Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #15
drex1999

Drives: 77 Vette, 10 1LT
rtcat, that was the best MRT2 vid ever! From 1:30 on, from one car to another is da bomb! I have a similar set up and tried to explain it to far away friends but I have now sent this vid. Awesome work!
Old 01-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #16
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drex1999 View Post
rtcat, that was the best MRT2 vid ever! From 1:30 on, from one car to another is da bomb! I have a similar set up and tried to explain it to far away friends but I have now sent this vid. Awesome work!

Thank - you for the compliment. I owe it to danrc28 for coming to hear the system in action. We met a few miles from my house and the rest is on the video.

THANK - YOU danrc28 for creating the video.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #17
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Dont you live in MD? Maybe one day when the weather gets nice if there is cruise in can I hear your car? lol i want mrt, i loved the loudness of V1 but the drone noise worries me. The V2 still sounds nice with almost no drone, i need to hear these in person.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #18
esfkotaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6, Black with CGM
Love my MRT v2.0. It's why I'm waiting for a SC and wouldn't go for the STS turbo option...I'd miss my MRTs too much.

Interior sound is very tolerable, to me. I've had much worse.

Coming soon (end of summer, hopefully):
JBA Shorties :: Hurst or MTI Shifter (undecided)
New 20" Wheels (undecided) :: Fogs :: GFX :: CF Heat Extractor hood :: Painted-On CGM Stripes :: G-2 Painted Calipers :: Painted Bowties
esfkotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #19
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
Dont you live in MD? Maybe one day when the weather gets nice if there is cruise in can I hear your car? lol i want mrt, i loved the loudness of V1 but the drone noise worries me. The V2 still sounds nice with almost no drone, i need to hear these in person.
If your talking to me ........no I am in Michigan
Old 01-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #20
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
Yeah I do live in MD. I plan on getting the exhaust done within the next two weeks so yeah when the weather breaks and when there's a meet I wouldn't mind letting you hear the MRT. We had a nice meet and great last summer in Waldorf, MD. I know that's a bit far for you but it would have definitely been worth the drive...we had a good time. Hope you can make it out to the next one in the spring/summer.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #21
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melody301 View Post
Yeah I do live in MD. I plan on getting the exhaust done within the next two weeks so yeah when the weather breaks and when there's a meet I wouldn't mind letting you hear the MRT. We had a nice meet and great last summer in Waldorf, MD. I know that's a bit far for you but it would have definitely been worth the drive...we had a good time. Hope you can make it out to the next one in the spring/summer.
ok thank you.. i was gonna go to that meet but it was to far of a drive for me back and forth
Old 01-23-2011, 12:55 AM   #22
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Is MRT 1.0 quieter than a muffler delete?? I got rid of my mufflers and I want to keep the tones and sound just not as loud. Is the 1.0 what I want??
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #23
Johnny D

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS M6 MRT V2
I have the MRT V2, the drone at highway speeds, 70mph and up, is almost intolerable. Luckily I do not drive on the highway too much. Maybe its because its a manual transmission??? The people who say there is no drone do not know what they are talking about. If you are cruising at 70 on a flat stretch, no problem, but if you go up the slightest incline or on an overpass its very bad. Even the radio can't overcome the drone, it actually messes up the low tones in the music. I have to listen to acoustic music or talk radio on the highway.

Don't take this the wrong way, I do LOVE the sound of the MRT V2's. I understand you have to trade off the good with the bad, and these have more good than bad for me because I don't have to drive on the highway very often.

My advice would be to get in a car with an after market exhaust and experience it yourself then decide.

You CAN NOT hear the ultra low tones that come from the exhaust in any video clip.

Last edited by Johnny D; 01-24-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Johnny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #24
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
I have the MRT V2, the drone at highway speeds, 70mph and up, is almost intolerable. Luckily I do not drive on the highway too much. Maybe its because its a manual transmission??? The people who say there is no drone do not know what they are talking about. If you are cruising at 70 on a flat stretch, no problem, but if you go up the slightest incline or on an overpass its very bad. Even the radio can't overcome the drone, it actually messes up the low tones in the music. I have to listen to acoustic music or talk radio on the highway.

Don't take this the wrong way, I do LOVE the sound of the MRT V2's. I understand you have to trade off the good with the bad, and these have more good than bad for me because I don't have to drive on the highway very often.

My advice would be to get in a car with an after market exhaust and experience it yourself then decide.

You CAN NOT here the ultra low tones that come from the exhaust in any video clip.
Johnny

I had the same with just the Magnaflows. 2-3 days of that and in went the resoanted x pipe. Might think about giving it a try. I do know about the incline low rpm load and drone also, very annoying. I still get some of that but I added things so not surprised, but still not bad at all.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #25
melody301

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Is MRT 1.0 quieter than a muffler delete?? I got rid of my mufflers and I want to keep the tones and sound just not as loud. Is the 1.0 what I want??
Not sure if you've seen this thread yet but here's a vid of both systems v1.0 and v2.0. 1.0 is probably what you'll want to go with.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50018
Old 01-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #26
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post

You CAN NOT here the ultra low tones that come from the exhaust in any video clip.

I disagree. I drive mine everyday back and forth to work (not now due to salt on the roads) on the highway for 25 miles and set the cruise at 70 mph. Yes there is drone, but it is very tolerable. Now I do have an automatic and maybe that makes a difference. Then again maybe you are more sensitive to it than I am or vice versa.

Either way I agree that the best way for someone to decide if this is the right system (or for that matter any system) they should make arrangements to try and hear it first hand. danrc28 who made the video of my system couldn't believe how little the drone was at 70 mph. We discussed it on the video, listen for the conversation again once we get on the highway.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #27
melody301

I guess it just depends on each ones tolerability level. I'm going to take you alls advice and head to the MD DC VA thread to see if i can hook up with someone in the my area who has installed this system. I want to be sure i'm comfortable with it before i go cutting out my stock exhaust.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #28
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
I have V2 and its got some drone but I have no resonators. I like it and with the stereo up I barely hear it. Like they said its just your tolerence.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote