Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #15
stretch98

Drives: 2500HD pickup
The photographs appearing above are of the concept version of the CTS coupe revealed at the Detroit auto show in January 2008. The production version will not be introduced until next summer at the earliest. I have no clue what the actual steering wheel and the other interior features will look like but if the CTS sedan, the new SRX crossover and even the new Buick LaCrosse are any indication, the CTS coupe interior will be first rate.
stretch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #16
Rummel Autosport

Drives: 92 Skyline GTR, 89 240SX
it has a combination of BMW and Infinity features.
I like it. What is the pricing going to be?
Rummel Autosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #17
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch98 View Post
After car shopping for several months I was close to buying an Audi A5 when the economy went belly up. At that point, I felt the need to buy American and switched my attention to the Camaro. At a shade over 6'6", however, I needed to see the car in person first and when I did, the interior compared to the Audi (who makes the finest interiors out there) left a lot to be desired.

I have waited this long and I have a decent vehicle to drive so as of now I am leaning toward suspending my decision for a while until I can see the Cadillac. The CTS sedan interior is one of the best ever in an American vehicle and in a two-door sport coupe, that could be my perfect car.
Why would someone post such a statement on a Camaro Forum? What's wrong, isn't there a Cadillac CTS forum? Or (God forbid) an Audi Forum?
Old 09-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #18
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummel Autosport View Post
it has a combination of BMW and Infinity features.
I like it. What is the pricing going to be?
im guessing 34-36k base for the and 40k+ fully loaded
Old 09-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #19
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
to me the outside suffers from a case of the "2010 mustangs":( the front and side profile is very nice, but the back end is pretty horrible. Id have to give it a loot in person, but if the interior is similar to the sedan then its going to be 100% top notch.

Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #20
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
to me the outside suffers from a case of the "2010 mustangs":( the front and side profile is very nice, but the back end is pretty horrible. Id have to give it a loot in person, but if the interior is similar to the sedan then its going to be 100% top notch.

i dont really like the back side of the cts coupe, i dont know how they could make the tail lights any better if they would change the shape idk it would look out of place

the cts coupes rear looks like a g35s rear the front is nice but the back is just plain imo
Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I can't wait to see the final version...released and out on the roads. I'll give it Caddy...that's one bad @ss ride.

And, if you do decide to go with a CTS coupe, more power to you.....BEAUTIFUL ride.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:17 AM   #22
stretch98

Drives: 2500HD pickup
For the poster "Windy City", this is a "Camaro versus ..." forum and the Cadillac CTS coupe and Audi A5 are 2-door enthusiast-oriented sport coupes like the Camaro.

It is my understanding that this site is open to prospective Camaro purchasers who may also be considering other sport coupe competitors and is not restricted to participation by folks who already purchased a new Camaro. Am I wrong?
stretch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #23
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
I own an 05 cts now (for sale!) and love the newer styles (08+) but for some reason i think the cts coupe is a ugly car, and a terrible idea....its competition is so far ahead of it performance wise, unless they up the ante it won't sell well.

Again, just my opinion, best of luck to you if you buy it, but if you're too tall i heard the challengers were bigger, tho it seems like nothing can touch a camaro right now.
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #24
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
The back end is the only part I don't like, but I am guessing it will change some production. Now if they make a CTS-V coupe, Um HUH!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #25
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
The back end is the only part I don't like, but I am guessing it will change some production. Now if they make a CTS-V coupe, Um HUH!
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #26
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
GM as a whole is turning around as far as interior quality, more so than ford and chrysler cars and SUVs. and ill admit the camaro may not be the one that it is most evident in, but it is very hard to make a classy, modern, interior have the retro styling the camaro does, and i love it.

as far as CTS coupe, i say wait. im sure you can get it with the LTT, and possible a V series to come
Old 09-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #27
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
I'm not sure how I feel about the new coupe. I have seen it on the new Cadillac commercial, and it might just be the commercial, but it just doesn't do it for me. Are they planning on having a coupe model with the CTS-V engine in it? A coupe with that engine in it would be very nasty. Although it just seems to like that aggressive styling that even the CTS-V sedan has.
ironpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #28
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
GM as a whole is turning around as far as interior quality, more so than ford and chrysler cars and SUVs. and ill admit the camaro may not be the one that it is most evident in, but it is very hard to make a classy, modern, interior have the retro styling the camaro does, and i love it.

as far as CTS coupe, i say wait. im sure you can get it with the LTT, and possible a V series to come
This I somewhat disagree with have you seen the interior on the new Taurus or the 11 Grand Cherokee? everybit as good or better than GM mainstream interiors. Even their other cars have gotten way better and Chrysler's next gens of every car should be more than comparable. I don't think GM is nywhere near there yet on every car. Friend had an 09 G8 GT, great interior design, materials and craftsmanship, could've used some work. IMHO, the 08 and up cCharger (with it's minor interior refresh), had better materials, but the G8, had a better design.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote