Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
I wanted to share my experience with IDEALG

I recently changed my clutch in my car to an Exedy twin disc. The instructions from Exedy didn't say that I would need any non-stock hydraulics, and my car never had a 2nd gear grind issue. I did have some heat issues, so I decided to replace everything anyways. I ordered a new stock slave cylinder, a Tick performance clutch line, and I decided to go to a ZL1 pedal for the OEM return spring.

What I did not know, is the ZL1 (and all 2012+ Camaro's) run the master cylinder that the 2010 and 2011 V6 cars run, which moves a little less fluid than the 2010-2011 SS.

I buttoned the install up, bled the clutch, and tried to turn the driveshaft while my friend stepped on the clutch pedal with the transmission in gear. The clutch wouldn't release.

I got in touch with IDEALG, and ordered his master, bolted it in, bled it again, and had a driveable car...but I noted that it really felt like I was overthrowing the clutch, especially since if I pushed the pedal to the floor, and then my helper opened the bleeder, the pedal would move just a bit further.

I talked to Jerry a little more about the issue, and he decided to send me a new unmodified stock 2010 SS master cylinder, which I installed, bled, and found to be great, no 2nd gear grind, no overthrowing the clutch, grab point feels "right".

Jerry sent me a full refund for his original master, which I shipped back to him...I wish he had only sent me the difference in cost for a stocker...so as a result, I just sent him my best guess at that cost (talked to my friend that works at a parts counter) plus some shipping back.

He's a stand up guy, helped me out tremendously. I can't say enough good things about my experience dealing with him.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote