Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #29
bluecamaroguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Any ideas of how much something like this would cost?
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #30
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
i would bet

you will see a 1900 for the v6 and it will rock to an easy 450 rwhp!!!!!
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #31
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Fairly new to this site and haven't made through all the threads and info on SC and turbo charging the v6. What is meant by "TVS based system" and "Roots" blower?
We have had turbo cars and my son has the SC/SS Cobalt, so I have some general knowledge of how they work, Thanks

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #32
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Fairly new to this site and haven't made through all the threads and info on SC and turbo charging the v6. What is meant by "TVS based system" and "Roots" blower?
We have had turbo cars and my son has the SC/SS Cobalt, so I have some general knowledge of how they work, Thanks
From wikipedia - The Roots type supercharger or Roots blower is a positive displacement pump which operates by pulling air through a pair of meshing lobes not unlike a set of stretched gears. Air is trapped in pockets surrounding the lobes and carried from the intake side to the exhaust. The supercharger is driven directly from the engine's crankshaft via a belt or, in a two-stroke diesel engine, by spur gears.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roots_type_supercharger

From Eaton - Eaton’s new Twin Vortices Series (TVS) is a Roots-type supercharger for a variety of engine applications that delivers more power and better fuel economy in a smaller package, for uncompromising, high-performance driving. The TVS supercharger’s patented design features four-lobe rotors and high-flow inlet and outlet ports that greatly enhance thermal efficiency, deliver higher volumetric capacity, and enable higher operating speeds. The TVS supercharger is capable of running with a high thermal efficiency (up to 76 percent) across a very wide operating range.

The improvements incorporated into the TVS design allow for the use of a smaller supercharger, reducing the package size and weight of the system. The sizes range from 350cc to 2300cc per revolution, and cover engines from 0.6 liter up to large displacement V-engines. All TVS superchargers have a 2.4 pressure ratio capability and a thermal efficiency that exceeds 70 percent, which enables more compact packaging and greater output.

The twin four-lobe rotors feature 160-degree twists. The higher helix angle of the rotors coupled with a redesigned inlet and outlet ports, improves the TVS’s air-handling characteristics without increasing the overall size of the unit. The TVS improved noise and vibration characteristics eliminate additional noise-reduction treatments, complexity and system cost.

The TVS Roots supercharger sets a new standard of boosting device performance and reaffirms Eaton’s leadership in the performance automotive market.

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Produc.../TVS/index.htm
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #33
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Thanks for the the info, seems many Co.'s are working on or possibly planning an
aftermarket boost for our v6's. I guess everyone has their own version or idea of what they want their car to do or be. I am looking for more power of course, but don't need to meet or beat an ss. I want reliability, maintain mpg, while adding to the uniqueness
of the car, not a race car or show car, but a daily driver

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #34
bng804

Drives: '10 Victory Red 2LT
Emailed.
bng804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #35
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS -Cyber Gray
They might want to check the LPE supercharger thread for competitive purposes. If both add around 100ish HP, and similar torque, but one is below $5k and one is $6.5k,(and one is done a lot earlier...I hope!) they are not going to get a lot of business. I guess they might have the west coast market cornered, but for those of us stuck with our cars in the garage, a trip to Indiana is much cheaper. Either way, great to hear more options coming out.
priz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #36
RustyHookz
Swim Against the Flow

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS 6-speed
I have to admit I vacillate between being really impressed with my V-6 Camaro, and regretting not ordering a SS. I've considered selling it to order a SS, but then I drive it again and get re-impressed with how fast and responsive this V-6 is. This V-6 wants me to push that accelerator down so it can show me its stuff, and I find myself driving a lot faster than I should be. If this is true with the V-6, what would happen with the V-8? Now I'm in the supercharger or turbocharger mode, and will probably go with that when something irresistable finally gets to market. That will probably require more upgrades...beefier clutch,,,rear end? Transmission? Driveshaft? What have I got myself into????
RustyHookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #37
DON_RAFA
NY5THGEN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/SIM/IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyHookz View Post
I have to admit I vacillate between being really impressed with my V-6 Camaro, and regretting not ordering a SS. I've considered selling it to order a SS, but then I drive it again and get re-impressed with how fast and responsive this V-6 is. This V-6 wants me to push that accelerator down so it can show me its stuff, and I find myself driving a lot faster than I should be. If this is true with the V-6, what would happen with the V-8? Now I'm in the supercharger or turbocharger mode, and will probably go with that when something irresistable finally gets to market. That will probably require more upgrades...beefier clutch,,,rear end? Transmission? Driveshaft? What have I got myself into????
I see I'm not the only one with mixed feelings. I thought about upgrading to a SS aswell but like you said everytime I hear the car and feel it move I think "how much more power do I really need?". Its still a sexy 5th gen, sounds good, moves and is economic. I can only imagine when a FI system is officially released for us v6 owners. I think like this, you expect a v8 to be loud and big and fast but when you see a v6 doing what a v8 does I find that more impressive and cant wait to see the look on the non-believers faces. I never thought I'd say that being I've always had a v8. Its not to have a v6 that can beat a v8, thats two different lanes, but to have a sick v6 I feel respect is demanded!

As far as drivetrain upgrades to support the added hp/tq I see it coming in time. For now bolt-ons can be handled with the stock hardware and thats good enough for me......for now.
DON_RAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #38
darwin

Drives: 1SS/RS 2010 Camaro
The sound of a v8 is the true muscle sound in my opinion, my dad has the g8 gt and when he stomps on it, i love that mean aggressive sound it has. Mine sounds pretty good with the slp exhaust, but nothing like the v8 still.
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #39
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Anything new??