Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

Old 12-18-2017, 10:42 AM   #15
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCreep View Post
What constitutes "modified" for the V6 class? Thanks.
Typically bolt-ons and tune so things like LT's HFCs etc. but I heard mention through that group that they'd prefer it be FI/Nitrous as the benchmark for modified as the bolt-on guys and girls aren't gonna run to ridiculously faster then one another.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #16
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Last year I qualified for bracket & V6 but they refused to wait for me to hot lap back to run brackets after my V6 run. They said I had to choose which to run but that if I could make it back they would see. Would have just amounted to a couple minutes but when I came right back they were already running. Really sad. I just wanted to make at least one run in bracket.

I would again like to try to run V6 & bracket.
I think mike is really getting out ahead of the planning this year to resolve these types of issues from last year we can only help him with polite suggestions. He's always been a good listener if what is said makes sense.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #17
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
I’ll probably just run test n tune like I did last fest. Us folks in the verts don’t stand much of a chance. I was in modified with many others that were cammed and had no chance in bracket racing. Best was just test n tune to go heads up with some friends.

Last fest tech took forever and was wondering what happened but at least we will have our cards when we get our wristbands. Maybe have extra cards at the track cause you know some people magically lose them within 12 hours.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #18
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I know. That is why the comment.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
Last year I was in super mod with a stock ZL1. I probably won't make it this year, but it would be nice to have a stock ZL1 class.
I agree... we ran out of time last year to get this one in. Will try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Last year I qualified for bracket & V6 but they refused to wait for me to hot lap back to run brackets after my V6 run. They said I had to choose which to run but that if I could make it back they would see. Would have just amounted to a couple minutes but when I came right back they were already running. Really sad. I just wanted to make at least one run in bracket.

I would again like to try to run V6 & bracket.
No idea how this could possibly happen unless you drove back to the parking area first.
Merc will be running things this year and we will spread things out as much as possible. Just keep him informed of where you are at.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:26 AM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
I’ll probably just run test n tune like I did last fest. Us folks in the verts don’t stand much of a chance. I was in modified with many others that were cammed and had no chance in bracket racing. Best was just test n tune to go heads up with some friends.

Last fest tech took forever and was wondering what happened but at least we will have our cards when we get our wristbands. Maybe have extra cards at the track cause you know some people magically lose them within 12 hours.
I explained in my last post. The track thought we already had the tech cards and their guy didn't show up early so we could get them from him so we waited. It did make for a good place to do the morning drag meeting so lesson learned for sure.
This time you will get a card with your wrist band and already have it filled out and ready to go.

Track goes hot at 9 and we indent to start test and tune right off..

Not sure I understand your comment about bracket racing. Any car has equal chances there even a Ford. Consistent times with a good dial in plus a perfect launch will get you a win almost every time.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #21
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I agree... we ran out of time last year to get this one in. Will try again.

No idea how this could possibly happen unless you drove back to the parking area first. Not sure who they is either. Merc will be running things this year and we will spread things out as much as possible. Just keep him informed of where you are at.
"They" referred to the guy running the staging area & No, I came directly back to the lanes.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #22
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I didnt mind the wait in line. Got to meet more people and helped a few get their car ready in line.

Name:  20170714_082907.jpg
Views: 1891
Size:  249.2 KB
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:01 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
I didnt mind the wait in line. Got to meet more people and helped a few get their car ready in line.

Attachment 911730
It actually was a cool lineup that morning.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #24
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post

Attachment 911730
There I am all off in the background all lonely lol
Old 12-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #25
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
To add to the confusion last year, I did the autocross on Friday and it was very confusing on where I was supposed to go as I lined up with everyone in the drag racing line. As we were all waiting I noticed across the way the autocross course and by the time I realized it I was late for the drivers meeting. Cheryl and I agreed that a couple of signs as you enter the race track would be very beneficial.
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #26
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Ill be in the Class 2: Stock SS Camaros. Thanks! And somehow I missed the Bracket Racing last year... But then again I may have been autocrossing and didnt hear the announcement... Looking forward to racing a V8 this time, been a V6'r for 4 years now and I will miss racing in that class. Looking forward to seeing how the new rig does...
Old 12-18-2017, 04:50 PM   #27
PowerCreep

Drives: '14 SS 509.5 RWHP
I've never drag raced (officially, haha) on a track. This will be something open to everyone willing to pay; I presume?
Not drag related...also, will there be any organized point a-b cruises or are those just set up by the folks there?
PowerCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCreep View Post
I've never drag raced (officially, haha) on a track. This will be something open to everyone willing to pay; I presume?
Not drag related...also, will there be any organized point a-b cruises or are those just set up by the folks there?
This is the perfect setting for a 1st timer. Plenty of friends to help out and give pointers.

As far as a cruise... last year we did one to Mammoth Cave on Sunday. Stay tuned for Sunday activities.

Since you are in Little Rock you should stay tuned with the Texas CamaroVan and jump in with them on their way through to Bowling Green. The Houston Camaro Club always stops there for lunch.