Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #337
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
It did actually happened and I've got the log to prove it. Now, I'm not saying my intake is this good, I am suggesting the ambient sensor isn't as fast as the IAT sensor. Maybe it was the humidity causing the sensor to read the drop in temp faster than the ambient sensor, who knows, but this did in fact happen. Also, please read where I said ambient dropped to match IAT's around 6k rpm/100 mph. Sorry you don't get this on your dyno

Was waiting for someone to call me out. I'll post the log when I get home!
It is simply not possible, Basic Physics.

If you blow 70 degree air on something you can't make it 68 degrees.

Your log data is inaccurate sensors are not perfect more like a reference.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #338
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
It is simply not possible, Basic Physics.

If you blow 70 degree air on something you can't make it 68 degrees.

Your log data is inaccurate sensors are not perfect more like a reference.
It's entirely accurate when the IAT sensor is more sensitive than the ambient sensor. I can tell it's more sensitive when running logs because even a blip of the throttle results in an IAT change whereas the ambient may change temps every few minutes or so...

I'm not trying to disprove physics here, I am however disproving your whole 'it can't read lower' because it can when the two sensors don't react at the same times.

Ambient also changed at the end of the run to what IAT was. Can you not see how one sensor is more reactive?
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #339
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
It's entirely accurate when the IAT sensor is more sensitive than the ambient sensor. I can tell it's more sensitive when running logs because even a blip of the throttle results in an IAT change whereas the ambient may change temps every few minutes or so...

I'm not trying to disprove physics here, I am however disproving your whole 'it can't read lower' because it can when the two sensors don't react at the same times.

Ambient also changed at the end of the run to what IAT was. Can you not see how one sensor is more reactive?
Your post is pretty clear you never said anything about the sensitivity of the sensor which I already knew was the issue.

You clearly said IAT was lower than ambient.

The bottom line is the readings are inaccurate and unreliable.

I am sorry if it was a misunderstanding.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #340
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Your post is pretty clear you never said anything about the sensitivity of the sensor which I already knew was the issue.

You clearly said IAT was lower than ambient.

The bottom line is the readings are inaccurate and unreliable.

I am sorry if it was a misunderstanding.
I posted a picture to get reactions and to start a discussion on real world performance instead of dyno performance. But, I'll create my own thread for that.

Have a good one.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:12 PM   #341
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
Been running the CAI with the Apex race scoop with washer relocate from day one ,Ted did a hell of a job testing and deserves a lot of credit and thanks .
I just realized that your answer to my quote circa 2014, is like 3 yearrrs late dude .
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #342
JANNETTYRACING

Still very good info.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:38 AM   #343
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Still alive this thread had a second comparison thread. Still good to this day .