Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-13-2023, 01:34 PM   #1
jrsride

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
P0122 and P0223

Hi all. New to the forum. I purchased a 2011 V-6 Camaro for the kid. Occasionally it will throw a check engine light which is sometimes accompanied by the stabilitrak going crazy. I have taped and placed a new loom on the wires going to the TB. I also scanned for codes and found P0122 and p0223. Both of these would point to a faulty TPS. My question, is the TPS integrated into the throttle body? Am I way off base?
jrsride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 01:52 PM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
"I have taped and placed a new loom on the wires going to the TB" What does this mean?

Does this have a Pedal Commander plugged in? They can cause issues.

The answer to your basic question is yes, the TPS is integrated into the Throttle Body.

I would get the service manual steps for those codes and read the conditions that set them along with the diagnostic steps.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 02:00 PM   #3
jrsride

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
"I have taped and placed a new loom on the wires going to the TB" What does this mean?

Does this have a Pedal Commander plugged in? They can cause issues.

The answer to your basic question is yes, the TPS is integrated into the Throttle Body.

I would get the service manual steps for those codes and read the conditions that set them along with the diagnostic steps.
I actually got it backwards. I put new wiring loom over the wires and placed electrical tape over that. The old loom basically rotted away.
No pedal commander.
Thanks for the info! I already have the Haynes manual. Been dealing with Mopars for the last 20 years. Working on Chevys is new for me.
Old 03-13-2023, 02:13 PM   #4
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Haynes manuals probably won't have the info that I'm talking about. You can probably pull it from Alldata.com
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 08:21 PM   #5
jrsride

Got it. Thanks.