Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
lincoln361

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Talking Best application for TVS2300.. Meth or Nos?

Like the title states. Looking to gaining some more power to my vehicle. As of right now, Im around 505rwhp but with the hot texas weather it doesn't seem like it and with the competition stepping it up. I might as well too ha ha. So far I looking in the alky control system since it will help with my iat and Iv read that it works great with boost. Im also looking in the RDS spacer for the Maggie to help with the heat soak. I just found a cool product from RDS with the phenolic spacer but can also add the nitrous without going thru the blower, from which the nitrous guys I spoke said will give you more power. I would like to get some peoples opinion and see which route they would go with and get some pointers. IF you had a choice, which one would you go with. The meth? the nitrous with the phenolic spacer already built in? or the phenolic spacer and the nos going thru the throttle body? Also would I have to upgrade my injectors, currently have the 52lb injectors with the zl1 fuel pump and adm fpcm with 9 lbs boost

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...q=magnacharger

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/ls9-blo...onversion.html

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366240
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
lincoln361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
SLP/126

Drives: 2011 SLP ZL585
You and I seem to be on the same mission. I spoke to someone at N2O outlet yesterday. The tech I spoke with said the LS9 spacer plate you listed will not fit our setup. However, the RDS plate seems to be made specifically for the maggie supercharger. I already sent them a message regarding pricing and was planning to call them tomorrow. I did look at the N2O throttle body plate intake as well. I talked to a drag racer friend who said he liked the throttle intake because it would help cool the supercharger as well. I'm looking for the phenolic spacer plate for both performance and the aesthetic look. Good luck with everything!!! Would you be willing to tell me what price you got for the RDS plate?
SLP/126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
lincoln361

I spoke with nitrous express and they said that I could mail them my maggie and they could make a nitrous spacer plate but looks like rds beat them to it.
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
Old 08-26-2014, 12:46 AM   #4
sprayedv

Drives: 2012 CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS
Meth won't give you the power spray will..

Also if you tune meth for more power if your pump goes bad or your line gets clogged you're going to detonate like crazy... Happened to me in my V.

In my 5th gen I have meth but I didn't tune it for power... Just make sure you have some failsafes incase the meth never makes it.

2012 CTS-V: Cosmetic Chute.
sprayedv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
lincoln361

Thanks for the advice. I thought meth did give you more power. Iv seen countless videos before and after and saw great gains after the install. Not saying that you are wrong, since im still kinda new at this. So you added meth and didnt tune it?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
Ray@RDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln361 View Post
I spoke with nitrous express and they said that I could mail them my maggie and they could make a nitrous spacer plate but looks like rds beat them to it.
NX express and i work together, they plum my material....

and alky control and i working on the meth version also

Ray@RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #7
lincoln361

Ia their a number to contact you at?
Old 08-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #8
Ray@RDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Ia their a number to contact you at?
651-226-3109

LOL
Ray@RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #9
sprayedv

Drives: 2012 CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I thought meth did give you more power. Iv seen countless videos before and after and saw great gains after the install. Not saying that you are wrong, since im still kinda new at this. So you added meth and didnt tune it?
I may have phrased that confusing.

Meth WILL give you power but no where near the power nitrous will give you.

You're increasing your gas octane while running on pump. Just picture it like this. You put 93 in but a 50/50 meth will raise it to 100oct (there's an actual formula to determine the octane depending on the mix) so now you can boost more because you're using "better" fuel. This is how meth works in its simplest form... Also lowers iats and bunch of other stuff.. But you're not going to get away with 100-200whp with meth... You'll need spray for that.

2012 CTS-V: Cosmetic Chute.
sprayedv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
lincoln361

Thanks for the info. Thanks