Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #12937
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
So...I was off on a "field trip" the 2nd 1/2 of last week, in the wilds of Western Ontario prospecting for business associates for an upcoming Business Venture (details to follow, soon), when what to my wonderous eyes should appear but these delightful gen-you-wine C7 seats!! (sorry for pic quality, the phone was new to the snapper!)

Honest to Pete, Pete!

No, they aren't "hot". Yes, there's a receipt. Yes, there's obviously a "story". Yes, they're Brand New C7 seats...in fact, never installed...and never even sat on!! No, I don't think Local Chevrolet has a Part#...but we have the seats...

Tadge, can you get me the REST of the parts? Soon? Thanks in advance...
More info please.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #12938
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
So my 1LE is at the dealer and i will be picking it up tonight.

More pic's to come.
Very cool!

As usual in the house.... Full unbiased review is required.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #12939
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
So...I was off on a "field trip" the 2nd 1/2 of last week, in the wilds of Western Ontario prospecting for business associates for an upcoming Business Venture (details to follow, soon), when what to my wonderous eyes should appear but these delightful gen-you-wine C7 seats!! (sorry for pic quality, the phone was new to the snapper!)

Honest to Pete, Pete!

No, they aren't "hot". Yes, there's a receipt. Yes, there's obviously a "story". Yes, they're Brand New C7 seats...in fact, never installed...and never even sat on!! No, I don't think Local Chevrolet has a Part#...but we have the seats...

Stealing a C7 in pieces are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
So my 1LE is at the dealer and i will be picking it up tonight.

More pic's to come.
Is it tonight yet?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #12940
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Nice! Looks like a last minute order (color & 2013).
Old 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #12941
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
More info please.
GM builds CTF cars...including C7 Corvettes. Sometimes they order more parts than they require to build completed cars. And those parts, until vaidated for production, are "prototype" parts. And prototype parts are of little value without a GM Part #, and are seldom repurposed...

GM sells off "surplus" parts, in bulk...all kinds of parts, combined into one LARGE package...dropped engines, scratched 'n dented pieces/parts, miss-machined, etc...and "approved vendors" are allowed to bid...on a ROOMFUL of "stuff". High bid gets it ALL...whether you want ALL of it, or just some of it.

The "trick" as an "approved vendor" is to know where to place what you don't want, from that "successfully-bid surplus"...and out of a roomful of "stuff" were two C7 seats, that found their way to Waterloo, for future fitment in a Pro Tour '55 Nomad, now under construction by my pal, Bob Hilton...

So if you see this car at Cobo Hall, or a Good Guys Show, or the Optima Challenge, you can say to your friends, "I KNOW where those seats came from!"

OR...

Did you want more info on the Business Venture?!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #12942
ShnOmac

Quote:
GM builds CTF cars...including C7 Corvettes. Sometimes they order more parts than they require to build completed cars. And those parts, until vaidated for production, are "prototype" parts. And prototype parts are of little value without a GM Part #, and are seldom repurposed...

GM sells off "surplus" parts, in bulk...all kinds of parts, combined into one LARGE package...dropped engines, scratched 'n dented pieces/parts, miss-machined, etc...and "approved vendors" are allowed to bid...on a ROOMFUL of "stuff". High bid gets it ALL...whether you want ALL of it, or just some of it.

The "trick" as an "approved vendor" is to know where to place what you don't want, from that "successfully-bid surplus"...and out of a roomful of "stuff" were two C7 seats, that found their way to Waterloo, for future fitment in a Pro Tour '55 Nomad, now under construction by my pal, Bob Hilton...

So if you see this car at Cobo Hall, or a Good Guys Show, or the Optima Challenge, you can say to your friends, "I KNOW where those seats came from!"

OR...

Did you want more info on the Business Venture?!
Both...
Old 05-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #12943
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Stealing a C7 in pieces are you?
Someone better check those Bowling Green-exiting lunch boxes...
Old 05-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #12944
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Both...
NOW you're getting "demanding"...

All in due course, my friend(s)...

Old 05-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #12945
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Mac, did you look at the weblink to Bob's "Toe Truk" '48 Ford? The engine block that sits on the deck was a DROPPED LS7 block, with a crunched corner, bought the same way...

http://lowdownhotrods.smugmug.com/Wh...7882&k=ZPQprmw (page 7)

...and another LS7 under the hood...with a 6L90E 6-speed Automatic...which isn't a factory-available combo...

BTW, LOWDOWN HOT RODS is not me/mine. I had the name long before they opened...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 05-23-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #12946
ShnOmac

Quote:
Mac, did you look at the weblink to Bob's "Toe Truk" '48 Ford? The engine block that sits on the deck was a DROPPED LS7 block, with a crunched corner, bought the same way...

http://lowdownhotrods.smugmug.com/Wh...7882&k=ZPQprmw (page 7)

...and another LS7 under the hood...with a 6L90E 6-speed Automatic...which isn't a factory-available combo...

BTW, LOWDOWN HOT RODS is not me/mine. I had the name long before they opened...
That's a heck of a build! I like.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #12947
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

We drove that to Woodward Dream Cruise, last August. Coke cooler 'n all. Fast...'n flawless...

...although he was tempted to do the Red grain truck as a rat rod...with LS7 power!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #12948
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:

Honest to Pete, Pete!

Those are not C7 seats. Opel OPC insignia seats.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #12949
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Z/28

The harness pass throughs are different in all three.

Last edited by JusticePete; 05-23-2013 at 10:20 PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #12950
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....Woodward, Schmwoodward....tradition....coolness. <jealous in Jersey>

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014