Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-16-2018, 10:31 PM   #15
Bandit63

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
tag into the iat sensor using a relay that will ground it when the nitrous is armed. set these iat values for something like -100 degrees. something that can never be achieved. pull your xx degrees out and there you have it. n/a timing and nitrous timing, all one tune
Thanks, I’ll talk to my tuner about it
Old 11-16-2018, 11:01 PM   #16
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
I don't swap out tunes. I believe my timing was retarded 5 degrees for the 125 shot. The car drives fine with the nitrous tune on the street.

Yes...…. you will not have maximum performance on the street due to the timing being retarded, but your not doing hard launches, WOT pulls, or using nitrous on the street (at least I hope your not), so the loss from the timing being retarded won't make any difference for normal driving.
Why would you want your car to be tuned for the way you drive 1% of the time?

Op just get the lnc2000
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:05 AM   #17
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roader View Post
Why would you want your car to be tuned for the way you drive 1% of the time?

Op just get the lnc2000
Completely agree - why run around with gutted WOT timing all the time, when you' don't have to. It's not as if the LNC is wildly expensive. It should be just a part of your total cost of doing nitrous, as should a window switch and low fuel pressure switch.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:53 PM   #18
Bandit63

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Completely agree - why run around with gutted WOT timing all the time, when you' don't have to. It's not as if the LNC is wildly expensive. It should be just a part of your total cost of doing nitrous, as should a window switch and low fuel pressure switch.
Think I’m going with the LNC.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:19 PM   #19
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Vengeance Racing Mast Black Label LS7 Headed 416

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote