Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #309
Jonmartin
I did..

Drives: BMW M3 Sedan Jet Black
Wow quick S/C I wanna check out the numbers. The price is great I wish my s/c was that price ha!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 AM   #310
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Whoa, is it possible I am mistaken? I will double check my statement, Rick is a stand up guy and does not lie about anything. I think I may have mis quoted.
I want to make sure the air is cleared...correctly...either way...you made 509rwhp he made 553rwhp, now I know dyno's vary, but not necessarily by 50rwhp. I just want to see that the truth is told so that folks don't buy parts based upon a pretense that is actually not true. I included want to make sure of what kind of power level to expect...especially when you are comparing several different modifications TT vs TVS vs H/C/I.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #311
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Well, I wish you luck on trying to determine what the "real" number is. There are just too many variables to account for when comparing one shops numbers to anothers. Even if two different shops used the exact same brand/model dyno, and tested the exact same car, that does not mean they will both have the same results.

In the end, unless you're just looking for internet/parking lot bragging rights, a dyno number doesn't really mean anything. The only true test of performance is the results you see at the track.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #312
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
I am not sure how the OEM engine cover fits on and secured, but will it go back on once the SC is installed?

Just curious, I like the fact that the SC is quite, and also would like to be able to hide it under the OEM cover as well....just a little more sleeper style.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #313
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
There's no way that cover would fit back on there without a lot of work IMO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #314
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Just curious, I like the fact that the SC is quite,
Quite what? Quite shiny? Quite unobtrusive? Quite expensive?
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #315
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Be nice.....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #316
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
I think he was trying to type quiet ..

Crowley
Old 05-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #317
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Oh man, spell check doesn't help grammer issues

QUIET
Old 05-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #318
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
So Rick @ Livernois basically lied to everyone...They strictly posted on LS1tech it was stock except Rotofab intake...a cam change is a straight up lie, because no only does it create more power, but it adds $$ to the bottom line...so folks trying to figure how much $$/hp will cost don't get an accurate calculation...if this is true, this is BAD!!! business.

Especially since someone straight up told him, "thats awsome. Id bet if you had a cam in there you'd be making close to 600 hp no?" and he didn't come clean.
Rick didn't lie to anyone; I never told him (or really anyone else) that I put a cam in while installing the supercharger It was a shot in the dark to see how it would work with the smaller blower, heck it idles BETTER than stock you cant even remotely tell it has a pretty decent duration cam in it. for me this car is one big experiment we are trying to build the ultimate sleeper G8 with component choices that differ from those I would have normally used in a build like this.

That and I'm developing this package for sale so until the fuel system is completed I didn't want to "spill" the proverbial beans but I don't want Rick to take a hit for something he didn't even know about
Old 05-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #319
radz28
Petro-sexual

CAUGHT YOU RED-HANDED! J/K

WELCOME!!!

Thanks for clearing the air. That's a whole lotta' power from that cam.

Hopefully we'll see some numbers today

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 05-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #320
dankss
Contract Killer

Drives: 2010 black 1ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
Rick didn't lie to anyone; I never told him (or really anyone else) that I put a cam in while installing the supercharger It was a shot in the dark to see how it would work with the smaller blower, heck it idles BETTER than stock you cant even remotely tell it has a pretty decent duration cam in it. for me this car is one big experiment we are trying to build the ultimate sleeper G8 with component choices that differ from those I would have normally used in a build like this.

That and I'm developing this package for sale so until the fuel system is completed I didn't want to "spill" the proverbial beans but I don't want Rick to take a hit for something he didn't even know about
so what cam did you end up using then?
Old 05-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #321
radz28
Petro-sexual

I thought he said he used an LS9 cam...

Edit: ?Brian? (BlownChevy) said there was an LS9 cam in it in like Post# 292 or so.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 05-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #322
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Yup I used a factory fresh LS9 Cam Can't even tell its in there and the ZR1 uses the same pushrods so one less thing I had to change heheh I mean we had the balancer off, the front fascia off and were moving the radiator why not just take the radiator out and yank the front cover off right?