Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
ejocsj
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: California
Posts: 15
2010 Camaro SS vs 2005 Corvette

Hi,
I am new to the forum and I do know I will get biased answers for this but I want to see how many camaro owners switched from corvettes to camaros and have not looked back. I plan to use either as daily drivers when I can, but I would like to see what you guys have to say. I would also want to know if thats a good price for the camaro as well, I feel that kbb does no justice for a car value at times.

2010 Camaro 2SS price: $18,500
-45k miles
-has all service records and receipts
-two owner car (I Would be 3rd owner)
- white exterior/ black interior
-6 speed manual
-bone stock no mods

2005 Corvette 3LT price: $16,000
-109k miles all major services done
-has service records and receipts
-a three owner car (I would be the fourth)
-lemans blue/tan interior
-6 speed manual
-straight pipe exhaust
-grand sport rims

Im located in California around San Jose, so if that would be a determining factor for the price as well. I am curious to see how many people have made the transition between the two. I would also use the car to commute to school most of the time which is a 30 mile round trip. Thanks in advance!
ejocsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #2
naikaidriver
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejocsj View Post
Hi,
I am new to the forum and I do know I will get biased answers for this but I want to see how many camaro owners switched from corvettes to camaros and have not looked back. I plan to use either as daily drivers when I can, but I would like to see what you guys have to say. I would also want to know if thats a good price for the camaro as well, I feel that kbb does no justice for a car value at times.

2010 Camaro 2SS price: $18,500
-45k miles
-has all service records and receipts
-two owner car (I Would be 3rd owner)
- white exterior/ black interior
-6 speed manual
-bone stock no mods

2005 Corvette 3LT price: $16,000
-109k miles all major services done
-has service records and receipts
-a three owner car (I would be the fourth)
-lemans blue/tan interior
-6 speed manual
-straight pipe exhaust
-grand sport rims

Im located in California around San Jose, so if that would be a determining factor for the price as well. I am curious to see how many people have made the transition between the two. I would also use the car to commute to school most of the time which is a 30 mile round trip. Thanks in advance!
The Camaro has 45k miles, is less than 10 years old and is unmolested (stock).

The vette is 11 years old, has over 100K miles and is modified.

Your choice is clear.

Scott
__________________
"The Beast" 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
myold88


 
myold88's Avatar
 
Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 2018: Lakewood Ranch, Fl.
Posts: 7,869
Personal preference. I wouldn't want the older Vette with high mileage. But the Camaro
price is top retail for a std transmission and I assume no options and non sunroof car.
__________________
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
JLSuperfly


 
JLSuperfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,214
I would go for the Camaro.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
arkentect

 
arkentect's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,633
This is coming from someone who just bought a Vette. I wouldn't buy a 2005 Vette with 100k miles on it. In this situation your better choice is the Camaro
__________________
Arkentect's Build Thread!! - UPSTATE C5 MEMBER
2010 SGM M6 1LT - SOLD
Current - 2009 C6 Corvette Z51
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:27 PM   #6
suzbndt
 
suzbndt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Huntington WV
Posts: 295
Camaro period the tan interior vettes are ugly too

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
suzbndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #7
14Black1LESS
 
14Black1LESS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hurricane Alley
Posts: 635
I would normally say get the Corvette but not in this case. If the C6 had Z51 on it I would lean more towards it but since the Camaro has only 45k miles on it, I would choose it. And I agree with the above, tan interior is ugly on any car IMO.
__________________
14Black1LESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #8
splashlog48
 
splashlog48's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: CleveBurbs Ohio
Posts: 674
Great price on the Vette !!
When it all comes down to it, In a couple years the Vette'll be worth more than the Camaro--And easier to sell too !!!
__________________
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #9
ejocsj
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: California
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Personal preference. I wouldn't want the older Vette with high mileage. But the Camaro
price is top retail for a std transmission and I assume no options and non sunroof car.
the camaro is the fully loaded one with sunroof and gauges and all that fancy things added to it
ejocsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #10
gpskinzhut

 
gpskinzhut's Avatar
 
Drives: 87 IROC-Z, 2017 2SS, 2014 2LT vert
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,482
Personally 110k on the Vette would steer me clear of it.
__________________

2017 2SS M6: Stock
2014 2LT Convertible: Stock
1987 IROC-Z: (SOLD) :-(
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #11
ejocsj
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: California
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Great price on the Vette !!
When it all comes down to it, In a couple years the Vette'll be worth more than the Camaro--And easier to sell too !!!
even with the amount of miles?
ejocsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:55 PM   #12
14Black1LESS
 
14Black1LESS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hurricane Alley
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Great price on the Vette !!
When it all comes down to it, In a couple years the Vette'll be worth more than the Camaro--And easier to sell too !!!
The C6 will not necessarily be easier to sell. This one already has over 100k miles on it and there are a ton of C6's out there with a lot less miles on them.
__________________
14Black1LESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #13
Detroit Muscle
 
Detroit Muscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 660
LS3 over LS2
__________________

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #14
JLSuperfly


 
JLSuperfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,214
OP, do you go to San Jose State by any chance?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.