Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #5517
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
He probably made the mistake of going into the general discussion area and never made it back out alive...

I went in once but had to take a week off just to recuperate
Well, I've made my monthy foray into general discussion.

Time to take some time off to recover from the stupidity in there. I swear, GM employees can't even pick their noses without Camaro owners *****ing about it.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #5518
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Sorry about the delay. Yes I meant Quality Assurance issues. She has had it in for so many things I would have to look at the receipts to make sure i listed everything, but I will give a short list.

1 The carpet had to be re-adjusted on delivery. Messed up humps all over, right from factory. This was a day 1 problem. Literally when it came off the trailer.

2 Door weather seal trim coming off of the rear windows, they had to replace the actual glass and stuff because it all comes as a unit?

3 The rear sliding sunshade sliced her rear defrost lines on the back window, making the defrost inoperable. A pretty big deal in Canadian winters (which is when it happened, of course.) so new rear window. The dealer isn't sure it won't happen again, so she doesn't use the sunshade.

4 2 rattling speakers, also replaced the radio computer because something was wrong in it that made all the speakers pop. Now the dash rattles in the radio area.

5 Steering wheel tilt/tele is VERY difficult to lock/unlock.

6 One tire grew a huge blister on it, granted that is more a tire manufacturer thing, but still one more trip to the dealer.

7 The fan had to be replaced, it was squeaking and rattling.

8 And just in general, a very squeaky/rattling car. My Camaro is honestly quieter in terms of squeaks and such. And it's not like this is a 100K mile a year car, she has something like 35000 KMs on it, which I think is around 20,000 miles? All in all she is just very dissapointed with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #5519
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I am dorry to read about your issues. I do a lot of Pedders work at Witt Buick in Muskegon Michigan. That means I sspend a lot of time around new Buicks and thee GM Techs that work on them. They rave about the new Buicks as do the customers I meet. Not that any of this corrects a single inssue you are having.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #5520
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
To everyone here and especially Shno and the others in service to our country -- HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #5521
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Sorry about the delay. Yes I meant Quality Assurance issues. She has had it in for so many things I would have to look at the receipts to make sure i listed everything, but I will give a short list.

1 The carpet had to be re-adjusted on delivery. Messed up humps all over, right from factory. This was a day 1 problem. Literally when it came off the trailer.

2 Door weather seal trim coming off of the rear windows, they had to replace the actual glass and stuff because it all comes as a unit?

3 The rear sliding sunshade sliced her rear defrost lines on the back window, making the defrost inoperable. A pretty big deal in Canadian winters (which is when it happened, of course.) so new rear window. The dealer isn't sure it won't happen again, so she doesn't use the sunshade.

4 2 rattling speakers, also replaced the radio computer because something was wrong in it that made all the speakers pop. Now the dash rattles in the radio area.

6 One tire grew a huge blister on it, granted that is more a tire manufacturer thing, but still one more trip to the dealer.

8 And just in general, a very squeaky/rattling car. My Camaro is honestly quieter in terms of squeaks and such. And it's not like this is a 100K mile a year car, she has something like 35000 KMs on it, which I think is around 20,000 miles? All in all she is just very dissapointed with the car.
Sounds like you got a lemon. And honestly, a BMW isn't going to be much better, especially in terms of maintenance costs.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #5522
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

A lot more than should be tolerated from any customer. Hopefully it won't sway her from GM products in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
To everyone here and especially Shno and the others in service to our country -- HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #5523
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Hope everyone had or is having a great 4th!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #5524
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
:flag2:
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #5525
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Yessssir. Sitting here in the 'puter room listening to the fireworks.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #5526
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Eventful night had by all... Kids are asleep, the wife is doing homework and I'm here...

Happy 4th!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #5527
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Decided to stay home and not deal with the crowds tonight.... Plus the fireworks dont start until around 1030'ish around here..... And 430 comes waaaaaay to early as it is

I have to say I do miss being in Michigan with the family and launching fireworks in the back yard!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #5528
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
We celebrated out 4th with my son's first real participation. He was still scared (4 years old), but it was cool to see him interested. He did like those little poppers that you throw on the ground to get to pop.

HAPPY BELATED 4th EVERYONE!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #5529
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
A lot more than should be tolerated from any customer. Hopefully it won't sway her from GM products in the future.
:
Well thanks for the kind words, but she is pretty dissapointed. Maybe if they can get everything ironed out she can fall in love with the car. If it worked as good as it looked, I would buy one!

Oh and I was wrong, I guess it has about 15,000 kms which is a bit less than 10,000 miles.

Oh and Happy Late America Day to my Americanian friends to the south!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #5530
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Well thanks for the kind words, but she is pretty dissapointed. Maybe if they can get everything ironed out she can fall in love with the car. If it worked as good as it looked, I would buy one!

Oh and I was wrong, I guess it has about 15,000 kms which is a bit less than 10,000 miles.

Oh and Happy Late America Day to my Americanian friends to the south!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014