Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-19-2017, 01:55 PM   #323
mjuris23

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Should the tensioner have any sort of play in it left to right? I've shredded 2 belts now in a week. See the video.

https://youtu.be/ZA4CYPuSlW4
mjuris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:03 PM   #324
jaymoo7

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 A6
Not to get off topic here, but TED......You are one class act and a helluva sponsor, mentor and friend. You offer the most as far as hands on experience, advice, and just if you need to chit chat about car related needs. Hands down, to me one the best. I am glad to be apart of of this community with you!

SOLD 2013 Camaro ZL1 M6
2013 ZL1 A6- Still completely stock.
jaymoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #325
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjuris23 View Post
Should the tensioner have any sort of play in it left to right? I've shredded 2 belts now in a week. See the video.

https://youtu.be/ZA4CYPuSlW4
Any tensioner will have some side to side movement it will find it's own center.

I need more information to help you diagnose any belt failures.

Alignment is Key, Flat belts will walk toward any misalignment.

Please contact me directly
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #326
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoo7 View Post
Not to get off topic here, but TED......You are one class act and a helluva sponsor, mentor and friend. You offer the most as far as hands on experience, advice, and just if you need to chit chat about car related needs. Hands down, to me one the best. I am glad to be apart of of this community with you!
Thank you sir, We appreciate the kind words, and your business.

Ted.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:32 PM   #327
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you sir, We appreciate the kind words, and your business.

Ted.
Hi Ted quick question for you. I have a 2010 L99 with a new Edelbrock Supercharger and all of the supporting mods which I purchase from you to include: id 850 injectors, upgraded fuel rail, fuel pump, FPCM, and spark plugs. Is the tensioner that you sell on you web site stronger for the Edelbrock supercharger? I supposedly have the upgraded one that Edelbrock uses in todays superchargers. I'm still having a little slippage problem. I have the 3.50 pulley which I purchased from you folks and you suggested that I put the Gatorback 4061055 belt on the supercharger which is currently what I have on the car. I'm still seeing small amounts of black dust on the tensioner. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:54 AM   #328
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Quote:
Hello and congrats on a great blower.

I guess it will depend on how complete the kit you purchased is.

You can put it on your all stock L99 and make some nice power.

Things I recommend are.

ZL-1 fuel pump
Special Fuel pump control module
ZR-1 3 bar Map sensor
TR7IX plugs
Set of MSD wires

A custom tune will be required.

I can provide a custom email tune for you.

Ted.
Hi Ted, I just ordered a whipple tuner kit with all the supporting mods, and rough idle cam kit from you. I know the tuner kit doesn’t come with a fuel control module, and you didn’t include one in the parts that you recommended. Will need to order one, or is the ZL1 fuel pump, ZR-1 3 bar map sensor enough?
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:12 AM   #329
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
Hi Ted quick question for you. I have a 2010 L99 with a new Edelbrock Supercharger and all of the supporting mods which I purchase from you to include: id 850 injectors, upgraded fuel rail, fuel pump, FPCM, and spark plugs. Is the tensioner that you sell on you web site stronger for the Edelbrock supercharger? I supposedly have the upgraded one that Edelbrock uses in todays superchargers. I'm still having a little slippage problem. I have the 3.50 pulley which I purchased from you folks and you suggested that I put the Gatorback 4061055 belt on the supercharger which is currently what I have on the car. I'm still seeing small amounts of black dust on the tensioner. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks
Thanks for the pictures via email we determined your belt was too long.

My supertensioner does not work with Edelbrock superchargers.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:13 AM   #330
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
Hi Ted, I just ordered a whipple tuner kit with all the supporting mods, and rough idle cam kit from you. I know the tuner kit doesn’t come with a fuel control module, and you didn’t include one in the parts that you recommended. Will need to order one, or is the ZL1 fuel pump, ZR-1 3 bar map sensor enough?
Thank you for your order, Yes sir, you will need our FPCM to run your ZL-1 pump correctly.

I apologize if that was missed on your order.

Thank you for your business.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #331
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Quote:
Thank you for your order, Yes sir, you will need our FPCM to run your ZL-1 pump correctly.

I apologize if that was missed on your order.

Thank you for your business.
FPCM is the “fuel pump control right? if that’s right you did include that in the kit. Sorry first F/I build.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:43 PM   #332
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
FPCM is the “fuel pump control right? if that’s right you did include that in the kit. Sorry first F/I build.
Yes sir it is, Fuel Pump Control Module.

No worries, better to ask then not and be missing something.

Ted.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:27 AM   #333
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Ted, this question is for someone who is today shopping around for a Heartbeat system, and is hearing the chit-chatter that the TVS 2650 is the new dawg in town.

For the sake of headroom, and/or perhaps even efficiencies sake at anything over 700wheel, would it make sense to wait a bit, and see if they introduce a “2650*“ option to their Heartbeat line for the LS3?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:19 AM   #334
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
You guys going to be at Camaro Fest again this year?
Old 04-08-2018, 06:10 PM   #335
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Ted, this question is for someone who is today shopping around for a Heartbeat system, and is hearing the chit-chatter that the TVS 2650 is the new dawg in town.

For the sake of headroom, and/or perhaps even efficiencies sake at anything over 700wheel, would it make sense to wait a bit, and see if they introduce a “2650*“ option to their Heartbeat line for the LS3?
The 2650 is still a ways off maybe end of the year for the LT1 and later for the LS models.

The Heartbeat 2300 can do 850 RWHP easy so unless your looking to make more than that.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #336
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You guys going to be at Camaro Fest again this year?
That's the Plan, need to talk to you about the lay out for this year.

Ted.