Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
wanting to buy a suspension kit without lowering my car.

im wanting to install a better performing and driving suspension. i like the way the car is smooth and i need it to be able to hit a pot hole or rough road without bouncing me around..i live in West Virginia so im wanting to put something in there that will help me handle curves at high speeds.

i really dont want to lower the car cause the roads around here arent really that nice. there are potholes that will devour the car if lowered too much..but i was looking at some eibach suspension kits but not sure what i should go with..

does anyone have any suggestions..keep in mind i can lower it about 1 more inch or so but i want the car to stay as smooth as can be but be able to handle a turn better than any other car..LOL.so any suggestions would be great..im trying to get the final adjustments done to my car before Oct.4th for the Talladega Funfest MTI is having for us 2010 camaro owners..so if you can be as fast as possible replying that would be great. thanks guys..Mohrg Beast
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
mark_p

Drives: 2010 2SSRS m6
I puth the eibach pro kit on my car two days ago. It lowered it 1" and handles much better. Less roll and better turn in. They are fairly cheap as well. The coil overs are the best and adjustable but you pay dearly.
mark_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
henri26900

Drives: 2010
Eibach Pro Kit...i have had this drop on every car i ever owned...never had any issues; they lower the car perfect and leaves enough clearance for your everyday driving.
henri26900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Your best bet, is a set of sway bars, and lowering springs with proper spring rates.

The 5th gens understeer quite bad, and have very little input from the rear end. A set of sway bars from Pfadt race engineering will help, the car immensely with out sacrificing the smoothness of the ride you currently have. The Larger rear bar will help the car handle better and keep the front from moving under on turn in. The heavy duty end links also will make the input from the two wheels much better, and allow a better ride!

Here is a direct link to these bars, they are a great value for the benefit they add http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=3605

I also have a nice introductory discount offer on these bars! PM for details.

As for lowering springs, a set of Eibach pro kit springs, will lower the car 1.3 inches front and rear, but still maintain very nice rebound , and spring rates. Pfadt also has a set of lowering springs available , which will lower the car 1.4" inches but are better engineered for handling and all around performance. The problem with lowering springs that you may run into, is no matter the lowering spring, there are no springs on the market that will soften the ride currently and have better performance. We have all the lowering springs available on the market currently on our website here http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/index....3557_3531_3587

The biggest and best investment to help your camaro track significantly better, and have a much better driving feel with defiantly be a set of sport sways from pfadt! Add a set of lowering springs for a high performance street car, that tracks to perfection!

If you have any questions feel free to contact our shop, we have a lot of knowledge with this chassis already and we are always available to help.

-Brandon
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

i bought the pfadt anti foll bar kit and ill post pics of the installation on my cars thread. also do you guys know of any springs that will make the car absorb holes and bumps more and make the car ride smoother WITHOUT lowering the car??? id love to make the car ride smoother, not like it really needs it..if youve ever drove a older model camaro im sure youd agree..lol.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Thanks for the order! Post up the pictures when you get them installed!
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

will do cant wait to get the kit..i was really considering Eibach cause the bar was red and it was alot cheaper, but something just told me to roll with it and i ordered yours..yours also looks more durable and more professional in my opinion..hope i was right man..but im sure it will be fine..i read the specs for both and that was the main influence actually.cant wait to get them and toy around with my car after we install it..there is nothing but mountains and curves here so ill be the absolute best person to test out any handling parts that can improve the car..i posted on the talladega thread that my driveway has more curves and is more dangerous than the track we will be driving on..LOL.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Every one of the elite suspension,"kits" has the option of leaving the OE ride height. It will not maximize it's potential, but it is your choice.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #9
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

yeah its really not my choice i would lower the hell out of my car if i lived in an actual place..LOL..this is just wilderness with housing and failed attempts at cities and civilization. so i need the little bit of height that i have..i dont know if 1.4 inches in the front and 1 inch in the back would hurt anything..well i do believe that 1.4 in the front would probably be way too low for the front..but the back could stand to use some lowering..i have the pfadt sway bars on the way to install on my car, so when they get here im going to install them and see what they do..im not complaining what so ever about the way the car steers..i absolutely love the way the car handles..but if you can improve on something you think is already great then why the hell not.