Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-15-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
tonyG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
DSS or G-Force ?

Looking to get some axles and a drive shaft. On the fence between these two companies. Im pretty set on the DSS level 4 axles but id like some opinions on the driveshaft. I seen in a thread where someone mentioned a speed rating for the drive shafts. G-Force 160mph and DSS 150mph but I called DSS and they said no speed rating for the Camaro shaft. Any thoughts?
tonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have both D/Ss on different cars and both been past 140 and hard launches with no issues. The Camaro is a manual with a DSS D/S and the Challenger is a automatic with a G-Force D/S and axles (not sure which ones). Now the passenger axle on the Challenger ripped a inner CV boot at NCM and G Force has a lifetime warranty, Casey told me to pull the axle and send it in and they would fix an regress's an inspect it all. DDS has great customer service has well I asked for some instructions an stickers and they sent me both an the stickers were huge!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #3
tonyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
I have both D/Ss on different cars and both been past 140 and hard launches with no issues. The Camaro is a manual with a DSS D/S and the Challenger is a automatic with a G-Force D/S and axles (not sure which ones). Now the passenger axle on the Challenger ripped a inner CV boot at NCM and G Force has a lifetime warranty, Casey told me to pull the axle and send it in and they would fix an regress's an inspect it all. DDS has great customer service has well I asked for some instructions an stickers and they sent me both an the stickers were huge!!!

G-Force's lifetime warranty is what has me leaning towards them. Glad to hear both companies have great customer service and support! any problems with your DSS set up on your Camaro ? Vibrations or noise etc.?
Old 06-15-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
olblue75

All I have on the Camaro is the DS I'm running stock 1LE axles. I have no issues with the drive shaft it took me a little bit to install it due to my lack of experience with them. It does make the car feel more connected and the acceleration more crisp! An the customer service was great even though I bought the drive shaft 2nd hand.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:33 AM   #5
Synner

Drives: cars
When you read through old threads the only people who have vibration issues were with DSS shafts. That's why I went G Force. Theirs is also a couple pounds lighter but not much.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:43 PM   #6
tonyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
When you read through old threads the only people who have vibration issues were with DSS shafts. That's why I went G Force. Theirs is also a couple pounds lighter but not much.
I've also read the same but have also seen an update mentioned on the DSS axles that apparently resolved issues people have had with DSS.

How are you liking your G force axles ? Are you running just axles or the drive shaft as well?

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the DSS drive shaft now I'm just needing some persuasion on the axles.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:48 PM   #7
tonyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
All I have on the Camaro is the DS I'm running stock 1LE axles. I have no issues with the drive shaft it took me a little bit to install it due to my lack of experience with them. It does make the car feel more connected and the acceleration more crisp! An the customer service was great even though I bought the drive shaft 2nd hand.

I never considered 1LE axles... obviously they're not gonna hold aftermarket axle power but I'm wondering if they have a HP rating or anything like that. How do you feel about your set up with the 1LE axles? Does you car get any track/strip time.

I plan to have a car that can handle auto x and road course tracks but also handle some passes down the strip without worry
Old 06-16-2017, 08:56 PM   #8
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyG View Post
I've also read the same but have also seen an update mentioned on the DSS axles that apparently resolved issues people have had with DSS.

How are you liking your G force axles ? Are you running just axles or the drive shaft as well?

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the DSS drive shaft now I'm just needing some persuasion on the axles.
I only have the Gforce aluminum driveshaft. I road race so the axles are excess rotational mass and I don't ever launch hard. When I wear out the shafts from heat they'll get replaced with Z/28 units.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #9
Farm

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I am running DSS axles and carbon fiber driveshaft. Smooth as butter. Install was easy.
Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #10
tonyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm View Post
I am running DSS axles and carbon fiber driveshaft. Smooth as butter. Install was easy.
I've heard nothing but good things about the CF DSS shaft!
Old 06-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #11
1leron

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Looking to get some axles and a drive shaft. On the fence between these two companies. Im pretty set on the DSS level 4 axles but id like some opinions on the driveshaft. I seen in a thread where someone mentioned a speed rating for the drive shafts. G-Force 160mph and DSS 150mph but I called DSS and they said no speed rating for the Camaro shaft. Any thoughts?
I went with G-force axles and driveshaft. Customer service was great, guys were real easy to work with. I went with the Strange rear but I drag race instead of road race.
1leron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #12
olblue75

1LE Axles.

Quote:
I never considered 1LE axles... obviously they're not gonna hold aftermarket axle power but I'm wondering if they have a HP rating or anything like that. How do you feel about your set up with the 1LE axles? Does you car get any track/strip time.

I plan to have a car that can handle auto x and road course tracks but also handle some passes down the strip without worry
I haven't tracked it yet but I drive it pretty hard and they are holding up well, I don't have a lot of mods just see my signature. I would say conservatively 390-400 to the wheels I could be way off too.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:26 AM   #13
Js2fst
2010 transformer

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
I am going g force ordered them today after 1000 miles 7 or 8 halfshafts and one driveshaft 2-3 shift 1400 hp (lol) at 140 mph and the coupler fails and you go 10-12 feet over in next lane and the owner has more excuses why they are late? Why they failed. You didn't buy them here the fed ex label is fake the receipt is fake. And doesn't stand behind them. The stock parts are stronger.
2010 transformer, vertical doors, 315nt05 rears, pedders supercar coilovers, hotchkis sway bars, links, adjustable, toe bars, bmr poly cradle bushings, 1le control arms, bmr tunnel brace, bmr subframe connectors. Cam 227/239-623-620@114 Mast medium bore heads, sw 1 7/8 headers, cat delete, x pipe, 3" dynomax true duals, fuel rails, fast 102 intake and NW 102 throttle body, catch can, rotofab cai, shifter, raptor custom shift light. Dss drive shaft, 3.91 gears. 492 rwhp
Js2fst is offline   Reply With Quote