Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #15
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
What are you hearing from STS, Doc? After all the bashing earlier I don't blame them for keeping quiet, I'm just hoping they're continuing the kit.
Well I've stopped talking to STS but according to Vince @ Trifecta Performance (who has the only tune for the ecm/tcm for us V6'rs) is that he has finished the tune for the STS single turbo car and the main knowledge is that when the car arrived at Camaro5 Fest that it didn't perform as well as they thought it would and have possible gone back to the drawing board to figure out what went wrong.

NOW - I have talked to Vince and he stated that if I went and tried a universal kit that he would be able to at least tune it for me to make a running car. Soooo....I may be looking at that.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #16
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
Well I've stopped talking to STS but according to Vince @ Trifecta Performance (who has the only tune for the ecm/tcm for us V6'rs) is that he has finished the tune for the STS single turbo car and the main knowledge is that when the car arrived at Camaro5 Fest that it didn't perform as well as they thought it would and have possible gone back to the drawing board to figure out what went wrong.

NOW - I have talked to Vince and he stated that if I went and tried a universal kit that he would be able to at least tune it for me to make a running car. Soooo....I may be looking at that.
That is not good news. I have no intention of buying a universal kit. If I'm going to buy a kit, it needs to perform on my car. Otherwise, I'll be saving up for a drivetrain swap.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #17
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
That is not good news. I have no intention of buying a universal kit. If I'm going to buy a kit, it needs to perform on my car. Otherwise, I'll be saving up for a drivetrain swap.
My first gens all have big blocks and I have been looking at the 496 stuff I have out in the garage, and I have a T56 wanting to be used.... Do you think that would hurt my gas mileage? Would I still have a warranty?

No. No. Not YET.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #18
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
Heres some good info on direct injection benefits etc from GMPD. http://www.gmperformancedivision.com..._Injection.pdf

Slide 6 asks if DI is untuneable... I hope not!
Aren't the SS and vette's DI,VVT, etc.? They have many choices when it comes to SC/TC. Why is the v6 harder to figure out? I am glad they are still working on it, rather than hearing not enough market for it and not worth the r&d.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #19
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
The LLT BoschBox is a little more difficult to crack than the V8 electronics...for very good reasons...

The 375 hp N/A 91-octane tunes (with CAI/catback/headers) talked about/promised a year ago have not materialized, and going with boost simply opens up even more of a can of worms...

All roads lead to Bosch...and they can't, under "proprietary agreement"...

That's why the Leno car "looks" fantastic...but have you seen a video of it "running"? If it would, you can be sure you would have seen it by now...and no one's more frustrated about that than Leno hisself, cuz he "promised" @ SEMA...

Remember, it took over 6 months for the LS9 transplants to "properly" run...because the VetteBox didn't initially talk to the Camaro BCM...because GM didn't want "liability issues", and it simply took time for "others" to do the interface. Those "others" had "inside help"...NOT forthcoming, yet, for the LLT...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #20
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
This is off-topic, but devildoc, you pretty much have all the upgrades that I have in mind for my Camaro, except for the tune, which I don't think I need for my manual.

Are all those mods affecting your mpg negatively at all even when you drive it normally?

One of the reasons I got a V6 instead of v8 is to use it as a daily driver and I am wondering if I get stuff like exhaust, CAI, long tubes, and high-flow cat, my mpg will drop.
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:50 AM   #21
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
My mpg has actually gotten better on the hwy by about 2mpg. On the city side just depends on how hard I accel and run the car. Normally I'm around 18-9 mpg city.

NOW - new info coming hopefully soon on a FI kit from a specific company that is doing reversed vortech superchargers and a turbocharged kit. Not passing any word other than that until I get the okay from some people.