Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #57
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
Honesity is always the best policy
Agreed 100%
Old 11-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #58
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Love the innuendo going on here.

A retailer and a supplier/manufacturer are two totaly different things.

Once again, anyone with a self-created advantage or trade secret is a villain.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #59
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Love the innuendo going on here.

A retailer and a supplier/manufacturer are two totaly different things.

Once again, anyone with a self-created advantage or trade secret is a villain.
This is just my personal opinion so take it for what it's worth. When someone tells you that's a "trade secret", what they're really saying is, I don't want you to know how or why I am doing something. To me this says that that person lacks confidence in their craftsmanship. Nothing about what we do is rocket science. Some people are more creative than others and some have more technical knowledge than others but let's not kid ourselves by pretending to be Nasa engineers. I share my technical knowledge with other shops as well as manufacturers I work closely with all the time. Why do I do this? For the betterment of the industry. If I can somehow provide insight that others haven't considered then we all benefit. On the other hand if I keep everything to myself then very few benefit. It was once described to me in a way that made a lot of sense. If each generation was forced to learn what the generation before had already mastered then we never move forward. However if we share these lessons and ideas then each generation after us advances exponentially.

The point is simply this, if retailers/suppliers/manufacturers all worked together and stopped playing the "trade secret" game, just think what we could all accomplish. The problem with that philosophy is it doesn't line certain people's pocketbooks. I can only speak for myself in this situation but this is about more than money to me. I thank God every single day I am allowed to wake up and help customers realize the dream of making their car unique. It is a pure blessing I have been given a set of skills to make that happen.

Regarding brands and the reason we have chosen to align ourselves with certain vendors is very simple. We search out the best product for the best price we possibly can. We then pass these savings on to the customer. We have been doing this since the day we opened. Every single product we sell gets installed on one of our shop cars or we sponsor a local vehicle in order to test the quality of the products we sell. Once they meet our very stringent standards and only then will we sell them to the public.

I realize my personal views differ quite a bit from "industry standards" but I will not compromise. My customers expect the best from me therefore I expect the best from myself, my suppliers, and my manufactures. I hope this clears up my stance on things.

If anyone has any questions or simply want to discuss my personal cell number is 214 535 4510.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #60
PQ
Booooosted.

I think that's a load of crap considering what you've done here.

You intended to make Pete look like he's being shifty. If not you wouldn't have come back in response to my innuendo comment.

I get irritated when people bash other people in order to sell shit.

And your communist comments are very reasuring.

Quote:
When someone tells you that's a "trade secret", what they're really saying is, I don't want you to know how or why I am doing something. To me this says that that person lacks confidence in their craftsmanship.
NICE. How bout sell your shit with a little more merit and a little less bashing the other guy. You'd make a great politician.

And to try and make us think you're such a responsible humanitarian and out for the good of the world is bullshit. I say that becasue of your weasle-like tactic in this thread.

You may have been drawn to this thread by someone else, and I absolutely agreed with your point of out of context and was going to say as much until your personal attack and subsequent hypocrisy.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #61
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
Quote:

Dude, if I ever need a PI, you're me guy. hahaha

hahahahaha, definitely
Old 11-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #62
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Quote:
I think that's a load of crap considering what you've done here.

You intended to make Pete look like he's being shifty. If not you wouldn't have come back in response to my innuendo comment.

I get irritated when people bash other people in order to sell shit.

And your communist comments are very reasuring.

NICE. How bout sell your shit with a little more merit and a little less bashing the other guy. You'd make a great politician.

And to try and make us think you're such a responsible humanitarian and out for the good of the world is bullshit. I say that becasue of your weasle-like tactic in this thread.

You may have been drawn to this thread by someone else, and I absolutely agreed with your point of out of context and was going to say as much until your personal attack and subsequent hypocrisy.
I will respectfully disagree with you on my tactics. I personally have no interest in Pete or Pedders. I can see how you would take my comments to be an attack. And for that I apologize. It was simply a response to a feeling of being attacked as well. What I was simply trying to say is I'm not hiding anything from anyone(in response to my post being taken out of context). You'll also notice I agreed with several people about the fact that companies can keep information private if they choose. We simply choose not to. We just don't see the point.

I also wasn't really sure if you were referring to me with your response or not. But I will stand behind my statements. This is not directed towards Pedders but at the industry as a whole. If you follow my posting you will see I also post in Magnuson threads and really any vendor that I deal with directly as I stand behind those products. It is not my goal nor intention to "attack anyone". I simply feel it's important that people understand my stance and feelings on certain subjects. I once again sincerely apologize if my comments seem to be personal towards anyone as it simply was not my intention.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #63
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
everyone should shake their D1cks, the measuring contest should have been over @ post 9

Just agree that there is a limited number of manufactures and a lot of Vendors get their products made by some of the same Manufactures.
Granted they may provide different spec's to the manufacture then Joe Blow down the street has.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #64
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
I will respectfully disagree with you on my tactics. I personally have no interest in Pete or Pedders. I can see how you would take my comments to be an attack. And for that I apologize. It was simply a response to a feeling of being attacked as well. What I was simply trying to say is I'm not hiding anything from anyone(in response to my post being taken out of context). You'll also notice I agreed with several people about the fact that companies can keep information private if they choose. We simply choose not to. We just don't see the point.

