Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #29
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona View Post
The trends are interesting. The gen 5 Camaro sold better, but now it looks like the gen 6 mustang is selling better.
When I went to the Florida Keys last month 1 out of every 20 cars was a entry level Mustang Convertible, 2015 or newer. The next most common car was a 2015 or older Camaro convertible, but there were at least 15 times more Mustang converts. '

It was astonishing how many Mustang convertibles we saw. Clearly they were rentals as I didn't see all that many 2014 and older Mustangs or converts.

Right now GM either hasn't or just released the 4 cylinder turbo Camaro and has not started selling convertibles. I doubt they will be as cheap as the Mustang convertibles, so the rental agencies will still go for Mustang over Camaro - But we won't know the real story until Camaro has their full line released in a few months.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #30
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Can't understand the supply issue.

Didn't the new Malibu come out about the same time as the new Camaro?
There's at least one long row of new Malibus at a local dealer while they have no new Camaros.

Is there a quality problem that's holding the plant back from full production?
Will all the extended quality audits and the issues early adopters are experiencing, it makes me think that that's indeed what is happening.
New Malibu is being made in quantities of 30-35k per month. Camaro is BARELY hitting 8k at this point.

And using cars.com as a gauge of inventory is about the worst thing you can do. ANY car that is updated on there is counted. If there isn't a real life picture then its in transit and those cars obviously don't count. Let's be generous and say that only 2000 of them are in transit, that would still leave about 8000 on the lots which would only be about 45 days of selling inventory. Yup, still not enough.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #31
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atra View Post
Gen6 hasn't had a summer yet. Also vert and i4 not out yet.
Umm, the Mustang hasn't either.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #32
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
In our region it's non stop advertising as well as good discounts. My wife cross shopped '16 mustangs. She had two different ford dealers offer to stack discounts that FMC said could not be combined. The car was a GT prem (auto/3.15, stripes, cal package, 401a pack blind spot shaker system pack, voice nav/audio upfit, leather recaro's and a deep discount for getting tint/xpel by a 3rd party) Similar in equipment etc to the camaro.

In the end she liked the camaro and paid more because she wanted to be in this car. That was obviously the wrong decision as it seems GM does not care about anything other than selling another unit.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:02 PM   #33
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Errrr...

The Mustang has had a summer...the first cars ended up in customer hands in October 2014. It's been on lots for about 16 months now.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:04 PM   #34
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
Yeah, because you know Ford is done making special models on the 6thGen platform.
No there not, but there are no convert in the Camaro sales, and the ford line has them and more, i think, don't keep up with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
WOW...I wasn't expecting a sales spike last month, but didn't think we'd see a decline.

With the combination of 2015s still being on dealer lots, plus the 6th gen. I was expecting at least 7K in sales last month.

Mustang selling close to 10,000 cars last month is insane.

Does anybody know how many Mustangs went to rental fleets ?

It would be nice to know what the split is between 5th gen and 6th gen sales.
I know where we are there are a lot of convert 5gn rentals running around, GM is starting that last week look for lot better # ones they sold to renters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
Nothing. I read his point to be that packages/trims of Camaro that are testing but not yet available (1LE, ZL1, Z/28, Berlinetta, etc) will drive additional sales. Which could be true, but with Ford also having future packages/trims in the works, it's unlikely the gap in sales will close.

I hope this is not true, look for 1K+ per month in sales from the convert line and if its picked up buy all the big rental fleet it will be more as spring is coming fast.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:07 PM   #35
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Errrr...

The Mustang has had a summer...the first cars ended up in customer hands in October 2014. It's been on lots for about 16 months now.
Look at the numbers from just over the winter months. Its still loosing. You can't compare a car that was available to one that wasn't. It would make no sense to talk about last summer sales in this case.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:07 PM   #36
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
As someone has already pointed out, yes, Mustang has had at least one complete full year with all of its models out in full glory. (except for the GT350 of course which is a tiny fraction of sales).
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #37
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Look at the numbers from just over the winter months. Its still loosing. You can't compare a car that was available to one that wasn't. It would make no sense to talk about last summer sales in this case.
So are you saying you want to compare just the last three months?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:33 PM   #38
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I don't think the Camaro will outsell the Mustang, but it will do better than this as time goes on.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #39
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I agree with what someone stated early in this post, MSRP/price is a concern for most "average" buyers ...... I work with a fellow that went looking at a '16 2SS Camaro, he said it was about $50,000, he didn't want to pay that much for a Camaro so instead he went looking at the Mustang and wound up leaving with a New convertible Mustang GT for $39,xxx ..........
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #40
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
I agree on the price...I can see people waiting for incentives and also waiting out the year 1 issues being produced at a different plant than the 5th gen, etc. I cannot see myself updating simply due to the price...I can only imagine how costly the ZL1 will be.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:46 PM   #41
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I truly believe the "average" car buyer won't even know what MRC, dual mode exhaust, auxiliary coolers and differential coolers even mean, so all that is meaningless to most, all that most see is a price comparison between Mustang and Camaro ....

Most buyers are going to look and say, heck I can get a Mustang Convert for a ton cheaper compared to a '16 Camaro ....

"16 Camaro 2SS= $42,295 or a '16 Mustang GT convert=$42,295, most are going to compare price and not so much all the tech differences
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #42
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
As someone has already pointed out, yes, Mustang has had at least one complete full year with all of its models out in full glory. (except for the GT350 of course which is a tiny fraction of sales).
Correct, which would mean demand for the Mustang should be less. And it's still selling almost 10K/mo average.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote