Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #15
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Awesome !
What wax did you end up using ?
Well for my 2002 SS I bought some Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba. I tried that on the hood and front end first one night and it never seemed to dry right. It was a lot more work to take off the car. So then I talked to a friend of mine and he has always had good luck with Mothers Brazilian Carnauba. So I went out and got a bottle of that and tried it. The Mother's wax worked really well. I'm pretty happy with how easy it goes on and comes off. So I also used the Mother's on my 1LE then as well.

Now I know there will be people on here that chime in and say I should have used Adam's Americana Wax or something like that but when I bought the bottle of mothers for $6 on sale and it still produces a nice deep shine I can't complain. I'm not planning on entering my car in any "concourse" style car shows so the mother's will give me a nice deep shine that will look just as good to 99% of the people out there that see the car.

So for me Mothers Brazilian Carnauba FTW
Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #16
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
Well for my 2002 SS I bought some Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba. I tried that on the hood and front end first one night and it never seemed to dry right. It was a lot more work to take off the car. So then I talked to a friend of mine and he has always had good luck with Mothers Brazilian Carnauba. So I went out and got a bottle of that and tried it. The Mother's wax worked really well. I'm pretty happy with how easy it goes on and comes off. So I also used the Mother's on my 1LE then as well.

Now I know there will be people on here that chime in and say I should have used Adam's Americana Wax or something like that but when I bought the bottle of mothers for $6 on sale and it still produces a nice deep shine I can't complain. I'm not planning on entering my car in any "concourse" style car shows so the mother's will give me a nice deep shine that will look just as good to 99% of the people out there that see the car.

So for me Mothers Brazilian Carnauba FTW
That's what it is all about man. You found something that works for you!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #17
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
Nice garage Nick, some day I will have one like that but for now I have to make due with a mere 20X20 with 8' walls. I'm pretty sure your garage is bigger than my house too!

Glad to see you treating your car right!
Well I went for 7 years with only a 2 car garage (Barely a 2 car at that) that was detached 55 ft away from the house and had no electricity to the garage. So basically it was a storage shed. My wife and I saved our money and bought the place we were renting in 2009 and then did a remodel/addition in 2011. I always had big dreams and plans for my garage and I was finally able to make it happen in 2011. I didn't get my lift though until March 15th of this year. So I'm still getting that "Broke in"!

Hang in there and keep planning for it and it will happen. Just comes down to priorities. I even sold off a bunch of engine parts I had for my 2002 SS because I wanted the $4500 I had in engine part for finishing details in the garage.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #18
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
All that money in the garage, now you need a buffer and all the polishes!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #19
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman View Post
All that money in the garage, now you need a buffer and all the polishes!
I have been looking at DA Buffers. Been trying to research them here and there to see what the pro's and con's of each brand are I just haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I'm also a little nervous that I'll do more harm than good with one. I'll probably have to practice on my daily drivers first before I even get near one of the Camaro's with a DA!
Old 05-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #20
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Nice
Old 05-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #21
Chi-One

Drives: 2013 DUSK Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
I have been looking at DA Buffers. Been trying to research them here and there to see what the pro's and con's of each brand are I just haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I'm also a little nervous that I'll do more harm than good with one. I'll probably have to practice on my daily drivers first before I even get near one of the Camaro's with a DA!
Nick,

A Porter Cable or similar brand RANDOM ORBITAL buffer, available from Griots, Auto-Geek, etc is what you need. You cannot damage your paint with a random orbital.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #22
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
That garage is sick! I want a lift in mine one day
Old 05-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #23
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
Men, just place a TV, BBQ and I can live on that garage with my cars and bikes!!! Nice work men!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #24
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I was expecting some more like this..

But that will work I guess. LOL
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #25
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Damn dude... a garage alone would be a great start for me!

Looking good.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I was expecting some more like this..

But that will work I guess. LOL
If you want to send her my way...I'll put her to work on the other cars and then post some pics for your enjoyment!!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #27
Camaro SS 0489

Drives: 2012 camaro ss/rs
Gotta be tough on your back.lol
Camaro SS 0489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #28
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
Very nice tool there
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote