Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-30-2024, 09:36 PM   #99
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebagger06 View Post
Im not so sure about that , I have looked at everything 5 times over and dont know why i get CEL light on my car with the ported rod mod, Its P0106,0086 codes and if you rev it up it goes into reduced power mode!! Even broke one of those pos intake bolts from taking it off and on so much, New GM gaskets, MAP sensor , have a new MAF sensor coming tomorrow , along with smoke machine to verify i dont have a leak or cracked intake, I have others telling me it needs a tune! Andrew suggested the smoke tester!
Something causing an erratic airflow for the first code. Second code suggests a faulty harness connection. Neither can be helped with a tune. Post back after the smoke test. Good luck
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 09:01 AM   #100
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Something causing an erratic airflow for the first code. Second code suggests a faulty harness connection. Neither can be helped with a tune. Post back after the smoke test. Good luck
But if i had had a shitty tune from the shop it was at before, could the intake cause this somehow? This is very simple to install and i suspect the smoke machine will only show if its cracked somewhere,only plug that was touched was the map sensor plug and its on there right!
Old 03-31-2024, 04:20 PM   #101
Bluebagger06

smoke test confirms no leaks
Old 03-31-2024, 04:51 PM   #102
camguynj

Check if the MAF is installed in the right direction. I would clean it while it’s too. Also check the TB harness connection.
Old 03-31-2024, 05:27 PM   #103
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
But if i had had a shitty tune from the shop it was at before, could the intake cause this somehow? This is very simple to install and i suspect the smoke machine will only show if its cracked somewhere,only plug that was touched was the map sensor plug and its on there right!
Your previous tune could have something to do with it especially if they changed a lot of the airflow settings. And I would imagine that your maf scale need a tweak for the new airflow.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 06:14 PM   #104
Bluebagger06

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Check if the MAF is installed in the right direction. I would clean it while it’s too. Also check the TB harness connection.
I just put a brand new one in, as well as a new map sensor
Old 03-31-2024, 06:19 PM   #105
Bluebagger06

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
Your previous tune could have something to do with it especially if they changed a lot of the airflow settings. And I would imagine that your maf scale need a tweak for the new airflow.
Thats what i am being told by the guy i got the intake from, also his tuner said same. So either i take it to the guy that tuned it , dont know if i should, or spend $1100 on a hp tuner just to figure this out and maybe get a good tune in it!! Very frustrating!
Old 03-31-2024, 08:03 PM   #106
camguynj

Quote:
I just put a brand new one in, as well as a new map sensor
Check that the MAF in the correct orientation, and recheck the TB harness
Old 04-01-2024, 02:48 AM   #107
morepowerjoe

Quote:
Thats what i am being told by the guy i got the intake from, also his tuner said same. So either i take it to the guy that tuned it , dont know if i should, or spend $1100 on a hp tuner just to figure this out and maybe get a good tune in it!! Very frustrating!
Why would you have to spend $1100 on a HP Tuners interface? Last time I bought one it was like $400 plus 2 credits for $100 and the guy I use for email tunes only charges me like $300.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Old 04-01-2024, 09:06 AM   #108
Bluebagger06

Quote:
Why would you have to spend $1100 on a HP Tuners interface? Last time I bought one it was like $400 plus 2 credits for $100 and the guy I use for email tunes only charges me like $300.
Thats what Andrew sent me , $375 for the module, $650 for tuning cause i have interior motor mod, and $100 for 2 credits! Its sucks because the small guys like me is getting priced out of doing things to my car, And how much if i make another change down the road? I understand company has to make money but $650 for a tune they already have sitting there im sure? I waiting on a call from guy that tuned my car when they did cam work , hes going to try and look at it today.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:24 AM   #109
morepowerjoe

Quote:
Thats what Andrew sent me , $375 for the module, $650 for tuning cause i have interior motor mod, and $100 for 2 credits! Its sucks because the small guys like me is getting priced out of doing things to my car, And how much if i make another change down the road? I understand company has to make money but $650 for a tune they already have sitting there im sure? I waiting on a call from guy that tuned my car when they did cam work , hes going to try and look at it today.
Send me a dm if you need any tuning help, like I was saying my guy is really good and he only charged me $300.

Old 04-01-2024, 10:34 AM   #110
Bluebagger06

Quote:
Send me a dm if you need any tuning help, like I was saying my guy is really good and he only charged me $300.
ok Do you recommend a HP tuner or something else? I am trying to get into my tuner today to see if there is anything he can see. Andrew emailed me and said i should have had the P0106 and 0068 tuned out by my tuner back when he did cam work, which i dont think happened, i will see if i can get the log from my tuner when he looks at my car and then i can go from there. Thank you for the help!!
Old 04-01-2024, 11:00 AM   #111
morepowerjoe

Quote:
ok Do you recommend a HP tuner or something else? I am trying to get into my tuner today to see if there is anything he can see. Andrew emailed me and said i should have had the P0106 and 0068 tuned out by my tuner back when he did cam work, which i dont think happened, i will see if i can get the log from my tuner when he looks at my car and then i can go from there. Thank you for the help!!
Yes I definitely recommend HP Tuners.

Old 04-01-2024, 06:00 PM   #112
camguynj

Quote:
Other than turning off the cels can’t see how just tuning out the codes is going to help your car run better