I also wasn't really sure if you were referring to me with your response or not. But I will stand behind my statements. This is not directed towards Pedders but at the industry as a whole. If you follow my posting you will see I also post in Magnuson threads and really any vendor that I deal with directly as I stand behind those products. It is not my goal nor intention to "attack anyone". I simply feel it's important that people understand my stance and feelings on certain subjects. I once again sincerely apologize if my comments seem to be personal towards anyone as it simply was not my intention.
I hope you can see how I read the postings. At first I was agreeing with you on how you were brought to this thread and I sure read your subsequent posting wrong then.

I am on here a lot and I don't go on other forums so I'm quite familiar with most of our vendors. I just see a LOT of bashing of other vendors. If you weren't doing that I'll take your word for it. Everyones business model is different.

The one poster in here seemed to have an axe to grind. The subject of this thead was for a product that is not a Pedders product. I'll go to bat for any vendor who is being called out unfairly.

Hope it's all ok after this. I'm not that familiar with you guys. You are certainly passionate about your business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
everyone should shake their D1cks, the measuring contest should have been over @ post 9

Just agree that there is a limited number of manufactures and a lot of Vendors get their products made by some of the same Manufactures.
Granted they may provide different spec's to the manufacture then Joe Blow down the street has.
Agreed. But I'll defend anyone being unfairly called out. The guys in the beggining were doing just that.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #65
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Quote:
I hope you can see how I read the postings. At first I was agreeing with you on how you were brought to this thread and I sure read your subsequent posting wrong then.

I am on here a lot and I don't go on other forums so I'm quite familiar with most of our vendors. I just see a LOT of bashing of other vendors. If you weren't doing that I'll take your word for it. Everyones business model is different.

The one poster in here seemed to have an axe to grind. The subject of this thead was for a product that is not a Pedders product. I'll go to bat for any vendor who is being called out unfairly.

Hope it's all ok after this. I'm not that familiar with you guys. You are certainly passionate about your business.

Agreed. But I'll defend anyone being unfairly called out. The guys in the beggining were doing just that.
We're good.

At first glance it appears the Megan coil overs are basically the same as BC racing. It would not surprise me if they were made by BC. As I have stated in the past BC racing is one of the largest coil over manufacturers in the world. However when a company chooses to private label with BC they have control over spring rates and valving. When we researched private labeling with them there was never any talk with the manufacturing process. So to my knowledge I have no idea if they will manufacture to a "lower or higher quality".

If anyone is interested in the Megan coil overs I would simply suggest doing a little research and giving them a call as well and see what they have to say. Could be another good alternative?
Old 11-24-2011, 01:49 AM   #66
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Funny, in my industry there are five big manufactures, of which I am one. I have also done work for 3 out of the the other four. So will any of them admit it....no. It only means when they need the best they kinow where to get it, or just need the help.
Most people don't realize there are dozens of brands of antifreeze, but only one manufacture, same with batteries. I can also tell you there are big differences between the brands.
I guess I am just trying to say, if company "x" has all of the equipment, and skill to produce the best parts at the best price, guess what? They build them for almost everyone. The specs, and design however are trade secrets, and as such comapny "x" will not devulge them. They like their business too much to lose all of their contracts.
Which is why I'm trying to find the differences so I can weigh my options . I'm not asking them to divulge trade secrets , but I would think asking for specs is a fair question. Is it too much to ask for the differences with each brand ? Regardless of whether or not they are made in the same place . I'm not trying to start a brand war (as I've said earlier in this thread)

Not everyone is blessed to have money coming out of the Wazoo

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.

Last edited by Nexus6; 11-24-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:03 AM   #67
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
Is it too much to ask for the differences with each brand ? Regardless of whether or not they are made in the same place . I'm not trying to start a brand war (as I've said earlier in this thread)
I guess the simple answer is nobody so far knows.

I've never even heard of those before but if they are a lower quality (and I have NO clue) then you'd be asking one vendor to bash another. I think Pete is basically just defending his product without giving opinion on someone elses. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, that's the right thing to do for a party with interest.

I did personaly find out that there are products that are marketed well but be crap and there are products that are a helluva bargain and be damn good. There are a few things I've done that I'd have paid much more for (ie, my side marker lights after they got them fixed) and things that were expensive but crap. (ie, my wheels)

Maybe someon with that equipment in the ad will comment.

