Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-22-2015, 08:58 PM   #15
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
I don't know much about the VTC but why have substantial mods with no tune?
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:38 PM   #16
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
It is probably the vitesse tc causing that believe me... Take it off for a week and see if it happens again and if not put it back on and see if it happens again. I liked the device when I had it, but reduced power randomly isn't something I want. Maybe if they fix it in the future I will get another. Plus not being to use ALL the modes on a V8 sucks, why have options on it if you can't go higher than 5?
So why exactly are we not supposed to use higher settings an v8's?
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:02 AM   #17
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
So why exactly are we not supposed to use higher settings an v8's?
First I've heard of it, there seems to be a lot of misinformation out there, contact Ahmed, he will tell you its ok to use all settings. EC 1-7 and SP 1-9.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:14 AM   #18
kville988
Lurking in my SS

Drives: '14 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertwheal View Post
First your engine, now your keyboard! Things are not looking up for you.
kville988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:19 AM   #19
kville988
Lurking in my SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRED View Post
Why ask a question if you don't want to take the advice?

That being said, I had a VTC and used it for a while with no problem, then I started getting codes and backfiring. It was suggested that I reduce the SP settings to 5 and under. I tried that for a few days on 5, 4, and 3 The codes kept tripping and the backfiring continued. I'm not gonna try anything lower than 3 because what would be the point. SO I took the VTC off, the codes and backfiring went away and haven't come back. My thought is that the VTC is adding voltage that may be damaging vehicle systems such as the gas pedal based on the users that have had to replace pedals that completely burned out. So the VTC may be harming things over time? Then again, maybe it's all coincidence and my car just starting working better on its own after I removed the VTC

It's not gonna hurt your car to take the VTC off for a couple weeks. If that doesn't fix anything put it back on and take it to the dealer and see what they say.
OH ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME AND TAKEN...ILL GO AHEAD AND DO THAT. CAN'T HURT TO TRY. IT MAY VERY WELL BE HARMING THINGS OVER TIME. I NOTICED THAT MY VTC ISNT TURNING OFF ANYMORE. I THINK IT ACTUALLY STAYS ON ALL THE TIME. AND WHEN I FIRST INSTALLED IT, AFTER LETTING MY CAR SIT OVERNIGHT IT WOULD RESET TO 0 WHEN I GOT BACK IN IT THE NEXT DAY. I NOTICED RECENTLY THAT IT STAYS ON WHAT SETTING I PUT IT AT NO MATTER HOW LONG I LET IT SIT. IT IS SORT OF LIKE ITS CHANGING ON ITS OWN OR ADAPTING TO WHAT I DO. IF ITS DAMAGING I'LL TAKE IT OFF.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:23 AM   #20
kville988
Lurking in my SS

IM JUST WONDERING HOW DID PEOPLE FIX THIS ISSUE BEFORE THE VTC WAS INTRODUCED. IF PEOPLE WERE GETTING THROTTLE BODIES REPLACED AND PEDALS AND COMPUTERS REPLACED WITH THIS CODE 3 AND 4 YEARS AGO THEN MAYBE OUR CARS HAVE A DEEPER ISSUE. IDK
Old 05-23-2015, 03:30 AM   #21
kville988
Lurking in my SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
I don't know much about the VTC but why have substantial mods with no tune?
I HAVEN'T HAD THE MODS LONG AT ALL. I DIDN'T WANT TO GET TUNE AFTER TUNE FOR EVERY PART I ADD SO I WAS WATING FOR A COUPLE MORE THINGS TIL I TUNE IT SO I CAN DO IT ALL AT ONCE. PLUS IM HONESTLY JUST AS FAST AS SOME FRIENDS OF MINE WITH TUNES SO IM NOT RUSHING IT.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #22
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Some one posted a youtube video a short while back about this. The guy in the video checked his TB connector and found a loose wire in it. Always worth checking. He called a tug test, light tug on each of the wires in the connector. Found one that was hanging on by only a couple strands of copper.

Also, try reinstalling the VTC, prehaps the calibration is off. Maybe I'm wrong about the code but it could be related to the ecm reading a difference between the pedal and the throttle body.

As far as the tune, I guess it depends on the tuner, but the few I've talked to over the years will do the first wide band to get you set up. Then only charge a nominal fee for additional mods as you go.

Of course there are always those little things like fuel pump, filter, injectors that can go south as well.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:04 AM   #23
CrazyRED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
First I've heard of it, there seems to be a lot of misinformation out there, contact Ahmed, he will tell you its ok to use all settings. EC 1-7 and SP 1-9.
This is how he responded publicly to me. I ran my car on SP7 because that's how it felt right. I tried it on the lower levels and there just wasn't enough difference. Before I took it off completely I ran it on SP0 and the problems went away. I still had the problems at 5,4, and 3. I re-calibrated it twice. I think it's great that most people are operating without any problems, unfortunately that's not my case and there's a few others in the same boat. Ahmed never offered a replacement and I'm not going to chase after him to get one. It's off my car and I no longer have any problems so if anybody ask for experiences about the VTC this is the story I will give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
We've only suggested this to a customer who was getting a CEL to see if it was going to solve the issue.

I just personally think that anything beyond SP6 makes the Throttle response on a V8 too sensitive for everyday driving, maybe on a Track or for simply having fun or burnouts...

It all depends also on the mods you have / stickiness of the tires....

Most our customers ( 90% ) like the way their V8 feels at SP5.

We're not saying no to use more than SP5 on a V8, it's just a matter of preference.
CrazyRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:12 AM   #24
bowtienick

Drives: 2010 ss m6
The vtc is telling your car one thing and the traction controls are telling it another . I doubt anything is wrong, try putting in competitive mode.
bowtienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #25
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRED View Post
This is how he responded publicly to me. I ran my car on SP7 because that's how it felt right. I tried it on the lower levels and there just wasn't enough difference. Before I took it off completely I ran it on SP0 and the problems went away. I still had the problems at 5,4, and 3. I re-calibrated it twice. I think it's great that most people are operating without any problems, unfortunately that's not my case and there's a few others in the same boat. Ahmed never offered a replacement and I'm not going to chase after him to get one. It's off my car and I no longer have any problems so if anybody ask for experiences about the VTC this is the story I will give.

Good explanation. He also told me it was too sensitive for the v8s on higher modes.
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #26
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Onstar is clueless, they're very general in their diagnosis. Bad gas won't give you a P2138, it's a correlation code, the PCM is seeing different values from the throttle position sensor and the APP sensor....
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:50 PM   #27
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
deleted

Last edited by 1Canuck; 05-23-2015 at 06:14 PM. Reason: moved to LFX
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:01 AM   #28
kville988
Lurking in my SS

Ok everyone. Thanks for all the replies and advice. I really appreciate it. Here is an update. Friday when I posted this I unplugged my battery and let my car sit for about two hours. Also unplugged the controller. Put everything back to normal and turned the car on (didn't start it) and listened for the fuel pump and boom another engine power reduced message and I wasn't even driving. Car wasn't even started.

So I went to the next option. I pulled the two fuses and let the car sit for an hour. Started the car and it started fine with no messages. I ran the little gas I had left from texaco out. I went to shell and filled up halfway with 93 octane and just to be extra I went ahead and added a bottle of octane booster. I started the car and it seemed fine. I even got my exhaust pop noise back. I rode around again for about 10 minutes and the car responded so good. It felt like She got her soul back lol. I even punched it a few times and it responded fine again. My CEL even cleared. It's been over 24 hours and nothing has happened. I'm hoping it was the bad gas or perhaps my gas cap was loose. I don't know. But there is the update for you all. Let's hope it stays fine. I will update yall again later.