Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-29-2018, 10:54 AM   #1
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
DIY Master Cylinder install?

Does anyone have a detailed description on how to install a master cylinder on an SS. This would be really appreciated

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:04 AM   #2
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
Does anyone have a detailed description on how to install a master cylinder on an SS. This would be really appreciated
give it a few days and i will know how it goes. i'll be installing my tick billet MC this weekend.

hopefully someone else has done this and can give you instructions before then lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
give it a few days and i will know how it goes. i'll be installing my tick billet MC this weekend.

hopefully someone else has done this and can give you instructions before then lol
lol it'll be a little while before I work on it, I'll be looking forward to hearing about it. Tick sells a billet master cylinder?

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:45 PM   #4
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
lol it'll be a little while before I work on it, I'll be looking forward to hearing about it. Tick sells a billet master cylinder?
oh nice, i'll do a little write-up on my install then and post it here.

Yep, Tick just came out with their billet MC for a 5th gen Camaro about a month ago I think. It'll come with instructions but I'll take some pics along the way as well. I'm hoping it helps cure my falling pedal under WOT.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #5
Matt@Tick

Drives: All GM Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
oh nice, i'll do a little write-up on my install then and post it here.

Yep, Tick just came out with their billet MC for a 5th gen Camaro about a month ago I think. It'll come with instructions but I'll take some pics along the way as well. I'm hoping it helps cure my falling pedal under WOT.
Thanks for purchasing. All of the pre order kits have shipped and are on the way, with some already installed.

You will find this is about the most simple kit to install we have ever made. The pedal assembly can be a little tough to remove from the car, but that will be the hardest part of the entire install. I am personally very excited about this new master kit. We have spent lots of time building and testing this kit. We have gone through four different designs until we got what we wanted as the final product.

I have found already that it is a good idea to put some grease on the mounting peg that is on the pedal for the master rod. This will keep it from making any squeaking noise. This is an issue that has come up after we had our adjustment rods coated. I feel like there may be too much coating on them and the fit is tighter than we wanted.

Anyway, enjoy your new master kit! And I hope the install goes smoothly for you.
Matt@Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:46 PM   #6
Michaelthurston

Drives: 2013 Vert Ashen Gray
Just swapped my v6 master cylinder for the SS master cylinder, and it's super simple. In a nutshell:

1. Use a siphon/pump to remove the fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.

2. Loosen the two brake lines on the left hand side of the Master cylinder. (I would suggest putting something beneath to catch any remaining fluid, as given enough time, it will eat paint.)

3. Remove the two nuts and washers on either side of the master cylinder, holding it to the brake booster.

4. Bench bleed your new master cylinder to remove all the air.

5. Install the new bled master cylinder following the above steps in reverse order.

Then just make sure you fill it back up with enough fluid.

Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help.
Michaelthurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #7
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelthurston View Post
Just swapped my v6 master cylinder for the SS master cylinder, and it's super simple. In a nutshell:

1. Use a siphon/pump to remove the fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.

2. Loosen the two brake lines on the left hand side of the Master cylinder. (I would suggest putting something beneath to catch any remaining fluid, as given enough time, it will eat paint.)

3. Remove the two nuts and washers on either side of the master cylinder, holding it to the brake booster.

4. Bench bleed your new master cylinder to remove all the air.

5. Install the new bled master cylinder following the above steps in reverse order.

Then just make sure you fill it back up with enough fluid.

Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help.
Thanks a lot man! So how exactly do you get to the master cylinder from inside if the car??

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Old 09-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #8
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Check this out
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:23 AM   #9
Nb1081

Drives: 10 2ss/rs
When you bench bleed the master do not push the plunger all the way use a bunch of short strokes and i would bleed the lines on car incase you got any air in there plus it never hurts to get fresh fluid in the whole system
Old 09-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #10
booneSS13

Does the driver seat have to be removed to be able to remove the clutch pedal assembly?

Old 09-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #11
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Is he talking about the Brake Master Cylinder or the Clutch Master Cylinder??
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote