Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #1
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
2015 Twin Turbo V6 - FACTORY

I was visiting a neighbor yesterday afternoon when another of his friends drove up a 2015 V6 RS. I introduced myself as a fellow Camaro owner to him, my neighbor already knew about my car.

I had my phone, so I showed him a picture of my car. He said it was really nice but he was happy with the performance of his 2015 FACTORY Twin Turbo V6.

It sparked my curiosity as I didn't know Camaro had this option. I honestly don't know much about the V6 options. He popped the hood to show me his engine. I was sorry to inform there was no turbo, much less twins, under his hood.

Strange part is, he purchased the car new in 2014. Either he had a very good salesman, feeding him a line of bull, or he knows absolutely nothing about cars. My guess is a bit of both.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
No such option. Poor guy. Lol
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
DSMer1

Drives: 14 and 15 SS's
Lol, that is pretty funny.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:45 PM   #4
silverstorm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Turbos only come in the newer models but still aren't twin, just single. I would've checked under the hood before purchase
silverstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:54 PM   #5
Synergy1911

Drives: 2011 1LT RS - Red Jewel
Actually there is a factory TT V6 5th Gen. There is only one in existence. Jay Leno has it, given to him by GM. I was talking to a dyno shop in LA, GM used their dyno to do the tune on the car. They had their engineers and software and would not let the shop owner see or use the GM software.
Synergy1911 is offline   Reply With Quote