It does suck not knowing though.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:23 AM   #68
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Which is why I'm trying to find the differences so I can weigh my options . I'm not asking them to divulge trade secrets , but I would think asking for specs is a fair question. Is it too much to ask for the differences with each brand ? Regardless of whether or not they are made in the same place . I'm not trying to start a brand war (as I've said earlier in this thread)
At Pedders, we let the performance of our products speak for themselves. Allow me to explain. Many of the vehicles on display at SEMA are not road worthy let alone track worthy. Every car Pedders has displayed at SEMA was track ready. In 2009 we took our SEMA Camaro directly to the OPTIMA Challenge. Every major suspension company was in attendance. The Pedders Camaro was the fastest 5th Gen on track and posted the third fastest time on the road course. It was over 7 seconds faster than the next fastest 5th Gen. In 2010 we ran the OPTIMA Challenge again. This time we were 8.5 seconds faster than the next fastest 5th Gen.

Lingenfelter's Black Pig Camaro was running on brand-x coilovers. We bolted on a set of Pedders Supercars and the car gained 2/10s of a second. We worked for months with LPE and developed a Lingenfelter Drag Coilover system that tested to be 3/10s of a second faster in the 60' than the brand-x coilovers we replaced.

For the last two years, every on track Camaro Pace car you saw on the INDY and NASCAR circuits was on Pedders GMPP parts. I assisted in the installations at the Milford Proving Grounds. Jay Leno's Turbo Camaro, Dale Jr's and many more are all on Pedders. I have a deal with GM. I buy GM cars and GM buys Pedders Parts. At SEMA this year there were 24 cars in the Chevrolet booth. 17 were on Pedders.

GM is a good customer. They owe Pedders nothing because they pay for our product, yet they graciously gave us credit in their press releases and in their SEMA brochures.

Camaro SEMA Brochure http://www.silverbulletpartners.com/...20Brochure.pdf

Cruze SEMA Card http://www.silverbulletpartners.com/...20Brochure.pdf

Sonic SEMA Brochure http://www.silverbulletpartners.com/...20Brochure.pdf

Our test sessions on track have been covered by multiple magazines and verify the performance of our cars. We use highly skilled high profile drivers like Paul Tracy along with less famous but extremely competent suspension engineers that happen to drive race cars. We publish our track data and provide detailed information to the Camaro community so they can use it on their own vehicles.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=pedders+305

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...gen+suspension

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ders+gingerman

Our CTS-V / ZL1 Brake conversion thread is a prime example of how Pedders takes our research and development directly to the C5 Community. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...+brake+Pedders

On our website we detail the how and why of everything we do to make a 5th Gen perform.

http://www.peddersusa.com/products/21

We provide details that are not available from any other manufacturer.

http://www.peddersusa.com/products/21/177

http://www.peddersusa.com/products/21/215

If you clicked through the links and watched the videos you know what the Pedders difference is. How we manufacture and how we engineer is nobody's business. We don't share, we compete because that is what our customers do. We are a premium brand with premium product and premium customer service. Our parts come at a premium price and deliver premium performance that our clients define as value.

We don't talk about it what we might do, would like to do or think we can do. We prove what we can do and post the data. We go to the OPTIMA Challenge with one goal in mind -- do it better and faster than the other suspension companies. If and when they beat us, they can tell you they did and how much better they are. The fact is they haven't come close to us at the Challenge so they should stop talking. The Challenge is a National Televised Event. It isn't parking lots and cones. It is THE place to put up or shut up. Your question shouldn't be what is the difference in how Pedders manufactures, you should be asking brand-x why they can't beat Pedders and where is their data.

If you can find a suspension company that offers the level of detailed technical information Pedders has posted in this forum or on their websites or one that provides greater support to the Camaro community you should buy from them.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #69
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Quote:

Not everyone is blessed to have money coming out of the Wazoo
Have a vendor with access to a shock dyno and the ability to accurately interpret the results put up an invitation to all of the Camaro shock brands/designs to be compared. No shock would be disassembled ofcourse. Just show the performance differences between them in a controlled environment.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #70
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
Perhaps you should brush up on your skills and not take my posts out of context.

The post you are referring to was a question asked in one of MY threads asking about BC Racing. NOTHING was said about Pedders.

I'm not saying anything about the situation. I'm just posting quotes from your thread. This next quote was taken 6 posts down from your Taiwan quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammarrah View Post
haha, just commented in your other BC thread. Funny...these look JUST like the Pedders "supercar" coilovers that is on the forums a lot. PM me a price on these, I'll bet its half the cost of the identical Pedders units.

Not sure if I am sold on BC in general but now that I know they are supplying the same product for a lower price? That makes them A-O-K in my book...

Looking forward to some more reviews.

Closed Thread