Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-29-2017, 10:02 PM   #43
curtislowerussell

Drives: 2016 Black 2 SS/ 2017 ZL1 Yellow
That's the same as mine, right front looks like it didn't get adhesive.
curtislowerussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:34 PM   #44
speedraider

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtislowerussell View Post
That's the same as mine, right front looks like it didn't get adhesive.
What part of Vegas are you in. I'm over by Red Rock
speedraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:53 PM   #45
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
Oh Man, I have a headliner that is short too on my new ZL1 1LE. Have had it two days.

I am planning having the headliner removed or pulled down during detailing the tape to wire in a permanent radar detector line that will come out the front of the headliner.
No way do I want my windshield removed.

I also have a suede edge on the left side of the center console that is not tucked under the plastic center console. Its just flapped over it and laying loose. I am hoping that is a simple fix of removing a panel and tucking in the suede. I hope they do not just glue it down.

The car is fantastic in almost everything except for the finest of build details. Then you notice a little slop.
I hate the felt flat area above the glove box. Would rather have a carbon fiber piece there but I do not think available for a 2018 yet.
Otherwise, all seems even. Not matching in width all over car but even.
Front white on bumper not same as front white on metal fender either. Its a little different as it is on all chevy products I hear.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:14 AM   #46
ssrallyred

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut2006 View Post
Probably the first GM vehicle I've owned that I haven't found a factory flaw with.

Same here thus far. I bought mine a week ago and drove it straight home. 11 hours. I have been all over the car the past week and can find nothing wrong. On the way home I did have a annoying buzz that turned out to be the chrome bezel on the AC vent left of the steering wheel.

It just was not "snapped" in all the way. That's been it so far. 800 miles now.
ssrallyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #47
Stress

Drives: BMW
This thread saved me some grief:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedraider View Post
Picked up my ZL1 last Friday and noticed the headliner was cut too short, so Chevy dealer ordered one. They also had to order a new windshield, they said the windshields break when removing the headliner, I just laughed. Then today i'm applying ceramic coating to the wheels and noticed how bad the paint runs were on a few of the wheels. I text my salesman the pictures and he said they will replace the wheels when I get the headliner done. Anyone else have these problems?

Thank you to speedraider for the pictures and the other posts regarding the headliner issue. I went to George Chevrolet, cashiers check in hand, to purchase a ZL1 they have in stock. The headliner in that car looked exactly like the picture posted by speedraider. I would likely not have seen this detail until having brought the car home had you guys not posted about this. The sales manager said that they would "stretch the headliner and glue it to the roof." He said they would not replace it, but only "stretch and glue it". Needless to say, I did not purchase that car.
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #48
speedraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress View Post
Thank you to speedraider for the pictures and the other posts regarding the headliner issue. I went to George Chevrolet, cashiers check in hand, to purchase a ZL1 they have in stock. The headliner in that car looked exactly like the picture posted by speedraider. I would likely not have seen this detail until having brought the car home had you guys not posted about this. The sales manager said that they would "stretch the headliner and glue it to the roof." He said they would not replace it, but only "stretch and glue it". Needless to say, I did not purchase that car.
He is lying to you. The headliners have to be replaced. Tell him they are not stretching carpet in a house for fck sake. If Chevrolet had some common sense , they would come out with an oversized door seal that would extend a quarter inch to cover the short headliner. Sure would save them a lot of money and time.

Last edited by speedraider; 08-04-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #49
speedraider

I just dropped my car off again at a different dealer, The hood latch that they fixed the 1st time. Yeah, the hood sits about a quarter of an inch lower than the top of the front bumper and I also noticed that the heads up display bezel on the left side sticks up on the left side while the right side sits flush with the dash. I wonder if they will have to pull the windshield again to fix that. I'll find out in a few hours I guess.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #50
Stress

Drives: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedraider View Post
He is lying to you. The headliners have to be replaced. Tell him they are not stretching carpet in a house for fck sake. If Chevrolet had some common sense , they would come out with an oversized door seal that would extend a quarter inch to cover the short headliner. Sure would save them a lot of money and time.
I am grateful you posted that picture so I knew what to look for regarding the headliner. I'm sure that dealer will try to hide the problem with some glue and sell the car to the next guy.

I went over to Montebello Chevrolet, immediately after, and the headliner on their ZL1 was perfect. All the body seams and panels looked good as well. Thought I would be buying that car, but then I noticed an egg-shaped dent in the driver’s side A pillar that will likely require pulling the windshield to repair. Hopefully, I find one these ZL1s without issues soon.
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #51
speedraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress View Post
I am grateful you posted that picture so I knew what to look for regarding the headliner. I'm sure that dealer will try to hide the problem with some glue and sell the car to the next guy.

I went over to Montebello Chevrolet, immediately after, and the headliner on their ZL1 was perfect. All the body seams and panels looked good as well. Thought I would be buying that car, but then I noticed an egg-shaped dent in the driver’s side A pillar that will likely require pulling the windshield to repair. Hopefully, I find one these ZL1s without issues soon.
Unreal, you will find the right one for you. My z06 was a POS too. I just dumped it.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:45 PM   #52
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
My roof has a big dirt nib in it between the clear and paint. Rather leave it there than have it fixed honestly.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #53
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtislowerussell View Post
Headliner here too. I also was told they would break the windshield. UGH
What's worse than breaking the windshield, is that some hack is going to gouge the heck out of the paint in the adhesive trough, when cutting the windshield out. Then you'll have rust migrating out in year.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #54
JustDo1nMe

Drives: 2018 ZL1
How many owners actually have the headliner issue? My 18 is scheduled to be built 8/7 hoping it doesnt have that issue :/
JustDo1nMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #55
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
I can't believe they still have these issues after two model years. Rediculous.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #56
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
Would rather have a carbon fiber piece there but I do not think available for a 2018 yet.
ThatGMPartsGuy.com (actually a Chevy dealer right up the road from me) should have them when they're off backorder.

https://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/inter...-trim-84367305

Planning on getting one myself.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote