Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-31-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
We're Now Making Essential Products.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/

Name:  ESSENTIALPRODUCTS.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  116.2 KB

Name:  11manufacturing.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  88.0 KB

Name:  1HELPDONATE.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  85.8 KB

Name:  BOTTLES.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  45.5 KB

Name:  sanitizerhero.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  76.9 KB
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:30 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
$44.12 for 32oz of hand sanitizer?

Only a few weeks ago, until it ran out, you could buy a 32oz bottle for $7.99 plus tax at drugstores and Wal-Mart.

I need some, but sorry, I'm not paying that much for it.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:52 PM   #3
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
$44.12 for 32oz of hand sanitizer?

Only a few weeks ago, until it ran out, you could buy a 32oz bottle for $7.99 plus tax at drugstores and Wal-Mart.

I need some, but sorry, I'm not paying that much for it.
That's supply and demand for ya.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:49 AM   #4
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
I calculate 4 8oz bottles coming to $31.96.

Did the $44.12 include shipping? When you could buy the 32oz bottles from Walmart or Drug Stores for $7.99 + tax, did that include shipping?

How much are the 32oz bottles at Walmart or Drug Stores now?

Directly from Adam's webstore:
Full disclosure: We have increased the price of each bottle by $1.00 at this time due to 3x cost increases from our vendor on raw ingredients.

If you can't say anything nice, well you know...
Old 04-01-2020, 09:23 AM   #5
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Also selling essential products are a way to keep them open as well in these times. Walmart or other stores are sold out of hand sanitizer as well.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #6
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZN View Post
I calculate 4 8oz bottles coming to $31.96.

Did the $44.12 include shipping? When you could buy the 32oz bottles from Walmart or Drug Stores for $7.99 + tax, did that include shipping?

How much are the 32oz bottles at Walmart or Drug Stores now?

Directly from Adam's webstore:
Full disclosure: We have increased the price of each bottle by $1.00 at this time due to 3x cost increases from our vendor on raw ingredients.

If you can't say anything nice, well you know...
What store do you go in to buy a product that charges you shipping?

No stores have any hand sanitizer now where I live, not 1 bottle anywhere. This is the same anywhere you live in the USA.

The prices on the empty shelves haven't changed. Same price, just none for sale. $7.99...with tax $8.50 for a 32oz bottle. It's still 4X the cost without the shipping factored in.

A 32oz bottle of 70% IPA is still $3.25......They still have these on the shelves at a few stores. No price increase at all.

I'm supposed to say something nice about a company selling a product that is in very high demand now, that could save people's life, charging 4X what the cost should be?

OK, Thank you for offering me a product I really need during an outbreak of a virus that has no cure/vaccine for 4X the amount it should cost.

Since your so concerned about my health that you need an extra 3X the normal cost.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:22 AM   #7
BRZN

Here's a cool video about the Hand Sanitizer from Adam's:

https://youtu.be/wPKj-3S7g38

Oh, and if you pay attention to the video, there's an explanation of the pricing.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:52 AM   #8
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZN View Post
Here's a cool video about the Hand Sanitizer from Adam's:

https://youtu.be/wPKj-3S7g38

Oh, and if you pay attention to the video, there's an explanation of the pricing.

OK, so the website originally said the cost was increased by $1 per bottle due to costs of raw ingredients being 3X the normal amount.

Neither IPA, H202, or Glycerol have increased in price at all. A 55 gallon drum of 99.8% IPA is still 1k. They're talking about buying it by the traincar, which would be substantially less per gallon.

So now they say they are paying $1.50 for a plastic bottle? In bulk these are about 10c each...….I used to work for a pharmaceutical company that made liquids. I know what the costs involved are. No one is paying $1.50 per bottle.

They are giving away 1 bottle for every 2 sold? They show someone from a local Fire Dept. getting 25 bottles.....so they have only sold 75? Wait a minute, they are currently sold out. A traincar full of IPA only makes 75 - 8oz bottles? A train car tanker should hold at least 1500 gallons, that's 30,000 bottles. So who got the other 9975 bottles donated to them?

There is a reason why hand sanitizer is $8 for 32oz., because it's profitable to sell for that price.

4X the cost is price gouging. But there is no law on this in Colorado, how convenient.

The price gouging law most every state adopts for this is as stated...

"Selling commodities, household essentials, fuel, etc. after a declared state of emergency for more than 10% over the price at which similar services/products were sold during the 90-day period preceding the emergency."

This guy in the video wants to talk about how his fingers hurt from putting on bottle caps?

In a video of their warehouse on YT , it clearly shows the automated process they use for this. No one puts bottle caps on by hand. The fact is plain and simple.....they are charging 4X the amount of what this product should cost. They are making tons of money doing this, by using a virus that no cure/vaccine exists. That people die from every day, to line their pockets with money. Despicable.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:12 AM   #9
BRZN

Old 04-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #10
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
I’m not justifying paying exorbitant prices at all. However this company used to make car cleaning products correct? (I’m not familiar with them) made here in the USA? Perhaps the issue isn’t plastic bottles etc so much as thier workers hourly wage? The stuff your buying in Walmart is possably made in China. So thier current workers wage is based upon the car cleaning materials industry and not hand sanitizer industry. They have switched over thier production to help provide a product in These tough times to keep thier workers working. Do you really expect them to cut thier workers hourly wage to bring the price down?

Just my .02 and perhaps another thought in this. Buy USA
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:18 PM   #11
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter18155 View Post
I’m not justifying paying exorbitant prices at all. However this company used to make car cleaning products correct? (I’m not familiar with them) made here in the USA? Perhaps the issue isn’t plastic bottles etc so much as thier workers hourly wage? The stuff your buying in Walmart is possably made in China. So thier current workers wage is based upon the car cleaning materials industry and not hand sanitizer industry. They have switched over thier production to help provide a product in These tough times to keep thier workers working. Do you really expect them to cut thier workers hourly wage to bring the price down?

Just my .02 and perhaps another thought in this. Buy USA
The largest manufacturer of hand sanitizer in the US is Purell, the same that sells for $8 for 32 oz. at Wal-Mart.
Located in Akron Ohio USA. GOJO Industries Inc.

Want to see a REAL story about someone trying to help people during this time? Read this.
https://www.menshealth.com/trending-...-nyc-brooklyn/

This is a person with high moral standards. People who sell a needed product during a national emergency for 4X the normal cost don't have morals.

Old 04-04-2020, 01:47 PM   #12
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Quote:
The largest manufacturer of hand sanitizer in the US is Purell, the same that sells for $8 for 32 oz. at Wal-Mart.
Located in Akron Ohio USA. GOJO Industries Inc.

Want to see a REAL story about someone trying to help people during this time? Read this.
https://www.menshealth.com/trending-...-nyc-brooklyn/

This is a person with high moral standards. People who sell a needed product during a national emergency for 4X the normal cost don't have morals.
Purell been making the stuff for years. They already set up and perfected thier process and what exactly are they paying thier employees? Idk that and idk what this company pays thier employees either. Very well could be a difference between min wage and $20 am hr for all we know. They may have contracts with bottling companies and forced to buy thier products at thier suppliers cost many companies have contracts to only buy supplies from certain companies. My point isn’t that everyone should be buying at that cost but can’t exactly slam the company for trying to put out a product and keeping thier employees working during this time. The price point might be high but it may be high for reasons other then greed. We simply just don’t know enough Of the facts about thier processes and price point to make that assumption.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:27 PM   #13
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter18155 View Post
Purell been making the stuff for years. They already set up and perfected thier process and what exactly are they paying thier employees? Idk that and idk what this company pays thier employees either. Very well could be a difference between min wage and $20 am hr for all we know. They may have contracts with bottling companies and forced to buy thier products at thier suppliers cost many companies have contracts to only buy supplies from certain companies. My point isn’t that everyone should be buying at that cost but can’t exactly slam the company for trying to put out a product and keeping thier employees working during this time. The price point might be high but it may be high for reasons other then greed. We simply just don’t know enough Of the facts about thier processes and price point to make that assumption.
Your prior statement was that Hand Sanitizer came from China, it does not, that is FALSE.

