Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 12-13-2018, 04:03 AM   #43
18Hotwheels-SS

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
Got unofficial word today that the magical fix coming out in Q1 is supposed to be some kind of more intense flush. I hope my source is wrong.
I will be VERY disappointed in waiting for a flush. 3 years of an issue and another flush fix would just about do it for me. It would be the first and only flush then right to another manufacturer to trade it in. I have a 2018 2SS Hot Wheels with 6K ON IT and have had the shudder for the last few months. I have quite a few vehicles so I have let the Camaro sit waiting for the 1st quarter fix. the car is no fun to drive and did not want a band aid fix. I have been talking with my salesmen about a new Z06 Vette but that will end that thought. I wouldn't even buy a stick Vette. The thought of going with Vette stick because GM would f^^k use on automatic vehicles makes no sense. Not a company I want to deal with. I think its Challenger Red Eye time. So GM if you are monitoring these posts shame on you.
2018 Hot Wheels 2SS #117, For Sale
2018 Hot Wheels 2LT Convertible. #506, Still Have
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Long Horn, Still Have
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
1970 Camaro RS/Z28, Still Have
1955 Willys CJ3B, Still Have
18Hotwheels-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:45 AM   #44
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I am life long GM owner/buyer, have had tons of new GM vehicles. I am in no 100% happy with GM and what they are doing, some of their build quality, model decisions, etc., but GM over the past 10 years or so has really changed their build quality a lot. Can it be improved upon even more, hell yeah!...but the last few GM vehicles I had own and currently own have been pretty rock solid. I am too experiencing the A8 issues, had mine in 3 times, first to reprogram the TCM 2 years ago, another time for the transmission lines recall, and the 3rd last year to have my A8 rebuilt because it literally crapped out!...other than that (which is huge issue), my SS has been very reliable. My current 2018 Equinox has been rock solid, my SRX that I sold last year was rock solid for 6 years, few minor warranty issues (Window motor replacement, rear camera cracked and replaced, not to mention the crappy Michelins that kept wearing down at 30K miles, but that was/is a known Michelin tire issue).

BTW, see you are in Pittsburgh, go Pens! Was just up there for a game at PPG Paints last month, try to go up a few times a year for games. Was there for game 1 of the Cup Final in 2017!
30k from a set of Michelins is more than most... wish I could get that much out of my tires!

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:49 AM   #45
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
The question I would like to know about the law firm is if they had a client / group of clients that came to the firm to begin a case, or did the law firm hear about the potential for a case and start contacting owners?
Old 12-13-2018, 07:13 AM   #46
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hotwheels-SS View Post
I will be VERY disappointed in waiting for a flush. 3 years of an issue and another flush fix would just about do it for me. It would be the first and only flush then right to another manufacturer to trade it in. I have a 2018 2SS Hot Wheels with 6K ON IT and have had the shudder for the last few months. I have quite a few vehicles so I have let the Camaro sit waiting for the 1st quarter fix. the car is no fun to drive and did not want a band aid fix. I have been talking with my salesmen about a new Z06 Vette but that will end that thought. I wouldn't even buy a stick Vette. The thought of going with Vette stick because GM would f^^k use on automatic vehicles makes no sense. Not a company I want to deal with. I think its Challenger Red Eye time. So GM if you are monitoring these posts shame on you.
Well prepare to be disappointed, because the 2019 fix is another flush.
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #47
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
Attached Images
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:27 AM   #48
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korosion View Post
Well prepare to be disappointed, because the 2019 fix is another flush.
I doubt it's just that. The papers we've seen so far show new fluid and a "tool kit", which could very well involve a flash tool for the tcm.

or a funnel for the fluid. At this point it could be either.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:16 AM   #49
Korosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
I doubt it's just that. The papers we've seen so far show new fluid and a "tool kit", which could very well involve a flash tool for the tcm.

Agreed, we don't know what that "tool kit" is but, until we do know what the tool kit is I will have my doubts.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #50
BRKGBAD

Drives: my feet
*Editing for privacy*

Last edited by BRKGBAD; 01-10-2023 at 03:21 PM.
BRKGBAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #51
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korosion View Post
Agreed, we don't know what that "tool kit" is but, until we do know what the tool kit is I will have my doubts.
I concur. I've been in for the shudder problem 3 times now. They have 1 more fix before lemon laws can come into effect. They have to know they can't afford another "fix" that doesn't work.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:27 AM   #52
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Not sure if i am even in this hunt. 2016 with 3500 on the clock. Just started to notice a rolling vibration at about 35MPH on the same street in the same spot the last couple of times driving, thinking it was something in the road even after watching this issue for 2 years now. This is the same way I leave my neighborhood every time until they decided to repave it. Low and behold it now is doing it same place same time on my new route. It just does it that one time and I don't ever notice it again until the beginning of the next driving cycle. How do I know if I am being affected by the now infamous A8 issue?
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #53
Camaro #5

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS (2LT, V6)
Well, you ought to be noticing it in more than one spot, but I will say the car needs to be warmed up a good bit for it to happen, so maybe that coincides with it, and I guess it would depend on the length of your drive. It feels like driving over a rumble strip. I commonly feel it at about 35 as well, and more commonly at 55-70. When you feel that, check your RPM. If it's about 1500 and the needle jumps up and down a bit, you're probably experiencing the problem.
Camaro #5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #54
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post

Yep...this is the big detail. I can see a flush still being part of the procedure to get any contaminates out, and then a flash of the TCM, or something.

But if its just new fluid again...well that does seem disappointing to me. I mean, the original explanation was that early 2016 models had fluid in it that wasn't any good (in simple terms lol) so they started using new fluid, and changing cars with the old fluid to the new fluid using the TSB. So now they would be saying "Wait no...this 3rd different kind of fluid is REALLY what it needs". Riiiiiiiight.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #55
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Typical class action lawsuit...

"We won a settlement of $XX million, here's your $312.43 check. Enjoy your A8."
Old 12-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #56
Korosion

Just sent all my information to them, they are going to file it either tomorrow or early next week.

Tags
automatic, shudder, torque converter, transmission