Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
ksupkt87

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Hot Rod Power Tour

I couldn't make the tour this year but have been watching all the Facebook posts. Looks like there were three or four 5th gen Z/28s. This interesting video was posted earlier today:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=iJg0f-Sz5ww

ksupkt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:04 PM   #2
The_Raging_Bull
Raging Bull Reborn

Drives: '09 CGM Z063LZ '15 RH Z/28 #0631
t_towner who is here on the forum was seeing the Power Tour down in Grand Prairie Tx, in his flat black '15 Z/28 (wrapped with flat Xpel Ultimate; I saw him at theTuesday Cruise in two weeks ago Once I see him again, I'll see if he can post some of the stuff you inevitably get when you get that many muscle cars together.

The cop off-camera sounded hot about the burnout. I'm assuming someone spoke up and cooler heads prevailed. Imagine that -> you get 2000 muscle cars tougher, and someone want s to lay a little rubber...

Toy 1 '15 RH Z/28 w/AC & Radio S/N 0631
Toy 2 '09 CGM Z06 3LZ
My DD: '17 Ford Mustang GT
Her DD: '14 F150 Ecoboost 3.5
The_Raging_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:22 AM   #3
t_towner

Drives: Chevys, Fords a Mopar and Ferrari
2016 Hot Rod Power Tour picture memories w the Z28.

Ksup, I admired your ability to drive that thing like It was meant to be driven. It was a pleasure to meet you. You were #250 w 8k miles IIRC. #966 had 20k miles and I just clicked 4K on the trip over doubling the miles on the car in one week.

We didn't take much video but 2,642.2 miles in 8 days...whew! One minor flat and a curb jumped up and tagged the front chin spoiler (glad Theres already a spare upstairs). Here are a few pics we took. Only saw 3 Z's but heard there was a girl driving a red one that showed up at one of the stops?

It was certainly worth the adventure and the Z is a great power tour car! The wrap made it easy to clean.

There are a ton more pics but I won't bore you any more.

Would love to run this track!

Holy smokes. 3 Z's at same time, same place.

Pic w a random camaro friend at frog capital of the world (who knew...)

Randomness outside of Dallas towards OKC

Great folks helping plug the tire to get around the corner to the Chevrolet dealership.

Chillin w Rutledge from Top Gear. Great guy!

2015 Z28 #995 - Xpel Stealth Wrapped
Also a car hoarder...

t_towner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:02 AM   #4
_aJ_

Drives: 2015 Z28
We did the long haul again this year but I didn't take the Z. The wife and I took our duramax swapped 54 3100. Had a great time and saw some awesome cars. I saw the black Z's a few times but never with the owners around so I could meet you guys. Cars looked great every time I saw them though, lol. This is what we drove.

Our group.
_aJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #5
_aJ_

It happens about the second week in June every year. I heard about 6000 cars participated this year. Official numbers will come out soon I'm sure. It's basically a traveling car show, 7 cities in 7 days. It started in Gonzales, La this year and ended in Kansas City. Next year it will will start in Kansas City and go to a yet to be determined city. Being a car guy this is a must do event, but I warn you...you'll be hooked.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #6
_aJ_

Hot rod magazine puts this event on, so their website will have the information. Registration will open a few months before the event with unlimited spaces so it never fills up. What does fill up early with limited registration is the VIP access which basically gets you better parking at the venues, but not necessary. If you'd like I'll send you a PM when registration opens for next years. Nobody knows where it's going just yet but that doesn't matter, it'll be worth attending regardless.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #7
ksupkt87

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Here is the site:

http://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/

It usually starts next year near where it ended this year, which was Kansas City, KS. I could see a KC Mo start and folks on the Facebook site are guessing it will head northeast to Ohio or Michgan in 2017. As aJ says, no one really knows until December when registration opens.
ksupkt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #8
t_towner

aJ....here's the car I wanted to bring but the drive by wire on the LS2 was still throwing codes so thought the Z would be best and based off the rain I'm glad we chose the Z. I was a nervous wreck in Houston with the Trofeos but they performed much better than expected.

Spent 5 hours this afternoon replacing the front splitter on the Z (1.5 hours) and the rest cleaning underneath from the road trip.

Also a car hoarder...

Old 06-19-2016, 09:52 PM   #9
_aJ_

I saw your Z a couple days in a row, one day it was good, the next it had green tape, the next it had red. Lol. I kinda hung around waiting for you, I walked away and as soon as I got back to my truck you drove be leaving the venue. How hard was it to replace the splitter? I need to replace the one on my car, I have it sitting on the shelf but have been putting it off. Lol.
Good luck on getting the DBW stuff figured out, that's a sweet lookin 55. Next year PT car maybe?
Old 06-19-2016, 11:58 PM   #10
t_towner

I hate that we missed each other. The splitter wasn't too bad but there are a million little bolts and you must unfasten part of the inner wheel liner and reach in to remove two screws on either side. I'll definitely do the trip again and possibly next year depending on where they end up. Towards Detroit then I won't go...any other route and we'll see. The Z was a great PT car. Couldn't hang with all the hellcats/Z06's but it was a contender and unique enough.
Also a car hoarder...

Old 06-21-2016, 06:12 AM   #11
The_Raging_Bull
Raging Bull Reborn

Drives: '09 CGM Z063LZ '15 RH Z/28 #0631
Great looking Satin Xpel finish on the car, I knew you'd pop in. There'll be a couple of Z/28's at the cruise-in tonight if you make it.

Toy 1 '15 RH Z/28 w/AC & Radio S/N 0631
Toy 2 '09 CGM Z06 3LZ
My DD: '17 Ford Mustang GT
Her DD: '14 F150 Ecoboost 3.5
The_Raging_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #12
69L48Z27

Drives: 2015 Z/28; 1969 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_towner View Post
I hate that we missed each other. The splitter wasn't too bad but there are a million little bolts and you must unfasten part of the inner wheel liner and reach in to remove two screws on either side. I'll definitely do the trip again and possibly next year depending on where they end up. Towards Detroit then I won't go...any other route and we'll see. The Z was a great PT car. Couldn't hang with all the hellcats/Z06's but it was a contender and unique enough.
Did I see a picture of your car on the chassis dyno? What did it do?
69L48Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote