Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #967
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm not sure if someone hasn't pointed this out yet but isn't the 2012 the first set and weren't they limited? As in a certain number was produced making the particular vehicle in question of greater value? I swore I heard only 2000 produced first year. Again I could be wrong but if I'm not then the car holds a little more then just another mass produced Camaro. I do see it as if this is the case then a car of equal value or more won't hold up as good or satisfying to the Hoopers. If the car was numbered and they took care of the way they did it holds great sentimental value and just value period. You can't replace a first year vehicle that was numbered with limited production even with a brand new 14 comparably equipped. The fact their car was wrecked was the open wound in their side and then the dealership saying it was an ex employee and making minimal effort? Salt in the wound. It sounds like if they wanted something out of it they would be WAY more aggressive. I think the lawyer and gm are working for them and they are still in shock that their car was destroyed. If someone has a little more input on first year zl1s please enlighten me cause I would personally like to know if they where limited. Then it justifies my point.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #968
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post
Well first of all, I have my cars insured for an agreed amount with my classic car insurance co. I did not say he wasn't entitled to get a replacement vehicle. I stated he is not entitled to any more than what his car was worth when the incident occurred .
Now I do have an issue on the way it was handled. The dealer gave him a loaner car while HIS insurance co, Geico was trying to get a solution. Then the OP decides to go to the media and blow this situation to his favor. Well that little episode backfired. Now the rub.. the owner KNEW this would happen because he has written books and knows of the confidentuality (SP) between clients. Owner wanted an upper hand for negotiations. Well that failed. The dealer got upset of the media exposure , in which I don't blame them. So the ball is in the owners hands. He can take the deal, negotiate another if the insurance co accepts or go to arbitration with HIS insurance co. Fighting your own insurance co. should get interesting. And if you are wondering who was buying the replacement vehicle... the insurance co. Not the dealership. I like their commercials ..

You do realize you sound like an idiot right? The original poster had no intentions to "get the upper hand". The poster simply posted an experience that was handled poorly. The dealership I bought my car from didn't catch major parts that where broken on it and I posted about it on here just explaining an experience. People do this everyday. The magnitude of tho situation gained enough attention and care do to the people on this forum posting and talking about it. Not the original poster. He has had very little to say. Someone whom wants attention would be on here with the rest of us combating and stating his two cents. He has rarely posted since. The situation is horrible and the dealership will be the ones to hurt. They screwed up. And you know damn well gm is doing something but it won't be going public to any of us anytime soon.

You are assuming GM is doing something. OP tried to upset the applecart to get GM involved and the media for sympathy because his car was destroyed. He couldn't let well enough alone while negotiations were being done with his insurance co. while the dealership gave him a loaner car. He back stabbed the dealership and GM bringing this story to the media. He back stabbed anyone who is associated with GM. Yet some of you think this is right. I sure the hell don't. He tarnished all of GM. That one dealer doesn't operate any different than any other dealer. Yet he THINKS the public is going to demand something more than he is entitled to. I think not. What he done was make an ass out of himself to the world. He wasn't man enough to let it go and work one on one with his insurance co. but looking for a reason for making a name for himself. Boo hoo hoo. His big problem is HIS insurance co. That has nothing to do with the dealership. HIS insurance co. picked the car in which they wanted to make the settlement. Geico isn't going to get him a new car. They may buy him another, or tell him that is all they offer . Bank on it.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #969
Mcarltonjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post

You are assuming GM is doing something. OP tried to upset the applecart to get GM involved and the media for sympathy because his car was destroyed. He couldn't let well enough alone while negotiations were being done with his insurance co. while the dealership gave him a loaner car. He back stabbed the dealership and GM bringing this story to the media. He back stabbed anyone who is associated with GM. Yet some of you think this is right. I sure the hell don't. He tarnished all of GM. That one dealer doesn't operate any different than any other dealer. Yet he THINKS the public is going to demand something more than he is entitled to. I think not. What he done was make an ass out of himself to the world. He wasn't man enough to let it go and work one on one with his insurance co. but looking for a reason for making a name for himself. Boo hoo hoo. His big problem is HIS insurance co. That has nothing to do with the dealership. HIS insurance co. picked the car in which they wanted to make the settlement. Geico isn't going to get him a new car. They may buy him another, or tell him that is all they offer . Bank on it.
What part of he posted on here and this forum pushed it out further do you not understand? This forum has been sited on almost every major source. Not the Hoopers going to them. Reading is something you lack isn't it?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:18 AM   #970
Mcarltonjr

Quote:

Are you stupid? Who posted the thread to make it go viral?
I believe this is where this comes into play?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #971
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post

What part of he posted on here and this forum pushed it out further do you not understand? This forum has been sited on almost every major source. Not the Hoopers going to them. Reading is something you lack isn't it?

Kinda ironic that the OP of the thread is from Delaware huh? In fact according to map it.. less than 10 mile away from the dealership
Old 01-12-2014, 08:25 AM   #972
eodtech72
EOD

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Reading is fundamental

Obviously you can't or haven't bothered to read what has been posted about this situation. Go back and read what the dealer told him initially. Then read that they changed there tune and offered to "make it right" by SELLING Mr. Hooper a 2-owner, previously damaged vehicle documented on the Carfax that they wouldn't provide and not all original condition with more miles and options he didn't want. What dealership doesn't provide Carfax reports these days? Yeah, the kind trying to hide something....
The guy just wants a replacement that is comparable to the one THE DEALER is responsible for being destroyed. That has not been offered yet. And finally, why would the car owner have to make a claim on his insurance? The dealer's insurance should be the only ones paying for this and again that seems to not have happened yet either.

Good luck OP

Quote:

Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #973
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eodtech72 View Post
Obviously you can't or haven't bothered to read what has been posted about this situation. Go back and read what the dealer told him initially. Then read that they changed there tune and offered to "make it right" by SELLING Mr. Hooper a 2-owner, previously damaged vehicle documented on the Carfax that they wouldn't provide and not all original condition with more miles and options he didn't want. What dealership doesn't provide Carfax reports these days? Yeah, the kind trying to hide something....
The guy just wants a replacement that is comparable to the one THE DEALER is responsible for being destroyed. That has not been offered yet. And finally, why would the car owner have to make a claim on his insurance? The dealer's insurance should be the only ones paying for this and again that seems to not have happened yet either.

Good luck OP

I have no clue what you read but Gieco offered the deal and the dealership offered to kick in an additional 4k. I don't know if the dealership had this car in stock the geico purchased or not, or if the dealership got on the locator and found him one . Usually the insurance co.s will work with dealerships to find one.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #974
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:

You're missing the part where he entrusted his car to the care of the dealer and the dealers response to their employee "stealing" and wrecking the car is "call your insurance company and we'll throw in 4k for your trouble".

It doesn't matter what the insurance company says or what the fine print of the law says.
The OP should not be paying money to get back where he was after the dealers incredible poor oversight of the dealership and the employee with special permission to access the lot on his day off.

I say permission because it was mentioned the guy had asked to retrieve a personal item. Either he had a key or someone with a key let him in. Either way, the dealer facilitated it through poor judgment.

If the attitude you have expressed were to be expressed as a shared attitude of gm, they can have my car back. I'd rather drive something that never involves paperwork or money going into their hands from that time forward.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #975
HmBuilder2

Drives: 2014 RRM 2LT RS
Seeing how everyone is saying he can just take the insurance offer of 44K, And have the dealer eat the difference on a new car, People need to remember the op had his car financed,

Hence the insurance payment would go to the lien holder not the op. At which time the op is still on the hook for any balance due on the original car loan. now once all that was said and done, The op may have to take out another car loan at a higher payment, due to the fact that they do not have the two cars they traded to get their ZL1,

So Yes I do think that the dealer should just stand up and do the right thing,
Old 01-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #976
Mcarltonjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerJPowell View Post
You're missing the part where he entrusted his car to the care of the dealer and the dealers response to their employee "stealing" and wrecking the car is "call your insurance company and we'll throw in 4k for your trouble".

It doesn't matter what the insurance company says or what the fine print of the law says.
The OP should not be paying money to get back where he was after the dealers incredible poor oversight of the dealership and the employee with special permission to access the lot on his day off.

I say permission because it was mentioned the guy had asked to retrieve a personal item. Either he had a key or someone with a key let him in. Either way, the dealer facilitated it through poor judgment.

If the attitude you have expressed were to be expressed as a shared attitude of gm, they can have my car back. I'd rather drive something that never involves paperwork or money going into their hands from that time forward.
100% correct. Plus why would gm post on this forum with this severe of an issue? This is something of a scale beyond someone being pissed off over a warranty issue. Gm is going to take proper action and not come on to a forum to share what they are doing. Not for something of this magnitude. Granted I believe one poster and I can't say his username because I'm some what new but he has stated on here gm is talking to the Hoopers.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #977
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
I think people are too quick to judge Mr. Hooper. After reading through the posts and some of the complaints about Mr. Hooper going to the media we should all remember that Mr. Hooper that came to the community and asked for assistance and advice from the community. Several of the members here told him to go to the media about his treatment. Are we to vilify him now because he followed that advice? I have seen several people complain because he would not accept the dealer's offer. If he is not happy with what they offered, who is anyone here to judge. He has to live with the vehicle, while none of us do.

People always say that they will react one way or another when faced with the same situation but in reality, none of us knows how we would really react if faced with the same situation.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #978
Hall of Fame

Wow... Basics... The dealership is NOT responsible for the car being stolen. Period. I just wonder how many folks have seen those signs at the dealerships... NOT Responsible for stolen items in your vehicles. This car was stolen, incident report given thru the police and it is an insurance claim with the owners insurance co. Period. How this got blown out of reality is beyond me. His insurance co. is the one to watch.. Do they settle reasonable? As far as the dealer being punished with all the negative publicity.. Unbelievable. Folks taking the wrong road to punish them. They had no more clue their employee would do this than I would if one of my tenants became a mass murderer. However since I was ran thru the wringer by bad press, my offer of 4k to the guy is well well well off the table. I have to service his vehicle as a GM dealer.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #979
David O

Drives: 78
Read on another site all this started over an employee wanting access to a $5.00 car charger.
How the hell does the dealership management not own up to their mistake!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #980
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Quote:
I just wonder how many folks have seen those signs at the dealerships... NOT Responsible for stolen items in your vehicles.
Unless I missed something I do not think we are talking about a stolen IPOD.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1