Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-09-2018, 12:02 AM   #1
jerseytaylor

Drives: 2015 Z/28. #935
New Z/28 !?

Oh boy. Saw this on the FB group.
Looks like it may possibly be the next Z/28... and damn thats an ugly car lol

jerseytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:45 AM   #2
pat_t

Drives: .
...most believable spy shots I've seen so far that's for sure..
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:03 AM   #3
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Maybe, just can't say because it has CC brakes. Might be a 19' ZL/1.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #4
roost3r
@ElHefeZ28

Drives: 2015 White Z28
Ive said it before and I will say it again... My brother in law works on the team that developed the 2019 Z28 exhaust. Other than saying if the exhaust is any indication of what they want the Z28 to do he wont tell me anything else. Of course I dont blame him since he has a wicked cool job!
Old 01-09-2018, 08:07 AM   #5
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by roost3r View Post
Ive said it before and I will say it again... My brother in law works on the team that developed the 2019 Z28 exhaust. Other than saying if the exhaust is any indication of what they want the Z28 to do he wont tell me anything else. Of course I dont blame him since he has a wicked cool job!
OK, here's the plan. We take him in the middle of the night to a secret place and.........

Sorry my enthusiasm got ahead of my brain.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:07 AM   #6
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
So many people on so many different forums are ramped up over a new Z/28 and it potentially having the LT5. If GM decides to produce a '19 Z/28 and step on the toes of the already more than capable ZL1 1LE, so be it. I don't see the point of producing two track monsters and competing against yourself, but I'm not in charge.
Secondly, if this supposed Z/28 does not stick to its NA engine roots, then it is not a true Z/28. Dropping a blown engine into this (unconfirmed) vehicle, would be blasphemy...IMHO.

I could see this car being an answer to the new GT500. Perhaps a ZL1 1LE/R version (for example), with an LT5 under the hood.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:16 AM   #7
roost3r
@ElHefeZ28

Drives: 2015 White Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin15 View Post
OK, here's the plan. We take him in the middle of the night to a secret place and.........

Sorry my enthusiasm got ahead of my brain.
dont think I havent thought about it LOL! He only told me bc he knows what I have and what I want.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #8
Norris Camaro

Drives: Camaro Z/28
I have insider information. There is NO Z/28 in the works, and from what I hear the Camaro might be history soon because Millennials (or whatever you call the lazy bum kids today) like Hybrids, Prius, uber, etc.

Sadly I think the Camaro and Corvette will one day stop production. My guess is around 2025.
Norris Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:27 PM   #9
jerseytaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Camaro View Post
I have insider information. There is NO Z/28 in the works, and from what I hear the Camaro might be history soon because Millennials (or whatever you call the lazy bum kids today) like Hybrids, Prius, uber, etc.

Sadly I think the Camaro and Corvette will one day stop production. My guess is around 2025.
26 year old "millenial" here lol....loving my z/28
Old 01-09-2018, 10:03 PM   #10
ksupkt87

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Quote:

How confident are you on the information you received? Another poster here has a relative who claims to be working on a Z/28 project. If the 2014/2015 cars are the last of the Z/28’s, it will be interesting to see where demand for them goes.
ksupkt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:04 PM   #11
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:

I'm 27 and have had 2 Camaros, so you can shove that bullshit up your ass.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:29 PM   #12
Norris Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Relax holmes. I was just sayin what I see dude. Young kids today are not into muscle cars. I see it in my own kids and all around the community. My own kid likes Uber and playing on his mobile phone. There's a guy on youtube talking about this deal, you can look it up or google it but here's a few links ......

https://www.fastcompany.com/3027876/...figure-out-why

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/think...with-cars.html

https://brightside.me/inspiration-ps...nymore-238710/

Last edited by Norris Camaro; 01-09-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:42 PM   #13
Norris Camaro

I think today's youth just want a practical-comfortable-spacious-reliable ride and the majority of today's Camaros are none of those things. Seriously where can you use 650 horsepower on today's roads and highways? Closed circuit cameras on every corner watching you, taking images of your plates and the next thing you know, you have a $100 citation in your mailbox 8 mph over the limit or you ran a yellow light lol.

A millennial perspective ....

"From a millennial perspective it’s a generational thing... most of my friends live in large cities so they don’t need a car... and the ones that own houses in the burbs all drive large SUVs... when you ask them are you a car person most say no... it’s not about price... they just don’t care about having that third car that’s a used Vette or Camaro in the garage... everyone wants a boring mundane 4wd SUV... it’s sad. I also think car manufacturers want to make money for shareholders. And a car with bleeding edge technology that will only sell 5000 to 10000 units doesn’t make sense. No car brand wants to waste dollars on a losing proposition. But to me if manufacturers made these halo sports cars it would only increase brand recognition and thus people who buy the lower version would feel like it’s close to the halo car... but alas manufacturers just won’t do it. I’m glad we see the type R and Focus RS... it's a step in the right direction but I think sports cars are toast in 20 years. Everything will be electric and self driving and boring. And people will love them."

Another interesting opinion ....

"Why would I buy a sports car when everybody is trying to punish me for it? The state taxes me, the cops constantly check my speed so I can't drive it fast, there are speed bumps all over the roads, the insurance charges me more, and don't even get me started on the eco-nazis. So I just buy a normal car that's designed to function optimally under those constraints, because if I can't drive it fast on the road, and there aren't any race tracks in the vicinity, what's the point?"

Here it the video I was referring to.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:14 AM   #14
jerseytaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
rational reply right here^. Jesus man- relax lol.