Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 04-11-2016, 12:35 AM   #1
ZL1C7

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE 10SPD/2015 SS 427 Man
GM diagnostic and module programming

Hi Guys

Over the past few years I have been getting out of old school hotrods and more into current GM muscle. I have purchased several Camaros without engines and other challanging repairs that have required advances diagnostic. There is a local guy that is mobile with his computer and has been the one to assist me in that area. I pulled the trigger last month and ordered the GM MDI: This newest release GM factory scan tool begins it's coverage in model year 2010. MDI when combined with the Global Diagnostic System 2 (GDS2) ..covers most module diagnostic and programming. I also have HP tuners to can do some of the other changes most need. I don't have a dyno yet but hopefully by years end I will have that covered also. If your in the San Jose south bay area and need a hand, send me a message and I'll do my best to help you out. I'm also handy with Big Stuff 3, Fast and recently started working with Holley FI
ZL1C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #2
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Cool toys man. I could only manage to have those toys if I moved to Alabama Kudos to you
Old 03-11-2020, 05:59 AM   #3
gregf

Drives: 2014 2LS
Similar source story as yourself. Sold my 72 Corvette last fall to upgrade my skills with the C6 Corvettes, bought the Tech2 and have been gathering experience and resources.

I just bought the MDI tool for my wife’s 2014 Camaro. I found the Bosch user guide but not much else on how to use the device. For example, I have not found a menu guide for all the different options - There are a couple of different variations of the menu guide for the tech2 floating around.

Any help/links/info you could provide would be appreciated!
gregf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:34 PM   #4
sinisterlsx510

Drives: 14 ss camaro summit white
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1C7 View Post
Hi Guys

Over the past few years I have been getting out of old school hotrods and more into current GM muscle. I have purchased several Camaros without engines and other challanging repairs that have required advances diagnostic. There is a local guy that is mobile with his computer and has been the one to assist me in that area. I pulled the trigger last month and ordered the GM MDI: This newest release GM factory scan tool begins it's coverage in model year 2010. MDI when combined with the Global Diagnostic System 2 (GDS2) ..covers most module diagnostic and programming. I also have HP tuners to can do some of the other changes most need. I don't have a dyno yet but hopefully by years end I will have that covered also. If your in the San Jose south bay area and need a hand, send me a message and I'll do my best to help you out. I'm also handy with Big Stuff 3, Fast and recently started working with Holley FI
Would u be able to turn on my rear 02 senors? They are currently off

2019 sierra duramax 2500 all terrain x

2001 trans am
Lsx 408 ci rebuild in progress(dead project)

1967 camaro
Sbc 327.
sinisterlsx510 is offline   Reply With Quote