime of how it looks
Old 12-05-2019, 09:36 PM   #22
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2012 Bumblebee SS
I'm reviving this thread from the dead. Here's why.... I've been out of the Camaro gen 5 scene since I sold my ZL1 back in 2013. I recently bought another 2012 Camaro - Transformers edition and it has these lights installed. They work but something is weird. When I use the left turn signal, the blinkers blink more quickly than normal. Plus I get this weird message on the message center telling me to check the bulb....

Anyone know why this is? I took off the light bezels and each pair of lights has some sort of box installed. I've heard it's some sort of resistor box. Nonetheless I hope I can figure out why they're making my blinkers act weird.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:57 PM   #23
lemontwist

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
guys....PLEASE STOP USING PHOTOBUCKET!!!!
they would be sweet on a transformers edition bumblebee.
i know to each his own but am i the only guy that don't want his gas door to be a design feature i call attention to? i miss them being hidden behind the licence plate
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:05 PM   #24
lemontwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I'm reviving this thread from the dead. Here's why.... I've been out of the Camaro gen 5 scene since I sold my ZL1 back in 2013. I recently bought another 2012 Camaro - Transformers edition and it has these lights installed. They work but something is weird. When I use the left turn signal, the blinkers blink more quickly than normal. Plus I get this weird message on the message center telling me to check the bulb....

Anyone know why this is? I took off the light bezels and each pair of lights has some sort of box installed. I've heard it's some sort of resistor box. Nonetheless I hope I can figure out why they're making my blinkers act weird.
i think you have led bulbs and the resistor that keeps the canbus from doing that needs to be replaced or resistor connection is corroded
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 12-05-2019, 10:22 PM   #25
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
i think you have led bulbs and the resistor that keeps the canbus from doing that needs to be replaced or resistor connection is corroded
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That would make sense because the car I bought is a 2012 with only 19K miles on the odometer. The car has been sitting for a very long time. So these resistors are located where? Like I said earlier, all I can see is a box / pair of lights. One box on each side. I wonder if something has gone bad inside those boxes?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:47 PM   #26
lemontwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
That would make sense because the car I bought is a 2012 with only 19K miles on the odometer. The car has been sitting for a very long time. So these resistors are located where? Like I said earlier, all I can see is a box / pair of lights. One box on each side. I wonder if something has gone bad inside those boxes?
post some pics of what you got. you could just get the ones in the amazon link and replace yours that link has what i have they work great or you can spend more cash and get a set that are a direct plug and play
this is how the amazon resistor wires in
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2019, 11:00 PM   #27
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Thanks......