The process for making this is very easy and uncomplicated, the only TRUE thing I saw in the video posted.

I already posted what the formula is, not going to do it again, go back and read the prior post. 4 simple ingredients. IPA, H20, H202, Glycerol. Very inexpensive to make in bulk. No oil phase or drug phase like other liquids require.

I worked for a pharmaceutical company. I know what the facts are.

The average wage of someone working packaging is $10 hr. I'll bet everything I own they aren't paying them $20 hr. And even if they are, the profits are still MASSIVE due to charging 4X and 6X standard cost.

I know THESE facts.

They originally stated the price was increased by $1 because of RAW MATERIAL cost, but in that video, they said the cost was because of them paying $1.50 ea. for empty bottles. Bottles are not a RAW MATERIAL. NONE of the raw materials used in this has went up 3X the cost as they originally stated. The cost is the SAME.

That's ridiculous. No one is charging $1.50 for a 4/8oz plastic bottle. If they were, the entire pharmaceutical business would be in an uproar.

They stated they are giving away 1 bottle for every 3 sold. They have a picture of a fire truck up with CRATES of bottles next to it. But in the video they give them 25 bottles, not CRATES of them.

The only reason they are getting away with this is because there is no law for price gouging in Colorado. If they had the same law that applies in other states, they would get SHUT down.

They are making TONS of money at the price point they are selling this at. And the only reason they are able to sell it is because of a countrywide shortage of it. Who would be buying this if they still had 32oz. bottles on shelves for $8? NO ONE.

They are taking advantage of people due to the current Coronavirus pandemic. It's absolutely despicable.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 04-04-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:50 PM   #14
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Your prior statement was that Hand Sanitizer came from China, it does not, that is FALSE.

The process for making this is very easy and uncomplicated, the only TRUE thing I saw in the video posted.

I already posted what the formula is, not going to do it again, go back and read the prior post. 4 simple ingredients. IPA, H20, H202, Glycerol. Very inexpensive to make in bulk. No oil phase or drug phase like other liquids require.

I worked for a pharmaceutical company. I know what the facts are.

The average wage of someone working packaging is $10 hr. I'll bet everything I own they aren't paying them $20 hr. And even if they are, the profits are still MASSIVE due to charging 4X and 6X standard cost.

I know THESE facts.

They originally stated the price was increased by $1 because of RAW MATERIAL cost, but in that video, they said the cost was because of them paying $1.50 ea. for empty bottles. Bottles are not a RAW MATERIAL. NONE of the raw materials used in this has went up 3X the cost as they originally stated. The cost is the SAME.

That's ridiculous. No one is charging $1.50 for a 4/8oz plastic bottle. If they were, the entire pharmaceutical business would be in an uproar.

They stated they are giving away 1 bottle for every 3 sold. They have a picture of a fire truck up with CRATES of bottles next to it. But in the video they give them 25 bottles, not CRATES of them.

The only reason they are getting away with this is because there is no law for price gouging in Colorado. If they had the same law that applies in other states, they would get SHUT down.

They are making TONS of money at the price point they are selling this at. And the only reason they are able to sell it is because of a countrywide shortage of it. Who would be buying this if they still had 32oz. bottles on shelves for $8? NO ONE.

They are taking advantage of people due to the current Coronavirus pandemic. It's absolutely despicable.
If you don’t agree with it don’t buy it, get it from somewhere else. Or better yet make it yourself since you know everything about it. There are many people that use Adams products that are beyond great products. I don’t think you not buying from them or talking about them is going to hurt their business. Grow up and move on. SMH
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote