Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-09-2019, 08:44 PM   #337
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
What is this place coming too?

Pics of wife

Bad ass build sir. Good luck getting it ironed out.
Here ya go, she's clearly the better looking of the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I'm just a stalker here, but wow, can't wait to see the bugs worked out.

And super congrats on getting married!!! Best wishes to you both.

Thank you both! Hoping this last little bit is all that needs straightened out. Like what else can go wrong?
Attached Images

12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:45 AM   #338
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
Here ya go, she's clearly the better looking of the two
HAHA congrats on both and yes I know what you mean. I've always suffered from the same thing.....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #339
ttshovel

Gonna pull the trans out tomorrow. Ordered the Jake's performance th400 billet valvebody, bte deep pan, mmr converter dump valve, and jw performance ls ultrabell. Gonna take the trans to him next weekend and pray it has an aluminum drum in it. I am counting on it to be a stock drum though lol
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel

Last edited by ttshovel; 07-14-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:16 PM   #340
ttshovel

Okay so trans was worse than initially anticipated. Burnt clutches, stock drum, shafts and everything. Kinda sucks but it is what it is. Not going to use the Jake's valvebody, instead use an extreme automatics(griner) which uses an internal solenoid vs the Jake's external. Also putting in a bte aluminum drum with pro mod sprag, new clutches, installing a regulator for the converter charge pressure. Were going to reuse the stock shafts for now and I'll upgrade those next refresh.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #341
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Okay so trans was worse than initially anticipated. Burnt clutches, stock drum, shafts and everything. Kinda sucks but it is what it is. Not going to use the Jake's valvebody, instead use an extreme automatics(griner) which uses an internal solenoid vs the Jake's external. Also putting in a bte aluminum drum with pro mod sprag, new clutches, installing a regulator for the converter charge pressure. Were going to reuse the stock shafts for now and I'll upgrade those next refresh.
What trans were your running and who was it built by?

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-21-2019, 12:29 PM   #342
ttshovel

Quote:
What trans were your running and who was it built by?
Th400, it was a local guy that I bought it from years ago. Worked well behind that, but this not so much.

This guy builds all the ohio grudge cars trans, so I'm not in the least bit worried about it holding up now.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:51 AM   #343
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Th400, it was a local guy that I bought it from years ago. Worked well behind that, but this not so much.

This guy builds all the ohio grudge cars trans, so I'm not in the least bit worried about it holding up now.
Was just wondering. The way you made things sound it was like you paid for something built, and when it took a crap and was pulled apart, stock "things" were found inside. Wouldn't have been the first I've heard of this.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-22-2019, 12:40 PM   #344
ttshovel

Quote:
Was just wondering. The way you made things sound it was like you paid for something built, and when it took a crap and was pulled apart, stock "things" were found inside. Wouldn't have been the first I've heard of this.
When I bought it years ago it was sold to me as a "built" trans and sad to say I gave good money for it. The guy now has a reputation years later for doing this. Honestly surprised it held on the dyno after knowing what exactly is in it
Old 07-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #345
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
When I bought it years ago it was sold to me as a "built" trans and sad to say I gave good money for it. The guy now has a reputation years later for doing this. Honestly surprised it held on the dyno after knowing what exactly is in it
That sucks. Sorry to hear but seems to happen sometimes. No way to ever know unless you pull it apart.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #346
ttshovel

Got the converter opened up and cleaned out. Full of friction material. Trans guy said the sun gear was installed upside down by previous builder and that the case was pretty worn internally in a few spots.

He had a core sitting there that had a 8 bolt front pump over the 6 bolt I had which is what I'm going to since the ultra bell mounts off those bolts. Said trans will be ready for pickup next week
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2019, 05:54 PM   #347
ttshovel

In my downtime I decided to finally wire my headlights, tail lights, turn signals, reverse lights, brake and license plate lights. This was quite the pita. Ended up adding/removing pins from the factory connectors to get everything to operate without the bcm

Seriously thinking about another set of street wheels/tires to drive it in the street again. Just need to come up with a better solution for the windows being bolted up

Drilled and tapped the catch can from the valve covers for 1/8 not and added a pushlock fitting to run the trans vent to, saving myself $100 for the ati catch can.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:54 PM   #348
ttshovel

Still waiting on the trans but I really want to get back to driving this thing on the street so that means getting an operational dashboard. My laptop took a shit so most likely will pick up a pi dash from here

https://pidashs.com/collections/fron...roducts/pidash

I will also need to add some more inputs, the main one is converter charge pressure, not trying to wipe a thrust bearing. Plus allows me to make sure the converter dump valve is doing its job. Also want to add driveshaft speed, fuel pressure, fuel level, and front abs for speedo. Issue is I'm out of analog inputs so need a i/o expansion box shown here

http://jordan-tuchband.squarespace.c...ms-io-extender

Lastly I will need a set of street tires, thinking mt sportsman's or a Hoosier qtp.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:43 AM   #349
ttshovel

Made the 5 hour round trip yesterday to pick up the trans. Pulled the pan to drill/tap for a gm coolant temp sensor. Threw a quart of f type in the converter. Trans is bolted up the the block, and trans mount in. Hopefully going to finish the install today.

Reached out to quick performance, the pinion seal has been leaked from the yoke since day one. They were awesome enough to send me a new seal out. Going to replace that while the driveshaft is out.

Ordered my transducers from lowdoller motorsports. Everyone on turbobullet seemed to be using them with success. Sure beats the $130 holley ones.

Since I only have 2 analog inputs in the ecm currently, one being dome pressure, the other being oil pressure. I will probably wire my other sensors in to oil pressure one at a time to verify pressures until I get the io box. The trans pressures should remain a constant
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #350
ttshovel

Picked up fluid and the sensors showed up. Already replaced the pinion seal. Only thing left to do in the trans is get some fittings for the transducers. The line pressure one interferes with the shifter linkage so will be using a 90 fitting. The dump valve didnt clear the tunnel so that will be remote mounted as well.
Attached Images