Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-26-2008, 12:43 AM   #197
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
My new SS Camaro will be purchased entirely with my own money, earned by working as a service tech at my local dealer. Can you say, discount?!

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:52 AM   #198
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
No I have been there seen that....BTW I have the car on order and a 1000$ deposite on it. And since dodge is so good at producing on time Ill probably get the car in a year. lol jk 3-4 months since they are building the srts last.

I am getting really pissed with chrysler and their lack of producing the cars on time.....
If they take too long I might just cancel my order and get a buick GN I have been eyeing for a long time.
Kevin have you even driven a Challenger yet?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #199
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Drives: Mazda6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
... From my eclipse, I'm upgraded to my 2000 Saturn SL2....
Unless you had a totally beat Eclipse RS, that was not an upgrade. Eclipse GS, GS-T or GSX > SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
... I can't stand rich kids that either A) Don't know how to drive, and/or B) try to flaunt it for attention. This one guy in school was known for trying to get some action because of his 850, which he only drove during the week. He would take his dates out on the weekend in his father's lamboughini...Apprantly he got some chick pregnant at 17 and fell into all sorts of crap from his dad. The one experience that makes me want to believe in karma.
Nope...can't find fault with that.

Every school had a rich douchebag who's parents bought him too much car for his driving ability.

He inevitibly wrecks said car.

The next day you get the news from some underclassman with eyes all shrink wrapped in tears that Biff or Todd or whatever the hell his name is "had an accident while racing a Lamborghini" and that "he's in intensive care"

What really happened is that Biff/Todd/Whatever lost control and hit a stationary object because he was driving like a jerk. One car accident.
Biff/Todd is always relatively unhurt. His girlfriend? Well, she's going to have to learn to walk again, will always have a permanent limp, and can kiss any athletic scholarship she may have had good-bye.

You'll see her again at the 10 year reunion, eyes full of anger and pain but still by her man.
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #200
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Kevin have you even driven a Challenger yet?
Yes I did and it's a hilarious story.

I went to the dealer and asked them if I could test drive the challenger and that I was interested in buying one. Of course he laughed and said we don't allow test drives on this car. I had just seen another guy getting out of one test driving it around. Of course I knew they saw a 21 year old kid and said this guy just wants to drive it. which is primarily what I wanted to do because I wasnt going to buy the 60k dodge challenger that was sitting there. So you know what I did I brought my father in and acted as if he was buying me the car and magically he let me and my father test drive it. I ended up test driving it and I never pushed the pedal too hard but when I pushed it it sunk me in my seat and that is all I needed. Oh and the IRS is great gives it a really comfortable ride. I loved the seats but the shifter knob and the dash were a little plain but that's what aftermarket is for anyway.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #201
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:

I went to the dealer and asked them if I could test drive the challenger and that I was interested in buying one. Of course he laughed and said we don't allow test drives on this car. I had just seen another guy getting out of one test driving it around. Of course I knew they saw a 21 year old kid and said this guy just wants to drive it. which is primarily what I wanted to do because I wasnt going to buy the 60k dodge challenger that was sitting there. So you know what I did I brought my father in and acted as if he was buying me the car and magically he let me and my father test drive it. I ended up test driving it and I never pushed the pedal too hard but when I pushed it it sunk me in my seat and that is all I needed. Oh and the IRS is great gives it a really comfortable ride. I loved the seats but the shifter knob and the dash were a little plain but that's what aftermarket is for anyway.

the trick is to roll up in a really nice ride...

for instance.

i wanted to test drive the new M3, but my Accord wasnt going to cut it.

So i borrowed my gf's father's M5 and whaaaaaamo. test drove my way to unbelivable dissapointment.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM   #202
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
the trick is to roll up in a really nice ride...

for instance.

i wanted to test drive the new M3, but my Accord wasnt going to cut it.

So i borrowed my gf's father's M5 and whaaaaaamo. test drove my way to unbelivable dissapointment.
they ruined the m3
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #203
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
they ruined the m3
+1

but you dont know till you drive.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #204
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

X2 regarding the aftermarket. I've read about the interior and the complaints but people buy these cars for different things and different reasons. When I got my '02 I didn't care about heated seats and such. I didn't care the interior was said to look cheap. I wanted a rocket, and that's what I got. If you don't like a thing or two on your car, like you said, there's an aftermarket, and since I guess many of these parts are carry-overs, that means there are more parts to replace them with out there, so why not? Good for you I say

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote