Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
Evilangel

Drives: 2003 Evo(450hp) , 95 CamaroZ28
Question V6 supercharger whp

Hello, I noticed that some australian compaines have already made superchargers for the LLT motor, but their power ratings are in kw. What I really want to know is what kind of whp will people be able to make on the LLT with a centrifugal blower? I know that people with the V8 mustang gt are able to get 420-460whp with kits from Vortech and Procharger. Do you think the LLT will get the same? I know it has yet to be done here in the US, but what have they done overseas? Can anyone translate what the kw ratings mean? I know that here stateside we will push the LLT farther than it has ever gone before, but I think what holden and some of the aussie companies have done will give us a good indication of what the LLT's thresholds are.

Last edited by Evilangel; 08-02-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Evilangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I use google to do all my conversions. 1kW = 1.341hp / 1hp=0.746kW
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
so how many kW are the aussie's pushing? Want to see what the WHP will be
Old 08-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Kakashi

Drives: Camaro SS 2010 M6
I would be interested in knowing which company you found making S/C for the LLT (or any turbo kit for that matter). Or if you have found boards with members sporting these kits where they offer their opinions, knowledge, experience and times with these.

All I have found are S/C kits for the VZ V6 (i.e. the LY7; the non-DI version of the LLT... or the other way around: the LLT is the DI version of the LY7)

I have no way of verifying this as this is just information taken directly from their webpages, but apparently CAPA has made 440kW (590hp) out of the LY7 @ 11 boost with a Vortech T-trim kit. It is unclear if this is at the motor or at the wheels (they don't specify) and as to add more confusion... the dyno graph says HP instead of kW whereas all the other graphs say kW (yet the description says kW ). Some of their numbers may look low, but we need to remember the VZ V6 (LY7) started at ~175kW (235hp); the LLT starts at 227kW (304hp).

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine
http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_vzv6.htm
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

If it works on one version of the 3.6, it should bolt right up to the other. The addition of direct injection is an extra fuel pump and different location for the injectors, I don't think there is any other physical change. I do wonder about the capacity of that ultra high pressure pump though.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If it works on one version of the 3.6, it should bolt right up to the other. The addition of direct injection is an extra fuel pump and different location for the injectors, I don't think there is any other physical change. I do wonder about the capacity of that ultra high pressure pump though.
~1700psi.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Quote:
Hugely different packaging and castings. And a hugley different tune. There is a good article in the current newstand issue of Hot Rod on DI. Very promising.
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
~1700psi.
I was referring to the flow rate, not pressure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
Hugely different packaging and castings. And a hugley different tune. There is a good article in the current newstand issue of Hot Rod on DI. Very promising.
I knew it would have a different tune but a few electrons moved around inside the computer is hardly a physical change in my opinion. Different packaging, that's believable. Unexpected but believable. However the thing that gets me is that its a different casting as well? Never saw that one coming.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
I was referring to the flow rate, not pressure.

I knew it would have a different tune but a few electrons moved around inside the computer is hardly a physical change in my opinion. Different packaging, that's believable. Unexpected but believable. However the thing that gets me is that its a different casting as well? Never saw that one coming.
problem right now is no one even has the ability to move the electrons around in the computer.... and once they do I think there's going to be a fairly steep learning curve to tune the LLT for FI... I'm thinking someone's going to go through a couple of motors to get it right.... plumbing will be easy... it's the tuning that's going to be hard...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote