Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
chrisp@lsrperformance.com

Drives: 2010 yellow ss
LSR Cold air with factory tune

Guys,

I wanted to give you some new technical data on our cold air intake while using the stock tune. We have designed an insert that can be removable if and when you decide to re tune the car.We have been able to get some nice power gains without having to re tune the car. Here is the Dyno sheet from our testing.

Now here is the Dyno with a new tune installed.

chrisp@lsrperformance.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
chrisp@lsrperformance.com

Drives: 2010 yellow ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp@lsrperformance.com View Post
Guys,

I wanted to give you some new technical data on our cold air intake while using the stock tune. We have designed an insert that can be removable if and when you decide to re tune the car.We have been able to get some nice power gains without having to re tune the car. Here is the Dyno sheet from our testing.

Now here is the Dyno with a new tune installed.

You can now bolt on the best performing Camaro intake on the market without a tune. We have developed an insert for our Cold Air kit that allows the use of it without a tune, but it can also be removed for future modifications. Even with the insert we have seen modest gains of 10 plus horsepower and of course removed with a tune you will see gains of 30 plus horsepower.

No other CAI on the market allows for the building of your CAI with the building of your car.

This will be the last Cold Air Intake you will need to buy. Even in supercharged applications we have seen a 2-3 lb boost increase. This intake will grow with you and your car.
chrisp@lsrperformance.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
428 rwhp with intake and tune?

That's a real generous dyno. With long tubes that dyno would produce 450+ rwhp.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
2quick

Drives: none
Ill mention since I was there when the testing was done that the car has been broken in very well. Also it has a lot of miles of being broken in very well. It has seen its fair share of track time. Ill be the first to say it that the numbers looked high and this is why i think the numbers looked so good. Either way i like to stress that the dyno was just to show gains and not really for peak numbers. Some people will have higher and some will have lower numbers depending on lots of factors. I think we all know that all dynos can show different readings. Lots of factors go into it. Our car also has shorties and an aftermarket exhaust.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote