Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #715
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Thread Summary. Please read.

Well I'd say not bad.

After 28 paged I only have one little thing to warn people about.

Since it doesn't make sense to go deleting posts now, I have one request. Keep the personal ridicule to a minimum. I deleted the links to the vid. If GM wants is down then we will honor that request. It's a professional courtesy. I'm sure everyone will understand.

Dealer's, Please keep your differences limited to PM's We don't sponsor any dealer here at Camaro5. And we don't like it one bit when Dealer's confront eachother here. Regardless of the argument.

Ok on to the good stuff.

I called Greg at EVS and I tried to reach Scotty but my 2yr old daughter had other plans... Long story... Sorry Scotty.

So let me add my thoughts now that I have educated myself.

As of now, GM's market research has told them the V6 is the car that will take the market by storm and increase their market share against the competitor. The competitor in this case is largely made up of imports.

This is the first time That GM has done a Pre Order system like this and as of now the pre order numbers have not been included in the calculation of what the allocation will be to each dealer. Dealers aren't told what the allocation is to protect the consumer from Dealers that may want to Mark Up cars.

Now, This does not mean that allocation won't change to reflect the stark difference in pre order numbers vs GM's initial market research. Greg explained to me that the Malibu had a similar situation where GM pushed and controlled release of the 4Cyl and 6Cyl cars because they believed the 4cyl to be the best car for the market at the time. It became very apparent that they were wrong as 6cyl cars were in high demand and GM adjusted allocation based on the demand from the consumer. No, this was not a pre order scenario like we have with the camaro but I believe it is worth mentioning. It shows that GM does listen.

Now, GM may still be right about the V6. If they want to sell 80,00 cars a year the 8,000 or so pre ordered SS's may not be proportional to what is actually sold when the cars are on the lots. Fbodfather himself has championed the V6 here quite often.

Also GM has consistently said that they want the dealers to focus on the V6 and be realistic about the delays that may happen if they take too many preorders for SS's. Scott has confirmed that there should be no delays in getting you SS's

The delay in SORP. My guess, (no insight just a guess) is along the lines of many others in that they've gotten good feedback from the CTF cars and they want to get those corrections into the real cars before they hit the streets. Including ABL. This makes good sense especially when you consider that initial quality is the foundation for most major automotive awards. I truly believe they want this car to be best in class and to be able to back that up with awards, much like the Malibu.

More speculation: I don't believe that GM will let the V8 order just hang out there and ignore the preorder cry for the V8. I do believe that to what ever degree possible they will answer the demand for the car.

Here is my hope: GM will in fact adjust the allocation, along the lines of what Scotty has posted, to be in line with pre orders.

Summary: GM delayed the car to get it right. Your Dealer should be honest with you about the possible delays in ordering any car. GM should listen to the demand and adjust initial allocation accordingly. It's not the end of the world for SS preorders.

Sorry for the Lord of the Rings post. I have no insight and have gathered this from talking to Greg, listening to Scotty, hearing out Scott, and carefully reading through ever single little post.....

There will probably be another 5 new pages of posts in the time it took me to write this...
Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #716
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Please focus here for now.

A few quick thoughts on the March 16th startup to calm people down...

See Scotts comments.

Closed Thread