Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2023, 08:53 AM   #43
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Great thread!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 09:13 AM   #44
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
I love that hood scoop. Was it ever a production thing or just on the prototype? I don't think I've seen one like it before.
That evolved into the mail slot on the ‘10-13’ SS cars.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 09:32 AM   #45
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
I think that Bumblebee was from Transformers 2...the first Transformers only had the regular hood/mailslot and "bumblebee stripes". If I remember correctly, the first Bumblebee was built on a GTO because the Camaro wasn't in production yet.

I forget which company made a replica of that hood. It may have been Showstopper Accessories? Here's a photo I saved at some point while trying to decide which direction to go with the look for my car.

Name:  2016-08-31_18-37-49.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  471.1 KB

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 11:52 AM   #46
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
In 2009 I had just moved to US at ripe age of 11 so I was probably one of the kids yelling "bumblebee" at the camaros around that time, so most of what I know of early days is secondhand. That being said one thing I learned about not long ago was that in 2011 GM had an SSX concept car that took a regular Camaro and reimagined it as a track car (new aero, dry sump, carbon fiber hood and panels, roll cage, 6 piston front brakes and so on) it started the whole performance part thing GM offered later on and was refined later with the ZL1, the Z\28, and even the 1le to an extent, it was a cool concept that had ripples throighout the whole gen. Feels like that whole concept car is forgotten by a lot of people.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2023, 03:08 PM   #47
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Full disclosure: I was completely UNIMPRESSED when the 5th Gen first came out. The retro Mustangs were barely tolerable and the Challengers were just an insult to the original E body design. I figured this was a case of monkey see monkey do for gm (formerly GM). It took a few years for the design to grow on me and then a fellow at work showed up with a black '14 SS/RS. With the new front fascia and cool refresh tail lights (especially the RS) I decided to jump into my 2LS before they rolled out the yet "unknown" 6th Gen. Oh so glad I did. Liked my 1st one so much I bought another!
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2023, 11:37 PM   #48
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
That evolved into the mail slot on the ‘10-13’ SS cars.
Ah ok. Not that I am against the wonderful mail slot on my 13 SS/RS, but damn, I think that scoop looks pretty bad ass.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:38 PM   #49
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddymel1998 View Post
In 2009 I had just moved to US at ripe age of 11 so I was probably one of the kids yelling "bumblebee" at the camaros around that time, so most of what I know of early days is secondhand. That being said one thing I learned about not long ago was that in 2011 GM had an SSX concept car that took a regular Camaro and reimagined it as a track car (new aero, dry sump, carbon fiber hood and panels, roll cage, 6 piston front brakes and so on) it started the whole performance part thing GM offered later on and was refined later with the ZL1, the Z\28, and even the 1le to an extent, it was a cool concept that had ripples throighout the whole gen. Feels like that whole concept car is forgotten by a lot of people.
It's a beautiful thing!
Old 08-17-2023, 11:38 PM   #50
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I think that Bumblebee was from Transformers 2...the first Transformers only had the regular hood/mailslot and "bumblebee stripes". If I remember correctly, the first Bumblebee was built on a GTO because the Camaro wasn't in production yet.

I forget which company made a replica of that hood. It may have been Showstopper Accessories? Here's a photo I saved at some point while trying to decide which direction to go with the look for my car.

Attachment 1134151
Damn that's so bad ass looking. Love that hood.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:45 PM   #51
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Full disclosure: I was completely UNIMPRESSED when the 5th Gen first came out. The retro Mustangs were barely tolerable and the Challengers were just an insult to the original E body design. I figured this was a case of monkey see monkey do for gm (formerly GM). It took a few years for the design to grow on me and then a fellow at work showed up with a black '14 SS/RS. With the new front fascia and cool refresh tail lights (especially the RS) I decided to jump into my 2LS before they rolled out the yet "unknown" 6th Gen. Oh so glad I did. Liked my 1st one so much I bought another!
I enjoyed my 09 Mustang GT but was really disappointed in the Challengers. As you said, an insult to the originals.

But dang, that 5th Gen...I loved it when I first saw it. But like you, I really liked the tail light treatment the '14s and '15s got, not to mention the functional air intake on the hood. I love that feature.

I love walking up to my garage when the door is open and seeing the back end of both cars. They both have so much to offer, design-wise.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2023, 09:40 AM   #52
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
If I remember correctly, the first Bumblebee was built on a GTO because the Camaro wasn't in production yet.

The vehicle used body panels made from the same molds that were used for the 2006 Camaro Concept.
The body was fit to a chassis of a Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO.
Platform V-body/GMX281.

Movie release June 10, 2007.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 09:59 AM   #53
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Transformers (2007)
There were a number of differences between Bumblebee and the Camaro
Concept.
• Mirrors
• Side quarter lines
• Fuel Cap location
• Front Fascia
• Rear lights after burner
• Side Markers
• Bowties
• Door Handles
• Wheels

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
Bumblebee introduced as a Camaro based on a 2010 Production vehicle, with a range of differences.
• Mirrors
• Fuel Cap location
• Front Fascia w/ splitter and fog lights
• Hood
• Window Tinting
• Side Markers
• Bowties
• Door handles
• Wheels
• Non-RS Headlights

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)
2012 production Camaro with some differences.
• Mirrors
• Fuel Cap location
• Front Fascia w/ splitter and fog lights
• Side Rockers and rear quarter inlet
• Hood
• Window Tinting
• Side Markers
• Bowties
• Door handles
• High Rise Spoiler
• Wheels
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 10:10 PM   #54
Aqua Blue RS/SS

I happened upon these on the 67-72chevytrucks site of all places. One of the guys there helped in the development of the 5th Gen cars.
Attached Images

ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 01-26-2024, 10:18 PM   #55
Aqua Blue RS/SS

They kinda posted from my phone out of order but the original post can be seen here.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=718387&page=2
Old 01-27-2024, 02:20 AM   #56
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:

Attachment 1134151
WoW Bee, beautiful CamaroGen5!!!