Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-14-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
JamesJ
Garnet Red and Black plz

Drives: 69 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to JamesJ
Emblems

Been a real long time since I popped in here. Started getting the bug again. So here I am. Question I have been pondering. Has anyone gone full on nostalgia with 2010-2013s, or even 2014, and took all of the emblems off, given the car a complete 1969 style treatment? Be interested to see some photos. I plan on buying a Red metallic '10-'14 and trying to make it look like a newer version of my 1969.

Last edited by JamesJ; 09-14-2018 at 09:05 PM.
JamesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:36 PM   #2
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
I removed all the stock emblems and replaced them except the CAMARO on the fenders. Replaced the front and rear bowties with retro style SS emblems and rear panel black decal from SLP. (Don't think they still offer them but I'm sure you can find them in other places) Added the side flags from thirdshiftstudios. I guess mine is more of a 67 style with the flags under the block Camaro letters. I think once they went with cursive script on the fenders they had SS below it.
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Complete retro? None of you are trying hard enough.
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
I don't know if that is photoshopped or not, but I have seen that conversion in person on a white/ IOM stripe 5th gen. It's not for everybody, but I dug it.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:25 AM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT

Shows the sparks retro badge in front I eventually stripped with paint remover to plain shiny aluminum billet, the mocking up of retro stripes once, heck I had many vinyl changes from rocker stripes and hood spears; to colors matte and gloss black, red, gold, pinstriped etc.... over time LOL and the chromed gill area trim with 1/2 width gill stripes I made myself....heritage grill.

Rocket racing wheels, badged original Camaro twin flags with posts ground off and double sided tape to ad to the stainless scripts.

American Car craft gradient flames rally stripes, one phase of using a scanner up front until return to stock as all the mailslot crap is just that IMO after 3 different.....not good at handling any weather ….. and some R/S light covers I use in the summer.

NRT aluminum louvers, zl1 spoiler, Sparks rear emblem.
There do exist the conversions for the front end to have the 60's look out there and then there is the Trans AM kits also both usually prohibitively expensive or tasteful but ….MEH..... there are also fake "Ice cube trays" for the hood, fake..plastic chrome bumpers, etc etc Me I went with what I felt was tasteful for me and reasonable though the wheels were $$$$ and I hate chrome pitting which happened in a year...wished they had lacquered aluminum.... should have went just powder coated. And yes that reflection in the fender by the script two pics up...…..that's me I am 2' tall and a fat little troll from the middle of the earth...LOL just kidding have to have a sense of humor....

Racing flame hat, yellow high visibility lens sunglasses, Hawaiian shirt, ROFL.... waiting longingly for beer with step daughter and wife at out door café....gave up on wait for burgers...left, Silvertown...Silverton Oregon home of Joe Dirt...LOL See in the old days they had damn tree in the middle of the road...SOB.....lol imagine that....quick swerve right Cleatus…...

Last edited by christianchevell; 09-15-2018 at 09:51 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #6
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
I am working in a direction with similarities to C C's Camaro above.
https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...10-hhc1-0a.htm
If you like the 1969RS hideaway headlights these are tasteful add ons with the Heritage grill. I also have additional chrome like the 1969 with stick on window trim and Chevy Cruz painted and chrome door handles which fit our car as well.
I'm going to switch to the 5 spoke chrome wheels as above soon also.
Some things to try to imitate more exactly a 1969 I don't think look right. For example trying to put on a 15" ralley wheel which don't clear the brakes too.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #7
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Damn Christian, you like like a cool, easy going guy..with a great taste in cars, btw.

With all the members that give you such a hard time with your fantastic grammar (I have no room to talk) and 1000 word sentences without punctuation, I feel kinda bad now!

You ruined a good thing! haha. Just messing with you man! Keep being you brother!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:22 PM   #8
JamesJ
Garnet Red and Black plz

Thinking of going with a 2013 2SS. I want the center console gauges, but also the MyLink radio. Looks like a may have to try and use some of the repro emblems from 1969 to achieve the look I am after.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:02 PM   #9
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJ View Post
Thinking of going with a 2013 2SS. I want the center console gauges, but also the MyLink radio. Looks like a may have to try and use some of the repro emblems from 1969 to achieve the look I am after.
I got some of them as my preference. The side script is also sold without the long tabs on the back and with precut 3m adhesive tape for easy install.
The rear and front have different angles than the grill and rear valence so fitment can be a challenge unless you get them as 2010+ versions that look like the older ones. I just got some stick on chrome lips for the center console gauge pack as the old school gauges typically had that.
I'm up to about $6000 in mods, it sure sneaks up on you I don't regret any of them.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:30 AM   #10
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Yup emblems are out there lots of vendors and then there is always EBAY for anything...LOL As always taste is subjective.....and to go retro well there are lines to think about crossing most don't but enjoy seeing when someone else has because it confirms their choice not to go there....LOL
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...+pic&FORM=IGRE how about this look...……..ROFL Yes for the newer members they may want to go there just to look in horror and laugh those who have not seen the ultimate in fifth gen bastardization...…….
Old 09-16-2018, 08:42 AM   #11
JamesJ
Garnet Red and Black plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Yup emblems are out there lots of vendors and then there is always EBAY for anything...LOL As always taste is subjective.....and to go retro well there are lines to think about crossing most don't but enjoy seeing when someone else has because it confirms their choice not to go there....LOL
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...+pic&FORM=IGRE how about this look...……..ROFL Yes for the newer members they may want to go there just to look in horror and laugh those who have not seen the ultimate in fifth gen bastardization...…….
Obviously keep it tasteful. But the overall lines of the car match up really well with the 69 so its doable.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:11 PM   #12
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
The wheels...the colors...the horror!!!
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #13
2nd SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Was going for this 69 RS look. Kinda got close.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2018, 11:47 AM   #14
1911 1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 2SS 1LE
I think you nailed it. Is that the Biltmore in the background? BTW, bad ass pic.
Maggie 2650 @ 18psi/ 75mm 10 rib/ Dual alky nozzles/ Roto-fab/ ARH 2" Lt's/ GT-12 cam/ ZL1 3.23 Conv./MGW/RPS triple carbon clutch/RSG tranny upgrage/Pedders Ex. XA w/ remote cans and a lot of other crap 897/8??@tires
1911 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote