Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 06-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #29
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
It was great to see everyone today, feels pretty cool to have my car in the same line up with all of yours.
Special thanks to Diana for the Topes tickets, we just got back and had a real good time, seats were front row behind home plate, can't beat that. Even broke down and drove the Camaro, it's all good, no dents!!!!!!
Thanks again and everyone be safe. Rich!
rharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #30
cjingle

Drives: 1969 Camaro RS, 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Yet another great Albuquerque Meet and Greet!

Especially, in this heat wave (over 100 deg)!

We had a great time. Old faces, new faces and more Camaros!

Here are some pictures. I think I was able to get everyone's Camaro. If I've counted correctly, I think we had 14 cars. Good Show

Enjoy!

Curt

I'll be posting information on the next "official" SMS Track Day soon. See you then.
Attached Images

cjingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #31
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Awesome Pics. Someone was saying we should go on cruise next time. I agree!
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #32
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
I think we definitely need to do a cruise!!!! Come on guys and gals...lets come up with some ideas!!! I have mentionsed the cruise down through down town and then around the square in old town! Lets give those tourists something to see! Then we can all park over at the Hotel Albuquerque and go some where to get something to drink or eat! Or just head on home....but the rumble would be great to hear through down down...you know going all slow and stuff! Get some ideas together and let plan it! Hey, the next monthly meet would wind up on July 4th...Sorry but I will be out in Phoenix, soaking in the heat...we won't be headed back until the 5th....do we want to move it forward to the 11th?
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #33
Bethgrce

Great Pics Curt! I always forget to bring my camara! It was great to see some new faces and of course the old ones too!
I will work on that shirt order tomorrow and email everyone the details on final costs..I thought they looked like they would turn out pretty nice! Can't wait to see them done! We will look awesome in our shirts that match our cars!!! Damn my husband for thinking about it! I just wish I had thought of it!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #34
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethgrce View Post
I think we definitely need to do a cruise!!!! Come on guys and gals...lets come up with some ideas!!! I have mentionsed the cruise down through down town and then around the square in old town! Lets give those tourists something to see! Then we can all park over at the Hotel Albuquerque and go some where to get something to drink or eat! Or just head on home....but the rumble would be great to hear through down down...you know going all slow and stuff! Get some ideas together and let plan it! Hey, the next monthly meet would wind up on July 4th...Sorry but I will be out in Phoenix, soaking in the heat...we won't be headed back until the 5th....do we want to move it forward to the 11th?
I'm in on a cruise.

I'm actually shocked you'd wanna go on a "short-slow" cruise through Downtown....lol

I thought that Larry (Hellboy...sold my SS for a Hemi Dodge Truck Larry) had a good idea about the Jemez cruise.

We could go up to Jemez Springs, hit a lunch session up, and cruise back down.

A bunch of spirited curves on the way up and down, the Soda Dam is always pretty cool when the water is flowing...???

Another idea, not quite as inhabited is the "Bike Loop."

I25 East to Moriarity, south on 41 Through Estancia into Willard...(where there are some cool dives/bars/places to eat and refresh)..west on 60 to "San Francisco"/I-25. (Just south of Belen) and then Back North on 25 to Albuquerque.

The latter is a very cool ride and very open........Definitely an opportunity to open 'er up a little. Within the speed limits of course.

Couple of ideas to throw out there if everyone is serious about a little outting in the Camaros!

SMS Track day looks like it's a go on June 19th (Pending confirmation by CJingle)...then the Motiva Sponsored Drag Night at ABQ Dragway on the evening of the 25th.

We can plan around those dates so that we don't have too much/little interfering.

Game on guys and gals,
Ivan

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4G...N&hl=en&tab=wl
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #35
cjingle

Drives: 1969 Camaro RS, 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Cruise idea: meet at Hotel ABQ, cruise route 66 (Central), up through the Canyon on the frontage road, up thorugh Cedar Crest, then onto Madrid stopping there for lunch. Do a little tourist stuff, then off to I-25. Some could go onto Santa Fe and/or head back to ABQ.

Yes, the SMS Track Day for June 19th is on!! I'll start another thread.

Enjoy!

Curt
cjingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #36
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Nice those ideas all sound pretty good . I would love to meet up for a cruise. They are so much fun and it is a great time to get pics.
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #37
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjingle View Post
Cruise idea: meet at Hotel ABQ, cruise route 66 (Central), up through the Canyon on the frontage road, up thorugh Cedar Crest, then onto Madrid stopping there for lunch. Do a little tourist stuff, then off to I-25. Some could go onto Santa Fe and/or head back to ABQ.

Yes, the SMS Track Day for June 19th is on!! I'll start another thread.

Enjoy!

Curt
I think you and I actually talked briefly about this idea....I like this "Tour" much better than my other ideas. Madrid is a great lunch spot and it's plenty open out that way as well!!

I'm a go for that idea! Between the "new" track day, the Drag night on the 25th, and the next Monthly M&G on the 3rd, we look active as all get out.

When should we plan this event?? How about on the 3rd instead of the usual Dos meet??

Ideas?? Opinions?? Any body on probation that keeps them from doing this??

-Ivan
Old 06-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #38
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I really like the Madrid cruise idea, but I think we really need to move the date. I know we will be out of town for the 4th of July weekend too. You're welcome Rich on the Isotopes tickets. I just hope you didn't have any foul tips scare you or knock your beer out of your cup holder LOL. Curt, AWESOME pics, I'm glad someone remembered their camera. I loved seeing your 69 camaro this morning too by the way!
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood

Last edited by 2010 BADSS; 06-08-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: sp
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #39
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post
I really like the Madrid cruise idea, but I think we really need to move the date. I know we will be out of town for the 4th of July weekend too. You're welcome Rich on the Isotopes tickets. I just hope you didn't have any foul tips scare you or knock your beer out of your cup holder LOL. Curt, AWESOME pics, I'm glad someone remembered their camera. I loved seeing your 69 camaro this morning too by the way!
Take more than a foul ball to make me spill a beer. Lol
rharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #40
Bethgrce

The Madrid cruise sounds great! I'm with Diane in that we have to plan this one....we will be gone over the 4th as well....so maybe later on in July. See you all soon!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #41
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethgrce View Post
The Madrid cruise sounds great! I'm with Diane in that we have to plan this one....we will be gone over the 4th as well....so maybe later on in July. See you all soon!
How's July 11th sound since we'll have a few people out the weekend of the 4th??

Any objections??
Ivan
Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #42
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Sounds good to me, even my wife said she would go, vary rare!! Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!