Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #71
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Knife_Shamylan View Post
We simply cannot continue using fossil fuels in this country or even the world at the rate we are now. The population simply will not allow it.
What's the population going to do? Rise up and invade us?

Why don't we just let nature run its course and in a few hundred years when the price of alternatives is lower than the price it takes to reach the supplies of oil, then the transition will take place painlessly and naturally.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #72
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Several of our fellow members who seem to have connections to GM have stated quite bluntly on this site that the 6th gen will offer a 4-cylinder.

Nobody ever calls them liars when they say things about future GM products, so I assume that they are speaking the truth.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is headed.

They know full well how large the market is, but they simply cannot allow the market to dictate what people buy, because they answer to a higher power. I cannot discuss this further without violating forum rules. Just take it as fact. Please do not ask me to elaborate.

Speaking of violations, personal attacks and insults are not allowed.
Just like the engineers who told another member that you just had to have your BCM flashed for the light tubes in your doors and dash to be turned on? There's a lot of misinformation within the confines of such a big company as GM. I've learned that much in the 3 months I've been here. A lot of rumors, a lot of unfounded information, and most of what the "general public" within GM learns is what's distributed through the same media channels that the outside public reads -- meaning they learn it at the same time.

PS - Telling someone they're lost is not a personal attack or insult, grow some skin.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #73
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Just like the engineers who told another member that you just had to have your BCM flashed for the light tubes in your doors and dash to be turned on? There's a lot of misinformation within the confines of such a big company as GM. I've learned that much in the 3 months I've been here. A lot of rumors, a lot of unfounded information, and most of what the "general public" within GM learns is what's distributed through the same media channels that the outside public reads -- meaning they learn it at the same time.
I think that engineer was just messing with someone when he told him that about the BCM. That was just a joke and was not serious. The engine information comes with a little more seriousness and is more believable when you consider the platform the 6th generation will share is designed to be used with 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines. Like I said before, the guy seems to be trusted as accurate.

Quote:
PS - Telling someone they're lost is not a personal attack or insult, grow some skin.
It fits the textbook definition for "argumentum ad hominem" perfectly.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 AM   #74
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
What is with all the TTv6 guys hating on V8's? Why does it have to be about my penis? You can twin turbo a V8 too can't ya? Is the TTv6 putting out more power than a TTV8? How about a supercharged V8? Once we are into FI all bets are off anyway. Keep the V8-- Nobody wants an Iron Duke SS.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #75
revychevy

As for gas mileage, if you want a prius-- drive one. Don't turn a Camaro into one. Besides Fbodfather said keep the faith, and I know in my heart in the church of Camaro there will always be a V8. Amen. Let us now pray for a Z28...with an LS7...
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #76
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogster View Post
There will be a V8 still, no way they get rid of it. It will be interesting what the model designation is of a twin turbo V6 Camaro though. Surely they won't use Z/28 or SS.
Eventually, the limited edition ZL1 will be the only V8 model, and it will cost as much or more than a Corvette.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #77
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHasCamaro View Post
there won't be $6/gal gas in today's dollars for the foreseeable future. Already the price is high enough that oil sands and shale oil is feasible, and there is a shit-ton of that everywhere. It shouldn't go much higher than it is right now.
Oil and everything else can keep their current value and still gas can cost $6.00 a gallon. Inflation.

Ever heard of the Weimar Republic?

In 1919, one loaf of bread cost 1 mark; by 1923 the same loaf of bread cost 100billion marks.

History repeats itself!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #78
revychevy

Boy Captain Awesome, you're cheerful. I think I'll go hang myself now...
The SS, the ZL1 and any Z28 chevy makes will always be a V8.

If they make this car a hybrid inline 4, I will buy a Mustang, because Camaro will be dead to me.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:52 AM   #79
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
Gas at $6/gallon & you'll see V8s.. in the garage.

Nah, mine will still be out, all I own are LS family vehicles, 5.3 Tahoe, 6.2 Vette, 6.2 Camaro. If it ever got high enough, I would just cut back on food and such....Lol...
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:27 AM   #80
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
Boy Captain Awesome, you're cheerful. I think I'll go hang myself now...
The SS, the ZL1 and any Z28 chevy makes will always be a V8.

If they make this car a hybrid inline 4, I will buy a Mustang, because Camaro will be dead to me.
I don't think Paul Revere was riding around trying to cheer people up OR cause them to hang themselves. He was alerting them to a threat that was to be beaten back and driven from our shores. (Hint hint)
Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #81
Mint

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Why don't they keep the camaro how it is and put a TTV6 into a different car. It would be perfect in a cobalt.
Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #82
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
There is a small chance we may see a TTV6 in the next Camaro, but I think the most likely places it will pop up are in the Caddy XTS and also a performance version of the Impala.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #83
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
chevy makes will always be a V8.

If GM can't continue to put V8s in Camaros due to regulations, Ford won't be able to put V8s in the Mustangs either.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #84
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I don't think Paul Revere was riding around trying to cheer people up OR cause them to hang themselves. He was alerting them to a threat that was to be beaten back and driven from our shores. (Hint hint)
And chicken little ran around telling people the sky was falling when an acorn hit his head.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote