Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-07-2020, 05:42 PM   #701
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Lost a sale of our home in a commercial deal earlier in the year because of covid and it’s effects on the economy. Was close to closing by the end of the year on a different property but election winner put cold feet in the interested party. Trying to get out of this state before it takes too much more of our hard earned $’s but having a hard time making it happen. Sad for all the folks unable to work from these shutdowns.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:25 AM   #702
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Old 11-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #703
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger007 View Post
We must use every opportunity and every development to contain the virus. . The only question is, will other aerospace companies agree to this.
Maybe we could contact this aerospace company. Looks to me like they are ready to report for duty.
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #704
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I think we are well past the point of containment.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:14 PM   #705
chevymahia

Drives: Camaro Z28
"Has this corona issue affected your job"
YES, my income has fallen seriously, thankfully I didn't lose my job.
chevymahia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:33 PM   #706
CamaroFan63
Sullie63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Sorry i missed the reply's guys. .
Sorry to hear PeteD..
Glad you made the cut Mlee wish your co workers had
been able to stay working toooo

Man didn't realize how out of shape i
had gotten while i was off. Thankfully my job is
easy at the auto auction. We ( Manheim St.Louis ) went
from 8 to some times 10 inlane drive thru the block auction
to all virtual. Thankfully we still need to move the cars.
Oracle clear side markers / LLmar tint sides and rear.
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Member of SICC. Southern Illinois Camaro Club
CamaroFan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:11 PM   #707
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger007 View Post
You are right, but we must do everything to avoid the spread of the virus. Although it has already spread on a crazy scale. We must use every opportunity and every development to contain the virus. A lot of people have already died due to COVID, and there will be even more. Social distancing is crucial, but how do you know that you are a carrier of the virus without infecting others? There are different developments. Here tonight I saw an article about the possibilities of delivering test systems using drones controlled from a satellite. If you are interested, here is the link https://www.skyrora.com/post/drones-...uk-space-agens. This is a very strange and unusual idea, but we must do our best. The only question is, will other aerospace companies agree to this, will they provide an opportunity to use their satellites for this purpose? This is the main question.
The link is broken.

I have fortunately been able to work the entire time, and I'm in the aerospace industry.

Two people where I work have contacted it.
One of them I actually expected to, as this person is always very close to people when talking to them, is under 65, had fever and a cough for a week, then was fine.

The other one you would have never expected to get it. This person wore a mask, socially distanced, washed hands/used hand sanitizer regularly, even before these were recommended/required.

This person is over 65, has asthma, and is higher risk. But in 2 weeks after remesdivir, was fine.

Hopefully the vaccine will be getting out soon.

I think the spread is worse now, at least from what I see, because way too many people are out in public without any protection when they are in close proximity to others.

I've seen people at restaurants who cook/serve not wearing any protection, as well as guests....... I don't go back if I see this. So now I pretty much do all my own cooking.

I also see people getting close to others with no protection at gas stations, and they don't have anything to wipe the pump handles with. I use gloves and throw them away when finished, sanitizer on my hands afterwards.

Having been working and going to the normal places I go the entire pandemic, by wearing a mask (get several so you can wash and clean them daily).........socially distancing (if someone gets too close, just walk away)............. never touch my nose/eyes/ears/mouth when out in public without washing my hands first........... and always use gloves/sanitizer if I'm touching anything that is used by multiple people (I can't believe they don't wipe down the belts at the grocery stores with IPA) I have so far avoided it.

Not to say I couldn't get it, but just trying to eliminate any possible chance I can has lowered my chances.

I have the feeling once part of the people get the vaccine, most people will let their guard down, and it will continue to spread.

It does suck having to wear a mask everywhere you go, social distance everywhere, washing hands/using sanitizer all day/night, and being conscious of not touching your head anywhere when in public.

Hopefully within 6 months to a year this will all be completely over.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:27 PM   #708
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
It’s slightly changed how I do my job, but otherwise no not at all. Same with the wife.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #709
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I would follow CDC guidelines before WHO.

This spring WHO proved itself a corrupt political organization.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #710
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Name:  in-out.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  42.1 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:07 PM   #711
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I would follow CDC guidelines before WHO.

This spring WHO proved itself a corrupt political organization.
Actually before it became fashionable by the Dems to try to collapse the Trump economy the WHO stated masks wouldn't have any effect on virus control. When masks became fear propaganda it kinda got hidden. Anyone remember how how it had to be N95 or N100 at the start of the panic? Seems so many don't.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:54 PM   #712
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
I remember the n95