Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
dreyesforeal

Drives: 2013 camaro LFX
First transformers

Watched the first transformers for old times sake. Movie was a classic. Was into it like it was my first time watching. Shia in his prime days. Disturbia and the transformers trilogy.
Movie was fire tho
dreyesforeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:49 PM   #2
prod

Drives: HHR
Ya I just watched the first one again and I agree. Unfortunately the sequels went downhill from there...
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:07 AM   #3
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
I loved the first one... But I agree with you guys. The later ones were horrible. They always seem to have a excuse as to why they were bad.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:24 AM   #4
BadSport340

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS, 1973 Dart Sport 340
I was in 7th grade when that movie came out and I remember two things about it. 1.) Megan Fox was hot. 2.) I wanted a Camaro.

It was a cool movie and I think it was a great way to introduce the 5th gen to the masses.
BadSport340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:19 AM   #5
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
The first 20-30 minutes are good in all the movies...then its downhill from there, lol. All the movies were pretty much way over the top and then ends so quickly. Optimus Prime always gets beat up or disappears then comes back to win it all, lol.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:26 AM   #6
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
A magical movie moment for all, when BumbleBee went from the old one to the new one.

Then and there , I decided I would have a new one.
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:58 AM   #7
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
My general problem with the Michael Bay Transformers is that it focuses too much on humans and not enough of the robots. Contrast that with the cartoon Transformers the Movie which I saw in the theaters in 1986, which focused on the robots.
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:54 AM   #8
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
My general problem with the Michael Bay Transformers is that it focuses too much on humans and not enough of the robots. Contrast that with the cartoon Transformers the Movie which I saw in the theaters in 1986, which focused on the robots.
I agree............

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:10 AM   #9
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Over at Camaro6, some people were hoping the new movie would boost sales. This probably would not have been true regardless for multiple reasons. In any case, the newest movie car is so ridiculously ugly (pretty much the unanimous sentiment over on those forums), nobody really thinks it will foster too much interest from audiences. The car is unrecognizable as a Camaro.

The original Camaro concept in Transformers 1 is what really got me interested, as was the case for a lot of us. I think the original (pre refresh) 5th Gen will look good for years to come because of how simple but bold its body lines are. I still don't like my car referred to as Bumblebee or a robot though. Lol.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #10
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
^This. If Michael Bay had the capacity to capture the emotion of the original Transformers movie, the reboot(s) would have been much better. The robots is the original were abundantly more dynamic than the humans in the later films. Also Shia in his prime days? I guess anyone can have a prime period and still be uninspiring...
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #11
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Over at Camaro6, some people were hoping the new movie would boost sales. This probably would not have been true regardless for multiple reasons. In any case, the newest movie car is so ridiculously ugly (pretty much the unanimous sentiment over on those forums), nobody really thinks it will foster too much interest from audiences. The car is unrecognizable as a Camaro.

The original Camaro concept in Transformers 1 is what really got me interested, as was the case for a lot of us. I think the original (pre refresh) 5th Gen will look good for years to come because of how simple but bold its body lines are. I still don't like my car referred to as Bumblebee or a robot though. Lol.
Due to all the negative responses they received on the new Mustang and Camaro for the next Transformers, they have promised to tone both cars down. We'll see if that actually happens. What you have to remember about Michael Bay is that he's a functioning alcoholic. Sooner or later that shit catches up to a person.

even in the LAST movie GM did NOT like what Michael Bay did with the Camaro and made a brief statement that they would not be copying the movie Camaro for the new design. Michael Bay being who he is (an egomaniac) thought that GM would go along with his design for the movie, when they wouldn't, he had to tone THAT one down.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:18 PM   #12
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalmass View Post
Due to all the negative responses they received on the new Mustang and Camaro for the next Transformers, they have promised to tone both cars down.
That's good news, but where's the source? Photos were posted just yesterday showing that they've actually began filming with the car.

It's really not a secret that this movie is also aimed at product placement, at least partially. If you put bells and whistles on the product to the point where it isn't recognizable, I don't see the value. You may as well make Bumblebee a different make and model.

Whether you like the 6th gen or not, in fairness, it really deserves its time on screen to show off the new design, unadulterated. Either a ZL1 with subtle mods, or something like the 6LE designs Camaro where it's still recognizable but existing design elements are made more extreme.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:52 PM   #13
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
That's good news, but where's the source? Photos were posted just yesterday showing that they've actually began filming with the car.

It's really not a secret that this movie is also aimed at product placement, at least partially. If you put bells and whistles on the product to the point where it isn't recognizable, I don't see the value. You may as well make Bumblebee a different make and model.

Whether you like the 6th gen or not, in fairness, it really deserves its time on screen to show off the new design, unadulterated. Either a ZL1 with subtle mods, or something like the 6LE designs Camaro where it's still recognizable but existing design elements are made more extreme.
Supposedly it was made via a tweet by Michael Bay or one of his staffers. I believe they intended to get rid of the big ricer wings and tone down the front-ends on both vehicles for normal filming sequences. So who knows what they'll look like during action sequences.

These movies have always been based on product placement for GM. with Fords always being featured as the "bad guys". Personally, even with the Wing I think Barricade looks better. The mandibles on the Camaro make it look like the Predator had sex with a Camaro and produced that car.

At least this will be Michael Bay's last Transformer's movie. Hopefully they pass it off to someone a little less... Michael Bay.

Last edited by Criticalmass; 07-26-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #14
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Best Transformers movie (circa 1986)

Complete, here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b...xxo_shortfilms
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote