Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-07-2020, 10:58 AM   #15
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Still waiting to hear positive or negative opinion on the Quick Jack. I threw this out on the "jack stand" thread also. Kinda pricey but might make life easier.
ariZona28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:12 AM   #16
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
i made my own ramps from wood..had them years and they work awesome..only take an hour to make.
This. Stacked 2x6's. Call 'em, Red Neck Ramps. Lets you clear the low, front fascia.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #17
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
If your car is low so you can't get the jack under the splitter. Just cut your self 2 pieces of wood 1/2 inch thick by 12 inches wide by 15 in length. Then just drive up on them your jack should slide under easy.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #18
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
Thanks, I may have a look at it. My brother has a low profile, but it would be nice to have one of my own for whenever I need it.
I bought my lowprofile jack at Harbor Freight.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #19
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Still waiting to hear positive or negative opinion on the Quick Jack. I threw this out on the "jack stand" thread also. Kinda pricey but might make life easier.
Buy one and you'll never look back....fact
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:30 PM   #20
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
More pictures of the car please!
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #21
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
I am trying to decide between Quick Jack and Kwik-Lift. Lots to read online. So far I am leaning toward Kwik-Lift.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #22
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
More pictures of the car please!

Not my car, just a picture I found online. I do have the same tire stands. Easy to make out of 2x4s and some wood screws.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:30 PM   #23
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
yep awesome way to do it..
people say oh wood cant hold that and it's dangerous ect ect.
wrong we build houses here entirely from wood and the roofs can hold many tons of snow. the weight of a car on those kinda stands is nothing.

And it is much more stable than jack stands and they are out of the way while working under the car.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #24
Ajax2112

Drives: ZL1
What about buying a Quickjack setup. I know they have a couple of remanufactured units on their site at a substantial discount. I recently bought a setup and wish I had gotten it sooner.
Ajax2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:34 PM   #25
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I am trying to decide between Quick Jack and Kwik-Lift. Lots to read online. So far I am leaning toward Kwik-Lift.
Quick Jacks are very portable compared to the Kwik-lift system. You could easily put these in a enclosed trailer or the in the back of a truck and take to a track to use or wherever. The only negative that I've seen so far is yes, the sides are blocked off. So if you need to get under the vehicle, you either go in under the front or rear unless you use jack stands...more on that later. Kwik-lift on the other hand is open from all sides. But you still have to jack the car up once on the lift if need be. And it's definitely not a setup that you can just throw in a trailer or in the back of your truck easily.

Between these 2 systems, it comes down to what your primary use will be. For basic maintenance, tire rotation, brakes etc, I'd go with the Quick Jack. If your doing more involved work ie. engines or transmissions etc, then maybe go with the Kwik-lift set-up. With that said, I am able to lift my car with my Quick Jack, then place jack stands under the the car. I can then lower the car onto the stands and then remove the Quick Jack system completely and essentially have the same end result as a Kwik-Lift.

I've had mine for a little over a year now and absolutely love it. I should've bought this years ago. I store the lifts along the wall when not in use. The pump assembly sets on one of my shelves in front and never moves. So all I have to do is set the lifts, run the 2 lines and lift. These are so much safer and faster to lift my cars and truck off the ground opposed to using a jack and stands. It's very well built portable setup imo.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:13 PM   #26
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benman View Post
Attachment 1015630

I use this, which I got at harbor freight. I start by raising the rear of the car and placing jack stands (tires are about 2 inches off the ground) under the points shown in the above post. Then I move to the front and raise it as high as my jack will take it and put jack stands under the frame at the cross member shown in above post. I made some cribbing out of 2 x 4's to go under my jack stands to be able to raise the car to a point that I can have 2 FT. of clearance between the floor and the bottom of my frame rails. I alternate between raising the front and rear until I have the car as high as I need it.
Totally forgot I have one of these in the shop since I haven't used it in a couple of years. Thanks for the reminder
Old 01-07-2020, 08:30 PM   #27
Black 6.2L SS

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, LS3, NPP
These pinch weld lift pads make things much easier as well.
They provide 4 easy to access lift points and save your pinch welds.
Dewhel and Phastek sell them. $45 - $85 depending on brand.

Skip to 6:00 to get right to it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y0iA7FNxGbg
Black 6.2L SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:42 AM   #28
Davidswikki

Drives: 1994 Nissan Skyline GT-R
The most evident motivation to lift a vehicle is to replace a tire, yet different employments, for example, investigating brakes, may likewise expect you to get under the vehicle. Before you lift your vehicle, watch the accompanying security insurances:

Utilize the jack just to get a vehicle off the ground, never to hold a vehicle set up.

Use jack stands when you work underneath your jdm vehicle. Individuals have been squashed to death when vehicles that were inappropriately verified fell on them.

Never lift a vehicle without hindering the wheels to prevent it from rolling. Use blocks, wooden wedges, or metal wheel chocks to hinder the wheels toward the finish of the vehicle that isn't being raised.
Davidswikki is offline   Reply With Quote