Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 07-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #29
FAIRNOT LZ1
It's in black & white

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Summit White #1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Now if we could just get someone with a lawn in central mass area that way we'd all be going relatively the same distance. the CT guys don't like coming north i think it's to far from new york for them to feel safe.
Watch it shorty! My car will go anywhere! ... it can sniff out the beer even two states away!
It's how much money I have to travel ... have to be conservative this summer for the green and white tour cruise in October

FAIRNOT LZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #30
FAIRNOT LZ1
It's in black & white

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Summit White #1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
There are different kinds of shows. I have had my car (my 99 SS) in a classic car show and was very disappointed because it got very little to no attention even though it was near perfect. I finally realized that I should just go to any show to enjoy the people and the cars and not ever worry about the trophies! Many vote for their own club members, others don't really know what they are looking at etc. I even know a judge of first gens and have witnessed disagreements among judges at a point show.

I love the Camaro family in particular. I have made friends all over the US and Canada as a result of the shows I have attended. I no longer care about getting a trophy. I am happy to support the charities that most of them contribute to and love to meet up with friends.

Having said that, anyone that has a show should have classes and if it's classic cars, then they should make it clear to the newer car owners so the expectations are set correctly.

Frankly, I see too much ego in many of these organizations and shows to get too involved myself. I just enjoy the people that I get to meet and hang out with. I think some of the best gatherings are when folks like those here, meet and have a mod day or something like that. Beats sitting in a chair all day and cleaning your car hoping to get a trophy.

This is of course, just my humble opinion from years of these shows and clubs. Pretty much the only reason I am going to the Bud show is the people from here that are going and some friends from the East Coast Camaro club. Same with the ECCC show in Hudson. If not for Ken Howe, Mike Sullivan and people here that attend, I wouldn't go. But now I digress....

Peace out.
Wish I could get a confirmation on a BBQ in a couple weeks ... you know hang with Camaro family

FAIRNOT LZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #31
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRNOT LZ1 View Post
Wish I could get a confirmation on a BBQ in a couple weeks ... you know hang with Camaro family
Depends on what they find when they going hunting in dark places. I sure hope I can make it. I have no issue driving to Conn, that's a short ride!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #32
Bud 1LE 2SS RS

Drives: 2015 1LE Suspen 2SS RS Green Flash
Hey guys. I have been reading some of the comments on this issue. I am a long time show person over the years. I have shown my other cars at national shows, local shows, cruz night and on and on since the the 70's. Each show has a different way of putting on their show be it on a national level and a local level to draw donations to a certain charity or special group. Some have a cut off date for year of car, some have no cut off year and every one who shows up to show off their car is welcomed to bring in spectators. National level most time the car is tech checked, classed and put on to the show field AND JUDGED AGAINST A 1000 SHEET NOT CAR TO CAR with other cars that are classed in the class they are placed. Local shows, most clubs that put the show on depend on spectators to do the judgeing for them and most people don't know what thay are looking at. It is what the person likes.

Long and short of it is when your thinking of going to a show take a look at the flyer for the show and see if they have the show broken into classes and if there is an award for each class being one or 3 in each class listed.
Again I think it's about going to the show with your fellow members and having a good time and if you get picked for an award thats great! If not think about the fun you had at the show with the freinds that came along with you.

By the way take a look at the post I put up today. The show I have up is great, lots to do, it's peoples choice and you may get an award or you may not but it;s about having a good time with your car and your freinds that came along to also have a good day.
Bud 1LE 2SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #33
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Now if we could just get someone with a lawn in central mass area that way we'd all be going relatively the same distance. the CT guys don't like coming north i think it's to far from new york for them to feel safe.
That would be charlies!!! Chevy3 or his mothers house with a HUGE back yard!!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #34
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
WOW! Just read OPs full post and the follow up post by everyone. There are so many shows to attend that do appreciate late model owners and having that choice, I see no reason to go out of my way to attend the Mass Cruisers show. I did attend this years Seekonk Show and had a good time. Show organizers attitudes like that only mean that thier shows will not last.

Like Max points out, we all pay the same and I agree we all should be treated the same. I agree with Tim and the others, I wish I had the time to spend on restoration, but life doesn't always allow it. When I had the time I didn't have the money, now I have the money but no time...so like many of you, just bought it ready to go. Why should we be penalized for that?

I guess this guy from the CT group won't be attenting any more Cruiser shows.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #35
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
Well I built one, spent damn near 20k beleive it or not..... and I would still rather drive my wife Camaro....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2SS/RS IBM * American Racing BLVD Wheels * 275/40 * 295/40 Toyo Proxes * Eibach 1" drop Springs * Elite Catch Can * CAI w/ scoop * CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift * APR Carbon Fiber Splitter * Sequential Tail Lights * MPD1 Spoiler * Hex Vents (CF dipped) * GFX Skirts * BBK SS Shorties * MBRP 3"Exhaust w/ X pipe * Solo Hi-Flow Cats *
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #36
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-ZL1 View Post
WOW! Just read OPs full post and the follow up post by everyone. There are so many shows to attend that do appreciate late model owners and having that choice, I see no reason to go out of my way to attend the Mass Cruisers show. I did attend this years Seekonk Show and had a good time. Show organizers attitudes like that only mean that thier shows will not last.

Like Max points out, we all pay the same and I agree we all should be treated the same. I agree with Tim and the others, I wish I had the time to spend on restoration, but life doesn't always allow it. When I had the time I didn't have the money, now I have the money but no time...so like many of you, just bought it ready to go. Why should we be penalized for that?

I guess this guy from the CT group won't be attenting any more Cruiser

make that 2

shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH 2012 SS/RS View Post
Well I built one, spent damn near 20k beleive it or not..... and I would still rather drive my wife Camaro....lol

hahahahahaha you crack me up
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #37
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
This hole thing just pisses me off as a car guy. What a pompous --- . To miss lead fellow car guys just to get $$ to pay for there cost sucks. To have to say ( I go to shows to meet the people and see the cars) is a no "f" brainer.
My buddy's and I have knowingly gone to many shows that we know we aren't judged in. But to say your judging and not and then say so and say tough titty.im not a very big guy but DON'T disrespect me like that to my face.
It's not about the stupid trophy. It's about misleading and being open about misleading. This just makes me mad!!!!
On a side note my mom has a very big yard and would love to host a Camaro -car show. Just need to fig out my situation first.
Sorry for piss pore rant guys.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #38
wmora4

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM
Old 07-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #39
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
If there all right with openly screwing us then maybe they wouldn't mind giving are money back. Or..........

Bunch of bs
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #40
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
You crack me up charlie. So anywhere Al you should come to the Bud Show there's beer and some cool people like Happy Dan and Phil and Roger and everyon else who's coming.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #41
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
We should get all NEC 5 members to like the Masshole Cruisers on FB then at a pre arranged date and time all post a picture of our 5th Gen on their wall!
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #42
67RS2010SS

Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH 2012 SS/RS View Post

Not only does he like Camaros he found a girl named Camaro and married her! Lol