Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #141
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Box Dimensions
78" x 28" x 20" weight <70lbs ( do not have means to weigh but I'd assume its very light as I could carry with ease )

Its rather large which may prevent most shipping services due to volumetric weight. It was skidded but did not need to be.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:31 PM   #142
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by csorrentini View Post
this kit looks badass and just what I'm looking for. I'm curious, I'm also needing to change my headlights because the ballast went bad, will the 6th gen lights work with a 2010 ss/rs package? I heard with the hid harness aftermarket lights were non existant.
I just bought a set of 6th gen style as much as I love rgb I opted out of colour changing because I have no use as I do not show the car. The company said a new ballast is required I asked them to include in my make an offer and they agreed. Its supposed to arrive mid next week at my border address then I'll have to make a trip to pick up. Harness adapter and bulbs included for hid xenon.

My driver side headlight is out too on my rs package halo is ok.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #143
csorrentini

Drives: 2010 Orange 2SS/RS
my halos and lights all work fine it is just SUPER dim and cant really see at night lol. am I mistaken in thinking that is the ballast?
csorrentini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #144
csorrentini

no idea if this helps in any way, hard to take a pic of a light lol
Old 05-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #145
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

I'm hoping mine is just the bulb I get no high or low beam and my fogs are currently intermittent as in daytime since they technically are day time running lights.

Your issue its odd I wonder if it just needs to be focused. Using the adjustment screws.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:28 PM   #146
crowcoll

Drives: Camaro 2014 LS
I love the look of this bumper on the 5th gens. It looks like a great alternative to the 5th gen Zl1 bumper conversion. But I do have a few questions if those that have bought it wouldn't mind answering for me. If I buy that kit from ikon it looks like everyone here that has installed the bumper has some big holes where some lights from the 6th gen should be. Can you purchase after market items to fill those holes? I recently got some fog lights for my LS any chance of getting those to fit on this bumper? I plan to buy the 6th gen headlights before I do this but could I use this bumper with just the standard 2014 LS headlights?
crowcoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:36 PM   #147
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcoll View Post
I love the look of this bumper on the 5th gens. It looks like a great alternative to the 5th gen Zl1 bumper conversion. But I do have a few questions if those that have bought it wouldn't mind answering for me. If I buy that kit from ikon it looks like everyone here that has installed the bumper has some big holes where some lights from the 6th gen should be. Can you purchase after market items to fill those holes? I recently got some fog lights for my LS any chance of getting those to fit on this bumper? I plan to buy the 6th gen headlights before I do this but could I use this bumper with just the standard 2014 LS headlights?

Some of Ikons newer listings include lower drl that fit into 1/3 of the holes. The 2/3rds are empty space.

Our existing fogs would need a fabricated mounting bracket to fit in any of the existing ports or on the grill. Personally I do not feel they fit this bumper in aesthetics The bumper fits over any 5th gen headlight it just a question as to what it cuts off. Its got the slimmer style of the 2014 so Id say it favors 2014.

As for after market parts Im not sure there is anything. I'd like to mount cameras in them

Old 05-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #148
crowcoll

Thanks for answering my questions. Yeah the biggest thing holding me back from this is would be the 2/3 holes in front. Hopefully they will keep updating it and at least fill those holes for the 14/15 bumper versions.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:55 PM   #149
csorrentini

this is to show hoe bad my lights are....

Old 05-17-2019, 09:55 PM   #150
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
I agree the the 14 /15 6gen style headlights git the best and look the best for this conversion bumper..and sadly the stock 5gen 10to 13 RS headlights are shit!! They all turn dim.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:54 PM   #151
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcoll View Post
Thanks for answering my questions. Yeah the biggest thing holding me back from this is would be the 2/3 holes in front. Hopefully they will keep updating it and at least fill those holes for the 14/15 bumper versions.
Im going to use the space or atleast mesh it.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:21 AM   #152
crowcoll

If you do end up doing something with the space plz throw up some pictures for us would love to see it.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:46 AM   #153
csorrentini

Is this the kit?

https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/fits...-black-pp.html
Old 05-18-2019, 01:39 AM   #154
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by csorrentini View Post
No thats for 6th gen.

They did however add it to their website previously only ebay/amazon

Ignore 2014-2015 it will fit all ( the hoodlines will be 2014 )

https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/fits...nt-bumper.html

Last edited by Pagliaro; 05-18-2019 at 02:04 AM.